So Upset with Carnival right now!

misstopgun

Answers like that are what is wrong with cruise critic lately.

It used to be a place for cruisers to give and get advice from each other, but CC seems to have become an opportunity to "kick the dog who asks" .

Whats sad is, your post wil be deleted and theirs will stay.

I think I mentioned in a earlier post here.. that I saw a post from someone who pursued this and they got 100% credit from a flight that they said they could not use the credit in the next year... Carnival worked it out with SW and SW cancelled the 1 year credit they had issued to the pax.

So, the first no, turned to a yes, when pursued further.

Yes, I did miss that post. Good to hear.

Answers like that are what is wrong with cruise critic lately.

It used to be a place for cruisers to give and get advice from each other, but CC seems to have become an opportunity to "kick the dog who asks"

400/5=$80 each doesn't sound unreasonable? "5 grown women" is just insulting, not helpful.

Hopefully there's good advice after the first page, but I'm sure she got her butt handed to her a few more times if that was the first response.

Yes, it is sad that some people feel the need to ridicule someone for expressing an honest opinion or reaching out for advise. I sincerely hope this works out for her.

I can understand your frustration. I can only imagine how difficult it was to try and rearrange your travel plans on such short notice.

I recently had some troubles with Carnival and the worst part was being disappointed by a company that I believed in and loved.

I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation :)

Yes, my 3/16/13 cruise got cancelled just 2 days in advance. We scrambled around hard and managed to salvage our time, but it sure wasn't easy. :eek:

Originally Posted by firefly333

I think I mentioned in a earlier post here.. that I saw a post from someone who pursued this and they got 100% credit from a flight that they said they could not use the credit in the next year... Carnival worked it out with SW and SW cancelled the 1 year credit they had issued to the pax.

So, the first no, turned to a yes, when pursued further.

Yes, I did miss that post. Good to hear.

Yes, that was me!!! :)

And the check just arrived in the mail today! My name is spelled completely wrong (of course), but as long as the bank accepts it, no biggie!

And although I spent hours (weeks? months?) cussing Carnival out, I'm over it now. In fact, I'm probably going to book a quick week away on the Elation pretty soon...

Like I said, stick with it. I know they had lots of people potentially trying to squeeze freebies out of them (unethical of course). But if you're rightfully due a refund, fight for it!

And I hate to say it, but I mentioned the LA times reporter (our local paper) that had been writing about the Triumph issue, and that I had planned to contact her. It was after sending that email that I got an immediate response with a refund offer...I really hated taking it that far (especially since I've cruised with Carnival a TON), but I wasn't going to be out all that money...

And the check just arrived in the mail today! My name is spelled completely wrong (of course), but as long as the bank accepts it, no biggie!

Oh good. I am bad with names on here. It does go do prove the persistent win in the end, even if sometimes you have to fight them.

I am also amused with the replies telling the OP they are in the wrong to think they should get refunded nonrefundable costs as promised. They jump to Carnival's defense so blindly.

And although I spent hours (weeks? months?) cussing Carnival out, I'm over it now. In fact, I'm probably going to book a quick week away on the Elation pretty soon...

Like I said, stick with it. I know they had lots of people potentially trying to squeeze freebies out of them (unethical of course). But if you're rightfully due a refund, fight for it!

And I hate to say it, but I mentioned the LA times reporter (our local paper) that had been writing about the Triumph issue, and that I had planned to contact her. It was after sending that email that I got an immediate response with a refund offer...I really hated taking it that far (especially since I've cruised with Carnival a TON), but I wasn't going to be out all that money...

It's sad it had to come to that .

Originally Posted by sailawaybellaluna

Yes, that was me!!!

It's sad it had to come to that .

True true. I plan our vacations about a year in advance, and I was pretty emotionally attached to this one - not necessarily because of the actual cruise - but because we were also visiting family and my best friend and her new baby I hadn't met yet.

But it all worked out in the end. I got my refund, and they all decided to come and visit me next month! :)

It is interesting.

And for the op, keep after them.

That is a lot of money to throw away.

After an experience with Carnival customer service I know that Carnival does not do customer service well.

( They are sneaky and you do need to watch them!)

I have been saying this for years and other posters would say, well, that never happened to me, blah blah blah.

When it does happen and you find out how woefully inadequate and ineffective Carnival's customer service really is, it is a definite eye opener.

Carnival does a good boat ride for the money, but it something goes wrong, then you are on your own.

I have to disagree. Keep in mind that was $375 total for 5 people. That's only $75 per person.

