So Upset with Carnival right now!

misstopgun

If the OP received a letter that ALL non refundable expenses would be refunded anddidnot place a cap on the amount then Carnival needs to make good on this.

OP, stay on Carnival and ignore the John Heald pep squad that are posting in defense of Carnival.

Your statement is total ignorance and inflammatory. Perhaps the OP needs to contact John Heald and see if he can help. John seems to be able to get things taken care of. He is just another avenue to use to solve your problems.

Travel Insurance is freaking CHEAP!!!!

Can't afford it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Love it!! You are so very right. If you can afford to cruise, then you can afford to protect that investment for just dollars a day and are foolish not to.

I am 42 years old and thought I was in "good" health and then that changed dramatically. In the past 6 years I have had to have 5 surgeries of which 2 were middle of the night, I almost died, emergency surgeries. No warning signs ahead of time either.

Had I been aboard a ship my only option would have been to be air evacuated off the ship x 2. :eek: Then I would have had surgery and recovery time far away from home and likely in another country. I can't even fathom the costs, of which my private/personal insurance surely wouldn't foot 100% of the bill.

I've also had luggage lost/stolen. Covered. I've had delayed flights and cancelled flights. Covered. The list goes on and on for what could happen and it would only be salt in the wound if something unfortunate happened and I had to deal with large monetary losses to boot.

Travel insurance is just too affordable not to buy. I would rather be safe than sorry and never use it than to not have it and wish I did as I watched the dollar signs roll.

I am 42 years old and thought I was in "good" health and then that changed dramatically. In the past 6 years I have had to have 5 surgeries of which 2 were middle of the night, I almost died, emergency surgeries. No warning signs ahead of time either.

you made it through those

So glad to hear unfortunate health scares. I agree 100% about insurance.

Someone posted recently that they were told when they were on the Legend just recently, by guest services, that if you reach Milestone this year, you will be grandfathered (as previously promised) to Diamond. And that it was not being publicy announced. Wonder if that is true? It is what they promised with the new program. We were told if we were within a cruise or two of reaching our Milestone cruise that we would be given the highest level, which is Diamond. I know that Milestone is not considered a level. However, when we were told this, they knew that too. And said that Milestone would become Diamond. Really doesnt make that much difference, since most of those perks for Diamond are one timers and should be on every cruise after diamond level is met. How many other cruiselines make their top level cruisers perks once in a lifetime???

Total BS -DH and I were Milestone long before the past guest program changed. We were not bumped up to Diamond. Platinums were grandfathered if they took the extra cruises before 12/31/13, but they did not grandfather the Milestone cruisers to Diamond.

You still have to reach the magic 200 day mark to get Diamond. In my case I have 31 cruises under my belt, but won't get the Diamond status until I cruise in August on #32 when I hit 200 days. DH is also Milestone, but he will have to take an additonal three 7 night cruises after our August cruise to catch up to me as a Diamond.

One of the big beefs was how this was handled when the program changed. We were originally told that Milestones would be grandfathered, but then we were not. I think if we didn't get grandfathered then the Platinum's should have been subject to the new rules from the beginning too.

One of the big beefs was how this was handled when the program changed. We were originally told that Milestones would be grandfathered, but then we were not. I think if we didn't get grandfathered then the Platinum's should have been subject to the new rules from the beginning too.

Agreed. Making allowances for one group but not the other seemed unfair. Of course their comeback was that MILESTONE was not a level but an event. Never mind that every S&S card I received after my "Milestone" cruise had "Milestone" either printed on it or attached in sticker form. Again, Carnival's comeback to that point was that all those cards were issued in error... to everyone .. on each successive sailing.

Yeah... right... :rolleyes:

Tom

Archived