Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Hi, I just saw a website mentioned on this thread called value trips. I saw ONE person who had booked. Has anyone else used them and what was your experience? Or is it a case of if it is too good to be true, it cannot be true?

Thanks for your help,

I have used Value Trip many times. You reserve a room online with a credit card to hold the reservation. You pay at the hotel. The price on their site, does not include taxes (in 2015, tax was 5% and 6% =11%). They will email you a confirmation number a few days later. If you have to cancel, you contact Hyatt Place direct. Always check your spam encase confirmation is send there. You can always contact Hyatt Place to confirm your reservation.

The room has 2 double beds or king, pull out sofa, mini refrig, table and 2 chairs, tv.

They have airport to hotel (call hotel for pickup), hotel- airport shuttle (set times), they say they charge $2.00 and a fee for hotel to port (sign up early). If 2 or more can be cheaper to take a taxi (under $20). A fee for parking.

There is a free continental breakfast, Starbucks, pool.

Close to stores - grocery, liquor store, restaurant, Sun Trolley, drugstore.

Edited by phabric

Got three and half star Riverside (4-2 to 4-3) yesterday with Hotwire for $146 with $20 off with their hot rate special to knock it down to $126 - $158 with taxes. Room for that date through their website is $269.

Just used PL Express Deals and got the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina for $124/night between 4/28-4/30!!! They other hotel that they are bidding it that area is highly likely to be the Riverside hotel(3.5 star) for $111...I was torn but decided to go for this one. We shall see!!

Priceline 4star bid for $197 for 3/11-12 got Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Thoughts? Friends are staying at embassy suites and Renaissance but they had points to use. We will be nearby to meet for dinner, right?

booked today for an April Sunday stay: hot rate of 103$ (before fees) for 4* - advertised with pool, airport shuttle, restaurant, free wifi, pet-friendly, business center, self-laundry, 8/10 for reviews = Pullman Miami Airport (I believe also or formerly known as Sofitel?)

128 with fees, has good reviews on multiple sites. Though I'm not familiar with it I am happy to stay for one night post cruise next month.

I did an Express bid on Priceline for a 3.5 star hotel for 2 nights starting 20 Jan 2017 and ended up with the Riverside @ CDN$229/night (US$171).

Not exactly what I was hoping for but I'll take it since direct bookings for hotels in the area were coming in at way more money.

Edited by Croptop

Priceline 4star bid for $197 for 3/11-12 got Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Thoughts? Friends are staying at embassy suites and Renaissance but they had points to use. We will be nearby to meet for dinner, right?

You are a few blocks away from Renaissance, and about 5 blocks from E.S. Plenty of places to eat at between the 2.

Just got the Riverside Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Hotwire for 4/17, Sunday, for $109 per night [emoji74] total with taxes is $133.

On Priceline Express Deals it is currently $140 plus taxes, for a grand total of $165 per night.

If anyone is interested in a beachfront hotel, I am almost positive that the Sonesta is the 4 star for $139 plus taxes on Priceline Express Deals.

We almost went for that one instead, due to its proximity to the Galleria Mall (approx half a mile)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just landed the Riverside Hotel for one night for $109 plus taxes on Hotwire for 4/17. Total $133

3.5 star 90% approval per Hotwire

Booking directly is $229

Currently it is $140 plus taxes on Priceline Express Deals

Edited by 4cats4me

• 2 months later...

Received the Crowne Plaza from Priceline Express Deals for $139 plus tax for 3/12/17, Sunday. Total price $165

Hotel current rate is $180 pretax

I took a chance and was hoping to get the Riverside again. Both hotels are 3.5 stars in downtown Las Olas region on PL site. Both hotels show same amenity icons. Both hotels let you choose your bed type. However, riverside is only hotel of the two that gives you the option of choosing a superior city view room

Crowne plaza simply lets you choose bed type

Edited by 4cats4me

Hi I managed to get the Westin Coral Gabels Feb. 24/17 for $106 CDN a night. Total price per night after fees and taxes is 139.45. :) This was thru Hotwire.

Edited by catgrab

Received the Crowne Plaza from Priceline Express Deals for $139 plus tax for 3/12/17, Sunday. Total price $165

Hotel current rate is $180 pretax

I took a chance and was hoping to get the Riverside again. Both hotels are 3.5 stars in downtown Las Olas region on PL site. Both hotels show same amenity icons. Both hotels let you choose your bed type. However, riverside is only hotel of the two that gives you the option of choosing a superior city view room

Crowne plaza simply lets you choose bed type

Is Crowne the "Fort Lauderdale Downtown - Cruise Port - Convention Center Area" selection on Priceline?

I just got the Cambria Hotel & Suites near Fort Lauderdale Airport on a Priceline bid of $85 (plus taxes and fees $101). It's for a pre cruise stay of 9/23/16.

Booking directly with the hotel would have been $112.28 total, so not a huge savings but better than nothing.

They offer a free shuttle from the airport, a shuttle to the cruise port for $10, and they get really good reviews on tripadvisor and Priceline. So overall I think it's a pretty good deal.

I just got the Cambria Hotel & Suites near Fort Lauderdale Airport on a Priceline bid of $85 (plus taxes and fees $101). It's for a pre cruise stay of 9/23/16.

Booking directly with the hotel would have been $112.28 total, so not a huge savings but better than nothing.

They offer a free shuttle from the airport, a shuttle to the cruise port for $10, and they get really good reviews on tripadvisor and Priceline. So overall I think it's a pretty good deal.

Before going on the bidding sites, I always use Lmtclub.com and see what they have. For your night, the Cambria Suites is available for 81.69, 93.92 after taxes and fees.

Just got Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale on Priceline for $147 total for Nov 19. I bid $125. Regular price is $187. Was hoping to get Riverside or RennaIsance/Embassy. I chose 3.5 star hotel. Looking at the map there isn't much to walk to with this hotel so a bit disappointed but what can you do? Anyone stayed there before?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Got the same hotel for the following night on Hotwire for $86. LMTclub is $80.

From the Hotwire description, I thought it was going to be a different hotel. Oh well, not much of a price difference.

FYI, for anyone looking, Hotwire's description is: 3-star, Fort Lauderdale Intl Airport (FLL) South area all-suites hotel. 90% recommended

Just saved 42% through Priceline Express deals for 7/30/16.....Got the La Quinta Inn FLL Hollywood for 60.00 + tax or 72.86 total. Was 116.55 on their website. Listed as 2.5 stars, airport area, 7.0/10.0 rated. Pets, parking, shuttle, internet, breakfast, pool, fitness, no smoke rooms.

Easy to figure out which hotel because of all the different amenities. Did a general FLL airport area search and after checking the box next to all the different amenities, there were only 3 hotels left to choose from and only 1 of them was 2.5 stars.

March 10-12

Priceline Express Deal: 3 1/2 Star (Downtown Miami)

Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown

$411 (total after taxes for 2 nights)

Currently showing $562.74 without Express Deal

Prices sure are higher during spring break which is when I presume you were staying. We just booked the Holiday Inn Port of miami-downtown for our pre-cruise stay July 8th for $141 plus $18 tax and fees for a total of $159. And no bidding was required. I just went to Holiday Inn.com .

Edited by Jana60

Prices sure are higher during spring break which is when I presume you were staying. We just booked the Holiday Inn Port of miami-downtown for our pre-cruise stay July 8th for $141 plus $18 tax and fees for a total of $159. And no bidding was required. I just went to Holiday Inn.com .

You are visiting in the slowest period. I'd guess you could do better than this .;)