Explosion in Boston

Chileancruiser

Three dead including an 8 year old boy. Estimates between 120 and 140 injured, some severely and horrifically. We had a friend there with his girlfriend right in the middle of things but they both came home unscathed but badly shaken up by the events.

I walked the course for a cancer fundraiser last September and walked across that finish line. Both Margo and I are heartsick over this.

I am afraid our precious race will never be the same.

Three dead including an 8 year old boy. Estimates between 120 and 140 injured, some severely and horrifically. We had a friend there with his girlfriend right in the middle of things but they both came home unscathed but badly shaken up by the events.

I walked the course for a cancer fundraiser last September and walked across that finish line. Both Margo and I are heartsick over this.

I am afraid our precious race will never be the same.

Good morning Louis.....sending all my best wishes.....and it may not be

the same BUT....they will run next year because if they don't? It will

mean the bad guys will have won.....and of course that won't happen.

For once, our local stations, ch 4, 5, and 7 have the facts. 2 deaths, one is an eight year old. At least 98 hospitalized with injuries, some are severe. Cell phone service has been shut down in the city. Planes scheduled to arrive in BOS are being held at their point of origin. Hospitals are in secure mode, MA Tpke closed in the city. Limited public transportation.

Nobody in custody. Police are reviewing security footage, looking for someone who may have dropped a back-pack into a trash can.

We have neighbor who work in Boston and so far they are not home.

Very sad day. Not knowing is so frustrating.

Darcy

All reports from the cellphone companies were that they were not shut down, just terribly overloaded. Heck, on a normal Marathon Monday it is hard to make calls in that neighborhood due to volume. Mass Turnpike is not closed (and I never saw reports that it was).

Logan flights (in and out) were held up for around an hour or so in late afternoon, but all operations were back to normal by last evening.

Suspect in Revere (just north of the city, on the water) is being investigated, tons of police and ATF etc checking that out all night

Good morning Louis.....sending all my best wishes.....and it may not be

the same BUT....they will run next year because if they don't? It will

mean the bad guys will have won.....and of course that won't happen.

Thanks Lois, that means a lot to us.

Yes, they will run next year for sure, it just won't be the same. As they say, our "inocense" has been lost.

#1 Suspect is dead.......#2 is still on the loose and looks like parts

of Boston are "closed".....Watertown, MASS especially. All the public

transportation is now shut down.

Omigod! I saw these posts and just turned on the TV. My SIL is from Watertown and his mother and brother live there. I checked the map and fortunately they are not close enough to be totally freaked out, but it's still way way too close. the stuff that went on last night was a little more scary since my son lives on the Cambridge/Somerville line and can be out and about in his car.

My son also lives in Cambridge.

Sorry for the misinfo; suspect 2 still at large although they have a house in Watertown completely surrounded by about 200 various police, swat, fbi, atf, etc etc. Think something is imminent.

Sending all those affected my best wishes and good thoughts.......

I am sure it was a long, long weekend for those up in the Boston area.

BOSTON STRONG:)

Archived