Explosion in Boston

Chileancruiser

I'm taking a moment to say a prayer for those 2 souls that died and the 20+ injured in the Boston Marathon Bombing. I hope my fellow first responders, EMS/Fire/Police, who are taking care of others also take care of themselves as they secure the area.

I got home yesterday from my cruise and took today off from work.

Been watching the news all afternoon:eek::mad::(....looks bad.

It's absolutely awful. Boston on Marathon day is a zoo. Given what they're describing on local news, the injury numbers being reported are low. It's now having a ripple effect with hotel evacuations and lockdowns and Logan Airport is on some sort of alert as well as Washington DC and New York.

NY post is reporting a suspect in custody...12 dead 50 injured. Terrible tragedy...

the report is that it is a Saudi in custody but I remind everyone that initial reports are many times wrong.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

12 dead?....every report I have seen says 2 dead with more than 100

injured.

AND another bomb at the JFK Library:mad:

My DW is giving a soft ear full right now. My original plan was to take the kids to the finish line and cheer for my friends and family running in the marathon. Fortunately, I had a late night last night and I overslept this morning so I had to make alternate plans.

I was also able to confirm that all my family and friends running in the Marathon were running awfully slow since they only made it to Newton before they got kicked off the route. Thank God everything turned out OK.

Whatever the exact tally of dead and injured, it is an absolute tragedy for Boston as well as the U.S.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, Boston residents and visitors, and the EMS, fire, police and military and civic personnel all doing their best to secure the safety of the public.

Whatever the exact tally of dead and injured, it is an absolute tragedy for Boston as well as the U.S.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, Boston residents and visitors, and the EMS, fire, police and military and civic personnel all doing their best to secure the safety of the public.

Amen

We have heard from our son and he is OK. He works on Commonwealth Ave not far from the finish line and typically his office is closed on Marathon Day, but you never know if something came up and he had to be in town today. I didn't think he would want to be at the race, but once again you never know.

NY post is reporting a suspect in custody...12 dead 50 injured. Terrible tragedy...

the report is that it is a Saudi in custody but I remind everyone that initial reports are many times wrong.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

The NY POST is WRONG:eek::(:mad:...Nobody is in custody.

This is incorrect.

while the report may be incorrect this is in fact what they are reporting and they are sticking to it..

In fact the washington Post is commenting on it..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/04/15/boston-explosions-new-york-post-better-have-good-sources/

The NY post is not my favorite newspaper or website but gven the report and my comment about not trusting early reports, it is their report accurately stated

Prayers up for all the 1st responders as well as the victims and their families.

It inspires me when I hear accounts like those on the news today in which eyewitnesses said: "Everybody was running away, but we saw the police running toward the area the blast came from..."

Stay safe Boston PD.

while the report may be incorrect this is in fact what they are reporting and they are sticking to it..

In fact the washington Post is commenting on it..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/04/15/boston-explosions-new-york-post-better-have-good-sources/

The NY post is not my favorite newspaper or website but gven the report and my comment about not trusting early reports, it is their report accurately stated

Sorry. Two relatives are Boston officals, one is a policeman. The NY post report was incorrect.

Reports are that the dead are an 8 year old boy and an elderly woman. These reports will probably change, as everything else we've heard has changed.

No suspects in custody.

No relation between these acts of terrorism and the fire at the Kennedy Library.

For once, our local stations, ch 4, 5, and 7 have the facts. 2 deaths, one is an eight year old. At least 98 hospitalized with injuries, some are severe. Cell phone service has been shut down in the city. Planes scheduled to arrive in BOS are being held at their point of origin. Hospitals are in secure mode, MA Tpke closed in the city. Limited public transportation.

Nobody in custody. Police are reviewing security footage, looking for someone who may have dropped a back-pack into a trash can.

We have neighbor who work in Boston and so far they are not home.

Very sad day. Not knowing is so frustrating.

Darcy

I work just down the street from the finish line and I know how busy the streets around the finish line can be. That is why, thank god, I worked from home today.. We have been told that the buildings around Copley Square will be closed in the morning so another day working from home..

My thoughts and prayers to all who were injured or lost a loved one..

Kezzie

Archived