While I hope she gets it all figured out --I think that Is very high per person land reimbursement on top of air reimbursement. How many family of four or five spend more than $100 for their whole family to transport to ship? I usually rent a car for $40-50 per day to transport me and my son. Her per person rate is a fair expectation for the whole group. Now I'm not saying they did not deserve the spurge!! Think about spending as much on transport to the ship as it cost to sail one day on board....

While I hope she gets it all figured out --I think that Is very high per person land reimbursement on top of air reimbursement. How many family of four or five spend more than $100 for their whole family to transport to ship? I usually rent a car for $40-50 per day to transport me and my son. Her per person rate is a fair expectation for the whole group. Now I'm not saying they did not deserve the spurge!! Think about spending as much on transport to the ship as it cost to sail one day on board....

Yeah you transport you and your son, 2 people. 5 adults with luggage for a cruise is hardly going to fit in one rental car.

Besides if you had read all the posts, you would know that ground transportation costs for this particular port are notorioiusly high, and $75 per person is not out of the range of prices for shuttles. Also, they could not rent a car because the car rental places would have been closed the day they were supposed to fly in and sail out.

~Katy

We had 7 cabins booked on Triumph. We got canceled and 4 cabins re-booked for Magic a day earlier. We had to pay more money for the 7 night cruise. Our pre-night hotel rooms, which were originally going to be $99 for a Sunday arrival, are now $199 for a Saturday arrival. (4 Rooms).

Our mini van rentals to drive to Galveston were going to be for a 5 day cruise. Now they are for a 7 day. The car rental counter is closed on Sunday, when we return, and also closed on Monday, (Memorial Day). This incurs an additional $335 per vehicle. We have 2 of them rented. So, not counting the added expense for the longer cruise, we are out another $1070.00.

We also were offered $50 per cabin for reimbursement. I sent my original invoices and the new ones. But this is what were getting. $200. Like it, or lump it.:o

Problem is the car rental agencies in Galveston are not open on Sundays. the day the OP was due to disembark the ship.

\I usually rent a car for $40-50 per day to transport me and my son. Her per person rate is a fair expectation for the whole group. Now I'm not saying they did not deserve the spurge!! Think about spending as much on transport to the ship as it cost to sail one day on board....

Good Lord! I live in Houston and had no idea it cost so much to get to the port from the airport! I always drive. I think I need to start a service to take people to the ports for cruises!

OP, I hope you can get your money back. I agree that Carnival should pay for whatever mode of transportation you booked.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you and your sisters just switch to a New Orleans departure?

Good Lord! I live in Houston and had no idea it cost so much to get to the port from the airport! I always drive. I think I need to start a service to take people to the ports for cruises!

OP, I hope you can get your money back. I agree that Carnival should pay for whatever mode of transportation you booked.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you and your sisters just switch to a New Orleans departure?

Just curious what it costs to park.

I've always wondered if I could make an income taking people to the pier in NY and home, with parking at something like $35 a day, but I hate to drive.

All you need is an old van and a u-haul trailer for the luggage. That's what the guy had that we used.

I should have known something was up when couldn't meet the guy where everyone else was being picked up.

On the other hand he did wait forever for Allen whose flight was late.

He must have heard about Allen's reputation. :D

Why do I have visions of the driver looking like Pat Buttram?

I have to disagree. Keep in mind that was $375 total for 5 people. That's only $75 per person.

To the OP- definitely call once they are open tomorrow. If they are unable to help you maybe each of your sisters could submit a request individually? Maybe they are only reimbursing you for a single person rather than the group?

~Katy

Haven't read all the responses yet but I would assume this is the issue. That they aren't going to refund all 5 of you the 400$ and have to get each of you separately.

(I mean to say that I hope it is the issue...who knows :) )

Why not use them again? They clearly explained the policy, you clearly understood the policy, they followed said policy. You are upset with them because they followed the agreed upon policy?

Good gravy, some people have to argue about EVERYTHING. THEY wouldn't even discuss it. THEY don't have any loyalty towards the customer. If I have a problem with a company and ask to discuss it with a manager to see if we can "work something out" and get a flat out no and a hang up I wouldn't do business with them either!

Wow, this is a lot of butthurt over 400 bucks (split five ways?) Think I would just take the 50 or whatever and try again next time. Not the end of the world.

send me $400 and I'll send you back $50 and let's see how you like being out of pocket through no fault of your own !!

some of the comments on here are so inconsiderate. I understood this to be a forum where people could share experiences and get guidance or assistance.....obviously there are some who no matter what just have their own agenda and don't give a toss about helping others.....to those I wish they'd just leave as the good posters may get fed up with their constant bitching and go.....leaving the rest of us with the dross posters who do nothing but spout crap all day

the OP came here for some help and support, not a knife in the back so if you have nothing constructive to say then please refrain from posting

Archived