Cigar bar

Does Jewel of the sea still have. Cigar bar?

I could be wrong but I don't think any of the major cruise lines have Cigar bar anymore

They have very restricted small area where cigar smoking is permitted

I could be wrong but I don't think any of the major cruise lines have Cigar bar anymore

The restricted area is the cigar bar. :) On Jewel, yes there is a cigar bar and it is called Hollywood Odyssey on Deck 13. I was amazed at the ventilation. I did not smell any residual cigar smoke at all. Very nice. :)

You are wrong but I'm not sure if Jewel has one. The Freedom and Voyager Classes have them. It's the Connoisseur Club but I don't see one on the Jewel. The Oasis Class cigar bars are outside on deck 17 in the reserved suite area. You can only go up there after 7:00 pm unless you are in a suite. Sorry I can't help with the Jewel.

I have not been on a Radiance class ship yet, but the Vision class ( Vision and Grandeur) both used the Library after 9PM as the cigar bar. So you should have an indoor area to smoke if that is what you are asking. I know Freedom and Voyager class ships have the Connoisseur Club for cigar smoking, open 24 hours a day.

LOL - you guys slay me. :p So many replies by those who have not sailed Jewel. I have, I stood in the Cigar Bar, I know it's there. :D

OP, enjoy your cruise. Jewel is magnificent.

Thanks for the info. Been on Brilliance and Jewel but just couldn't remember. To be honest, the only thing I remember about those ships were the glass and pool tables...oh yea and the unique and soon to be gone outdoor area of the Windjammer. :confused:

Edited by SPDBigG

LOL - you guys slay me. :p So many replies by those who have not sailed Jewel. I have, I stood in the Cigar Bar, I know it's there. :D

OP, enjoy your cruise. Jewel is magnificent.

Noted that on Serenade the CL and DL are now in the Viking Crown area and the Hollywood Odyssey appears to be gone. I asked on another cigar thread whether the renovated Radiance class ships would have a cigar area or, if like I experienced on Allure, the cigar area, if retained, will be outside.

The Connoisseur Club on the Voyager class ships were outstanding. Too bad the concept was not carried forward to Oasis and Allure.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

VR,

T Lex

I have cruised on Jewel twice, with another coming up next month. She does have a cigar bar. It is the Hollywood Odyssey which is at the very top of the ship in the Viking Crown Lounge. Take one of the outward facing glass elevators all the way up, exit, turn right and you're there. It is open for cigar smokers (myself included) each night from 9 until midnight-ish.

That being said, enjoy it while you can. When Jewel gets her big refurbishment that bar will be converted into a Concierge Lounge. :(

They'll probably have a nice, windy area of an exterior deck for us to use. That's how they do it on Allure and it's just wonderful. :rolleyes:

I have cruised on Jewel twice, with another coming up next month. She does have a cigar bar. It is the Hollywood Odyssey which is at the very top of the ship in the Viking Crown Lounge. Take one of the outward facing glass elevators all the way up, exit, turn right and you're there. It is open for cigar smokers (myself included) each night from 9 until midnight-ish.

That being said, enjoy it while you can. When Jewel gets her big refurbishment that bar will be converted into a Concierge Lounge. :(

They'll probably have a nice, windy area of an exterior deck for us to use. That's how they do it on Allure and it's just wonderful. :rolleyes:

Yeah, really, really wonderful.....:rolleyes:

And try arriving just as they pack it up and close down the bar...at 2300!

At least on Mariner and Voyager, they stayed open until after midnight, the walk in humidor was great, and the ambiance excellent.

Trying to choose between Navigator (great suite) and Serenade (really great suite) and the option of smoking my one or two cigars per year outside is not particularly appealing. Point for Navigator!

VR,

T Lex

Yeah, really, really wonderful.....:rolleyes:

And try arriving just as they pack it up and close down the bar...at 2300!

At least on Mariner and Voyager, they stayed open until after midnight, the walk in humidor was great, and the ambiance excellent.

Trying to choose between Navigator (great suite) and Serenade (really great suite) and the option of smoking my one or two cigars per year outside is not particularly appealing. Point for Navigator!

VR,

T Lex

The Connoisseurs Club is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to our Indy cruise next year. Every RCI ship should have one! I found it totally ridiculous that they couldn't install a small cigar lounge on the biggest ships ever built.

• 4 weeks later...

Princess still has cigar lounges with bar service on The Ruby,Caribbean Princes, Basically all the Grand Class.

Norwegian had one on the Gem

Princess still has cigar lounges with bar service on The Ruby,Caribbean Princes, Basically all the Grand Class.

Norwegian had one on the Gem

I've been in the cigar bar on Caribbean Princess and it had the worst ventilation system I've ever seen. Six of us had to leave because we couldn't stand the smoke. My eyes were watering. :D That was in '06 so maybe it's been upgraded or fixed since then.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if there is a cigar lounge on vision of the sea in the year 2014?

Not one on Vision as clarea mentioned - sorry.

Since the revised smoking policy which took effect on January 1, 2014, the only dedicated indoor cigar bars in the RCI fleet are on Voyager and Freedom class ships. This lounge is called the Connoisseur Club and is located forward on deck 5.

All other ships now restrict cigar smoking to the designated outdoor deck smoking side of the ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind