Escargot?

floralscent

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Eclipse in April in the Caribbean - no escargot. :(

I just got off the Connie June 1 in the Baltics and escargot was on the always available menu.:) However, there was no escargot on the TA which came from Miami right before I got on. Seems they picked up the escargot in Europe. This leads me to believe it may have something to do with what region of the world you are in and/or the suppliers.

I just got off the Connie June 1 in the Baltics and escargot was on the always available menu.:) However, there was no escargot on the TA which came from Miami right before I got on. Seems they picked up the escargot in Europe. This leads me to believe it may have something to do with what region of the world you are in and/or the suppliers.

We are sailing the Baltics on Connie on July 7th - to celebrate my 50th birthday so HOPING there is escargot - they are my favorite.

sharon

Hope this is the case and they make it aboard Equinox!

Edited by shoelover536

Sailing the Baltic in July, hoping they make it to the Eclipse!!:):)

*waits for the punch line*

Look at that S-car go!

With all the talk of bringing your own water and wine on-board, I wonder if they'd let me bring a cooler of snails? Likely not. I'd think I'd get a stern talking-to from security, followed by a culinary admonishment from the kitchen.

just another example of a great feature from the past potentially going away or lessened.

I used to look forward to Lobster night, now it is Seafood Delight or some other dumb name. There are a number of things that I enjoyed from past 15 years of sailing that have been reduced/discontinued. But then they have added some nice updates/features too, so........... :)

When they take away my view of the ocean, then it will be time to choose another vacation venue. :rolleyes:

just another example of a great feature from the past potentially going away or lessened.

I used to look forward to Lobster night, now it is Seafood Delight or some other dumb name. There are a number of things that I enjoyed from past 15 years of sailing that have been reduced/discontinued. But then they have added some nice updates/features too, so........... :)

When they take away my view of the ocean, then it will be time to choose another vacation venue. :rolleyes:

This particular 'cutback' is due to a worldwide shortage. I have seen many news articles about this shortage from various news sources. It is not a deliberate cutback by Celebrity.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

This is quite interesting. The only real reference to a "shortage" of escargot in the culinary world appears to be within cruise industry, and only with certain cruise lines.

Granted, cruise lines are one of the largest consumers of escargot, but it seems as a number of the lines are not willing to pay associated cost increases, based on supply and demand.

this is quite interesting. The only real reference to a "shortage" of escargot in the culinary world appears to be within cruise industry' date=' and only with certain cruise lines.

Granted, cruise lines are one of the largest consumers of escargot, but it seems as a number of the lines are not willing to pay associated cost increases, based on supply and demand.[/quote']

bingo

We just got off the Constellation and they were on the left side of the menu. My DH and the friends we were traveling with had them almost every night. We were also on the Allure last fall and they also had them but not as often as Celebrity.

The Head Chef on the Navigator gave an interesting seminar this April. Very informative, he stated that the RCI fleet wide shortage of escargot was due to flooding which wiped out stocks in Indonesia the source of their supply.

Apparently it will take almost a year to get inventory up to the necessary levels to meet the cruise lines needs.

It had been decided no ships get escargot until all ships can. This was to prevent passengers from one ship or cruise having them and the next not.

Since RCI and X are one and the same it is likely they have the same supplier.

Other lines may source from other countries thus they have inventory.

RCCL is waiting until their supplier is up to speed to meet their fleets demands.

That is a lot of escargot I am sure.