Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Here's the link to tripadvisor reviews of the resort. Check them out. You may see tips regarding upgrade and nearby food choices.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d80483-Reviews-Pelican_Grand_Beach_Resort_A_Noble_House_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Thanks,

I did that about 10 seconds after I found out what hotel I got. :D I hit Trip Advisor, Bidding for Travel, Better Bidding. etc. about every day when I'm in the planning stage. Was hoping that someone had been there recently. Found a post from 2014 that said you had to walk about a mile to catch the Sun Trolley but when I look at the Sun Trolley map, it appears that the Gault route goes right by the hotel. Hoping they have added a new route.

Thanks again,

Dave

Just got Hotwire ~ Villa Europa Hotel in Hollywood Fl. for $131 taxes and fees incl. for our post cruise night in Feb. Hotel gets a high rating on TripAdvisor (4.5/5) .

Could you be specific with date please?
If you look at Hockeyluver's signature, you will notice that he is going on the Carnival Splendor on Feb 7 for 7 nights, which puts his post cruise stay at the Villa Europa as February 14, 2016.;)

If you look at Hockeyluver's signature, you will notice that he is going on the Carnival Splendor on Feb 7 for 7 nights, which puts his post cruise stay at the Villa Europa as February 14, 2016.;)

Knowing it's a Sunday night is helpful. Thanks for that info. ;)

Lots of us regulars have removed the signatures on cc. We don't see that info. Just too much "stuff" to weed thru. Dates are necessary in this sticky in particular.

Edited by eandj

Knowing it's a Sunday night is helpful. Thanks for that info. ;)

Lots of us regulars have removed the signatures on cc. We don't see that info. Just too much "stuff" to weed thru. Dates are necessary in this sticky in particular.

I like to take a shotgun approach and see the big picture and absorb as much information as possible about a poster in case a debate comes up about a particular topic. When you eliminate a signature, it takes away possible ammunition to be used against someone if they are tossing BS about something in particular. Like when someone blasts a cruise line that they have never cruised on. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Not everyone knows to read a signature. Especially newbies.

The difference in dates is massive. The same $75 a night hotel in August is $350 in February.

I like to take a shotgun approach and see the big picture and absorb as much information as possible about a poster in case a debate comes up about a particular topic. When you eliminate a signature, it takes away possible ammunition to be used against someone if they are tossing BS about something in particular. Like when someone blasts a cruise line that they have never cruised on. ;)

You would have trouble with me because I don't know if I ever put a signature on my account. If someone ever read all my past posts they would know quite a bit about me but I don't announce all of my past cruises at the end of every post. It makes the posts too lengthy. I may have had a picture type signature at one time but I'm not sure if it's still there. I'll have to check my account.

Oops! I just checked and I do have a signature its a picture! When you're on the mobile site you can't see the signatures. But I love that picture because it reminds me of a trip I really enjoyed so I'm going to leave it there!😸

Edited by Jana60

1999 Carnival Imagination- Mexico- 4 day

2001 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas- Bahamas- 4 day

2003 NCL SS Norway- Eastern Caribbean- 7 day

2004 Dawn Princess - Eastern Caribbean- 7 day

2005 Norwegian Sea- Western Caribbean- 7 day

2006 Norwegian dream- Western Caribbean- 7 day

2007 Carnival Paradise- Mexican Riviera- 4 day

2008 Carnival Victory- Western Caribbean- 7 day

2008 Carnival Triumph- Western Caribbean- 7 days

2009 Carnival Triumph- Western Caribbean- 7 days

2009 RCCL Navigator of the Sea- Mediterranean-7 day

2010 Norwegian Star- Mexican Riviera- 7 day

2010 Carnival Glory- Western Caribbean- 7 day

2011 Carnival Triumph- Western Caribbean- 5 day

2011 Carnival Conquest- Western Caribbean- 7 dates

2012 Monarch of the - Bahamas - 4 day

2012 Carnival Triumph- Western Caribbean- 5 day

2012 Island Princess- Alaska- 7 days

2012 Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean - 7 day

2012 Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean - 7 day

2013 Carnival Magic - Western Caribbean - 7 days

2013 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

2013 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

2014 Carnival sunshine- Western Caribbean- 7 day

2014 Carnival Conquest-Western Caribbean- 7day

2014 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

2014 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

2015 Carnival Splendor - Eastern Caribbean- 7 day

2015 Carnival freedom - Western Caribbean - 7day

Future:

