Oh my... 400 posts & not 1 cruise yet!

Xcitdcruiser

Love to see the review of the honeymoon. ;)

Fifty ?#$@s in the shade.:rolleyes:

The only room information I would post would be how great the views are from our aft balcony. And maybe an image of the room as we enter. That is ALL :p

My friends are threatening to give me that book as gift - I will be wrapping that in brown paper.

The good thing? Flights have been booked & only 10 months to go! Woop! Woop!

I don't have as many posts as you do, but I consider myself a plan-aholic for trips. I've been on here for like a year in anticipation of my first cruise that we're leaving for this Saturday (!!), and I'm on here pretty much every day, sometimes a couple times a day. I don't do a lot of posting, but I lurk a lot. :D

Plan-aholic? Me too. Have a wonderful first cruise, RoonilWazlib!

Wondering, where is your count down clock??

Besides all the planning and great anticipation with cruising, it is also a lot of fun and exciting to have a count down clock.

We started on 504 days and are now on 131 days to go:D

Does anyone esle do this much planning / research before a cruise? Make me feel better..... :o

Our first was in 1987, found CC in 2003, have been thru 2 server changes where post counts reset to zero. I do the planning with the wifester,s blessing, and the goofing off on CC.. I read reviews, look at pic's from places we have been to many times, Ships we have been on before, because the journey never gets old. Our DD even worked on Ship for a bit on the CD's staff. And here I am on CC with just under 200 days till we cruise the East again like we did last Nov.

Hope you never let that feeling go away you will have after you finish your first time on the water.

I had a lot under my belt before my first post (king of the lurkers). 400 is a lot for someone who has never cruised but you will love it and become a know it all like the rest of us. Have a great honeymoon.

Wondering, where is your count down clock??

Besides all the planning and great anticipation with cruising, it is also a lot of fun and exciting to have a count down clock.

We started on 504 days and are now on 131 days to go:D

See! I do learn something new every day!! How to create a count down clock...(hoping I have it on my signiture..) although i was secretly avoiding doing that because it will also be my 30th b'day which is not so exciting. Focussing on the positives though....

And yeah!1 only 131 days for you!

See! I do learn something new every day!! How to create a count down clock...(hoping I have it on my signiture..) although i was secretly avoiding doing that because it will also be my 30th b'day which is not so exciting. Focussing on the positives though....

Seems to have worked.:D

Well Done!!!! Can see the clock!

Not too worry about 30, you know. Twenty nine and a half, now that is a bugger, but once you are thirty. Totally okay.

Just had another big O myself and made a new saying: "Guess I finally have to get older from 26 and will upgrade, so from now on the sixties are the new thirties". MIL agreed:D

Well Done!!!! Can see the clock!

Not too worry about 30, you know. Twenty nine and a half, now that is a bugger, but once you are thirty. Totally okay.

Just had another big O myself and made a new saying: "Guess I finally have to get older from 26 and will upgrade, so from now on the sixties are the new thirties". MIL agreed:D

I don't worry about my age, it is more that the people around me is getting so old.:D

So I 've just noticed the amount of posts is ticking to 400 & i haven't set sail once!!

The good news is that i would consider myself organised (you think??) & that i will be as ready as I can be in February for my first ever Celebrity cruise!

Does anyone esle do this much planning / research before a cruise? Make me feel better..... :o

Much (?most?) of the fun of a great trip is planning and anticipating it. Sounds like you are way ahead on that score. Well done. Once it's done and over, it's over. So, start enjoying now by thinking about it. The one thing I've learned, then, is once the trip starts, ... let it happen. Enjoy it. Whatever the "it" turns out to be. Stop planning mode, and start the "experiencing" mode.

- Joel

Much (?most?) of the fun of a great trip is planning and anticipating it. Sounds like you are way ahead on that score. Well done. Once it's done and over, it's over. So, start enjoying now by thinking about it. The one thing I've learned, then, is once the trip starts, ... let it happen. Enjoy it. Whatever the "it" turns out to be. Stop planning mode, and start the "experiencing" mode.

- Joel

I totally agree, relax and see how all your planning makes the trip go smoothly but also enjoy the unforeseen events as they come to pass.:D

The only room information I would post would be how great the views are from our aft balcony. And maybe an image of the room as we enter. That is ALL :p

My friends are threatening to give me that book as gift - I will be wrapping that in brown paper.

A friend works for the USPS and delivers mail. He told me that it is amazing what he knows about people from the mail they get. He knows where they bank, work, their hobbies or likes from the magazines they get, and etc. He said the ones he really gets a kick out of are the plain brown envelop or package. Everyone knows where they are comming from, they don't fool anyone.

The one thing I've learned, then, is once the trip starts, ... let it happen. Enjoy it. Whatever the "it" turns out to be. Stop planning mode, and start the "experiencing" mode.

- Joel

I totally agree, relax and see how all your planning makes the trip go smoothly but also enjoy the unforeseen events as they come to pass.:D

I would like to say that i have planned for unforeseen circumstances :D But I haven't! In reality, this trip gets me excited. It's something I'm really looking forward to so as long as we return in one piece we wold have had an adventure!

A friend works for the USPS and delivers mail. He told me that it is amazing what he knows about people from the mail they get. He knows where they bank, work, their hobbies or likes from the magazines they get, and etc. He said the ones he really gets a kick out of are the plain brown envelop or package. Everyone knows where they are comming from, they don't fool anyone.

LOL. Darn it. Maybe it wilb the novel i read in my aft balcony..in privacy ;)

As a side note, the cruisers on the Cruise Air forum are REALLY helpful!

Archived