• 3 weeks later...

Site: Hotwire

Dates: 19 Dec 2015 (2 nights)

Star rating: **** Four Star

Hotel: Westin Beach Resort

Bid Amount: $84

Taxes/Fees: $16.75

Total Amount: $100.75

Stayed at this hotel several times (used to be a Sheraton at one time). Nice location on the A1A with an overpass to the beach.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

February 14-15, 2016

2 rooms - bid for 4 starts only, $90, $95 and finally $100 (three consecutive days) Ft Lauderdale Beach,

Won Westin Beach Resort, add $17 per room tax and $26 resort fee. Total $144. Room rates for this night are currently $445. BOOM- Confetti!!!!!

February 14-15, 2016

2 rooms - bid for 4 starts only, $90, $95 and finally $100 (three consecutive days) Ft Lauderdale Beach,

Won Westin Beach Resort, add $17 per room tax and $26 resort fee. Total $144. Room rates for this night are currently $445. BOOM- Confetti!!!!!

That's a great win!

We usually get a great deal with bidding....but not for our April cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed a room for one night in FLL on 1/21/16. No luck with Priceline. My last rejection was for $135 for 2 1/2 stars in downtown area. Saw the Victoria Park Hotel on hotels.com for $139 so I took it. Rated #6 of 135 on Trip Advisor.

Today I see the hotel for $125.10 on booking.com. Story of my life.

I am researching a room in Miami on hotwire and came across this and am wondering if this is the miami hilton hotel downtown?

3 1/2 stars $206 per night

pet friendly,fitness center,pool,restaurant,business center,internet,tennis nearby

My dates are 2/5/16 & 2/6/16

does anyone know if this is the hotel?

I just scored a Intercontinental Miami room on Hotwire for a total of $105 after Resort Fee for June 2015. If you use their mobile app to book use promo code Get25 works to save $25.

Hotwire info: Downtown Miami area hotel 95% recommended

What convinced me it was the Intercontinental before booking was the $10 Resort Fee.

Amenities

• Business center
  • Fitness center
  • Internet access
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Spa services

Accessibility

• Accessible for visually impaired
  • Accessible for hearing impaired
  • Accessible path of travel

Hope that helps someone get a room.

I am researching a room in Miami on hotwire and came across this and am wondering if this is the miami hilton hotel downtown?

pet friendly,fitness center,pool,restaurant,business center,internet,tennis nearby

According to betterbidding.com, that should be the hotel. Also, if you're looking to upgrade in the same area, on lmtclub.com, the JW Marriott downtown, which is a 5 star location is 228.04 for the 2 nights you need.

According to betterbidding.com, that should be the hotel. Also, if you're looking to upgrade in the same area, on lmtclub.com, the JW Marriott downtown, which is a 5 star location is 228.04 for the 2 nights you need.

Thank you for your reply. I will check it out. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the address for the hotel I saw that there were a few jw marriotts?

Trying for the last few days with bid my own price on Priceline and finally won.

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Date: Sept 19, 2015

#of nights: 2 nights

Offer price: 69.00 nt

Room subtotal: 138.00

Taxes & Fees: 25.08

Total charged: 163.08

So happy to win this hotel. Hoping we will have a room in the tower section.

When you check in ask them if your room is in the tower; if not, you can pay an up charge $15 -- $25 and they will move you to the tower. I like the Hyatt Pier sixty six, but only if I get a tower room and it is certainly worth the up charge!:) The non-tower rooms have issues (check TripAdvisor). By the way, this hotel is listed as a Beach Hotel, but is a mile or so from the actual beach.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I just scored a Intercontinental Miami room on Hotwire for a total of $105 after Resort Fee for June 2015. If you use their mobile app to book use promo code Get25 works to save $25.

Hotwire info: Downtown Miami area hotel 95% recommended

What convinced me it was the Intercontinental before booking was the $10 Resort Fee.

Amenities

• Business center
  • Fitness center
  • Internet access
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Spa services

Accessibility

• Accessible for visually impaired
  • Accessible for hearing impaired
  • Accessible path of travel

Hope that helps someone get a room.

Which site did you use? I need a room for 6 with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper.

OOps just saw hotwire

Edited by Suzyrn89
Typo

Just wondering how you did with this, looking for something in MIA with free airport shuttle, free breakfast, and close to the port.

What's the exact date that you need?

2 different dates

July 17-18 for 6, have the Hyatt Miama booked for 1 room with free shuttle and free breakfast for $147 total, need free food since all those kids get pricey.

Sept 18-19 for 3 adults.

Thanks much.

2 different dates

July 17-18 for 6, have the Hyatt Miama booked for 1 room with free shuttle and free breakfast for $147 total, need free food since all those kids get pricey.

Sept 18-19 for 3 adults.

Thanks much.

Sign up at Lmtclub. Com. Their free promo code for membership is MSJTRAVELCLUB12 Examples of hotels available for 9/18 & 9/19 are Cambria Suites Blue Lagoon for 79.95, EB Hotel Miami for 112.60, Hyatt Place Miami airport East for 91.21, Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon for 100.14. I would cross reference for your earlier date with the kids and if your current reservation can be cancelled, you may find something comparable that would be cheaper. You can search geographically or with parameters such as free breakfast or shuttle. Good luck.

2 different dates

Sept 18-19 for 3 adults.

Thanks much.

Hotwire has the Intercontinental for Sept. 18-19 for $111 a night plus $10 Resort Fee.

Edited by TheOhioCruiser

Looking to stay ideally at Hyatt place or Embassy Suites on 17th street so that we can walk to meals in the evening and be close enough to the port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Through valuetrips.com, you can stay at the Hyatt Place for 195 + tax. That rate is from 1/1-4/30 2016. The Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina is also available for 194.99 plus tax through LMTCLUB.com. Post #394 has the free promo code listed.Since you're coming in 2 days ahead of time, the Hilton would be nice because it is right at a water taxi stop, which is a great way to kill a day and see the area. Edited by SNJCruisers

Through valuetrips.com, you can stay at the Hyatt Place for 195 + tax. That rate is from 1/1-4/30 2016. The Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina is also available for 194.99 plus tax through LMTCLUB.com. Post #394 has the free promo code listed.Since you're coming in 2 days ahead of time, the Hilton would be nice because it is right at a water taxi stop, which is a great way to kill a day and see the area.

Thanks so much, the Hilton looks real nice! Is restaurants walkable for an evening meal or would a taxi be required?

Thanks