2016 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

2016 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 4 day

2016 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean - 5 day

I think I had one additional cruise on Norwegian but I can't remember and they don't have it on my list. But suffice it to say you can see you why I don't add this as a signature! It would make for very long posts!

Edited by Jana60

Sorry for all the fuss I created earlier....

Due to the fact I couldnt find decent transportation for our late flight to FLL on Friday Feb 5th I changed our hotel from a downtown miami to a Hollywood one. We are only there to sleep so I looked for cheap and with an airport shuttle.

I got :

Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

Feb 5-6 2016

$118 total plus from what i have read a $10 room charge at the hotel.

2 1/2 star rating, so I'm not expecting much.

Due to the fact I couldnt find decent transportation for our late flight to FLL on Friday Feb 5th I changed our hotel from a downtown miami to a Hollywood one. We are only there to sleep so I looked for cheap and with an airport shuttle.

I got :

Feb 5-6 2016

Really bad reviews on Tripadvisor....36% terrible and when combined with poor...52.5%. Also, not really sure if there is an included free airport shuttle.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d111567-Reviews-Hollywood_Beach_Resort_Cruise_Port_Hotel-Hollywood_Florida.html

Really bad reviews on Tripadvisor....36% terrible and when combined with poor...52.5%. Also, not really sure if there is an included free airport shuttle.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d111567-Reviews-Hollywood_Beach_Resort_Cruise_Port_Hotel-Hollywood_Florida.html

guess thats what happens when you go with one of the "blind" sites, I did check the airport shuttle so we should be good there.

I read through a lot of the reviews on Tripadvisor, there were some bad ones, but also some good ones. We are only there for the night.

I figure it cant be any worse than the hotel we stayed at in Old San Juan.......... even my hubby slept with his clothes on :eek:

I got :

Feb 5-6 2016

Add to that ,Cab fare to the port in the morning will run around $30. And I would double check the shuttle from the airport.

Add to that ,Cab fare to the port in the morning will run around $30. And I would double check the shuttle from the airport.

We plan on giving Uber a try the next morning, we arent going to the port but to another hotel in Miami for one more night precruise. I emailed the hotel to double check on the shuttle from the airport and they did confirm they have a shuttle that runs until 10:30 pm

Augh... everything is so expensive for one night 1/9/16 before our Allure cruise. Nothing under $250 that looks acceptable. Is it just high season prices plus the night before many cruise start?? About to book at 3 start near Port Everglades that I THINK is the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Ctr. $275 with tax. Anyone else got more ideas?

Augh... everything is so expensive for one night 1/9/16 before our Allure cruise. Nothing under $250 that looks acceptable. Is it just high season prices plus the night before many cruise start?? About to book at 3 start near Port Everglades that I THINK is the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Ctr. $275 with tax. Anyone else got more ideas?

Try http://www.valuetrip.com. It is the Hyatt Place 17th St. You submit your information and they email confirmation number a few days later.

Try here?

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/florida/fort-lauderdale/ramada-fort-lauderdale-oakland-park/hotel-overview

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g34227-d224798-Reviews-Ramada_Fort_Lauderdale_Oakland_Park-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Hilton is having a sale that goes until midnight I believe. Just booked the Embassy Suites on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale for $153 for Jan 14-16th. I thought it was a great price as it is the start of MLK holiday weekend.

Edited by mdwstcruiser