Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got the same hotel for the following night on Hotwire for $86. LMTclub is $80.

From the Hotwire description, I thought it was going to be a different hotel. Oh well, not much of a price difference.

FYI, for anyone looking, Hotwire's description is: 3-star, Fort Lauderdale Intl Airport (FLL) South area all-suites hotel. 90% recommended

Just curious..what is LMTclub? Im new to the bidding sights. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody bid for January? Looking for January 13.

I have Hyatt Place and Best Western reserved for $243 and $230.

Not sure which Hyatt Place you're interested in but you can get the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center for $219 @ Value trips.com

Not sure which Hyatt Place you're interested in but you can get the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center for $219 @ Value trips.com

I have Hyatt Place 17th St through Valuetrips reserved at $219+11% tax=$243.09.

I am hoping to get a cheaper hotel for the one night through Priceline but I don't know what people are bidding for January since I think the Monday January 16 is a holiday in the States. With Canadian exchange rate at $1.34 hotels get expensive.

Lmtclub.com is a great site. You can Google the free password for a free membership. Rates for Jan 13 will run the gamut, but you can get a place like the holiday inn express airport west location for 160 plus tax

Thank you.

I booked. I called and got a better price than their site. He did not ask for membership number, can cancel up to 4 days free.

Dates for bidding: Feb 17, 2017

Tried bidding up to $115, turned down. Decided to try their Express Deal for

2.5 FLL South $125

Got Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruiseport South, Holllywood, FL

Reviews on Tripadvisor for this hotel aren't so hot. Oh well.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Anyone bid/booked Riverside Hotel?

Sorry for mid Nov. 11/12 to be specific.

Use the Express Deal if you want this hotel. If you bid on 3 1/2 * in downtown you could end up with the Crowne. The Riverside is the one with the Pet symbol. Without is the Crowne.

Just booked a 3 star in the Ft Lauderdale International Airport area.

Rodeway Inn Airport/Cruise port

January 14-15

$124 + Tax for $165

This motel had some good reviews, we don't get in until after 9, so just looking for somewhere to lay our heads for the night. It has a shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port. Anyone know if there is any stores close to this motel for our last minute supplies?

January 14-15

$124 + Tax for $165

This motel had some good reviews, we don't get in until after 9, so just looking for somewhere to lay our heads for the night. It has a shuttle from the airport and also to the cruise port. Anyone know if there is any stores close to this motel for our last minute supplies?

Not a bad place if all you need is a reliable motel to crash before the cruise. Stayed here in January of 2015. This place caters to the cruise people and many people will be there to take their shuttle. I would recommend that you get a free first time code from Uber or Lyft and get to the port on your own that way. The motel itself is straight from the 70's with a two story rectangular design around a pool. NO elevator and rooms are assigned first come, first serve, so you'll be stuck on second floor with your late arrival. Deluxe continental breakfast included with I think make your own waffles.

January 14-15

$124 + Tax for $165

Just my 2 cents, but it appears that PL has lowered it's standards for it's star categories. To me a Rodeway Inn is not 3 star. Also, in the past, when I would bid on 2.5/3 star category I would mostly get the Hyatt Place. This time I got a Quality Inn which to me, is more in the range of 2 star.

So be careful when bidding how low you go with your star category. You could end up not happy.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I bid 150 on a 4 star and got Sonesta, looks nice! Anyone familiar?

Yes, have stayed there several times and love it! It's a little off the beaten path in that it is on the northern end of the beach, but we still love it! The rooms are beautiful, beds super comfy, view is to die for and it is impeccably clean. It's right across from the beach, maybe about a mile walk to a water taxi stop, there are a variety of restaurants, shops and bars in the area...and really not a bad walk to get to the "main drag" on Fort Lauderdale beach, maybe a mile and a half to two miles. Plenty of great dining along the way! I'd be thrilled to get it for $150!!!! Oh, and do yourself a favor and have either breakfast or lunch at Primanti brothers right next door, delish!!!!

Just my 2 cents, but it appears that PL has lowered it's standards for it's star categories. To me a Rodeway Inn is not 3 star. Also, in the past, when I would bid on 2.5/3 star category I would mostly get the Hyatt Place. This time I got a Quality Inn which to me, is more in the range of 2 star.

So be careful when bidding how low you go with your star category. You could end up not happy.

Agree, you have to be careful. I use Priceline a lot and they have added a bunch of the small motels in Fort Lauderdale.

But, I am confused about the above post listing the Rodeway FLL as a 3 star, since Priceline still shows it as a 2 Star. Maybe it's Hotwire? I don't have any experience with them.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a thought, You might also check the Hilton MVP sight. I have the Hilton Marina Dec 20, and 21 for $79 + tax and Double Tree Bahiai Mar for $95 + tax Dec 22. Fully cancelable until 24h prior. I could have booked all three nights at Hilton Marina but we choose to move and save enough money for a nights dinner instead. They also offer a shuttle from one hotel to the other so we won't even have to pay cab fare to do it.

Agree, you have to be careful. I use Priceline a lot and they have added a bunch of the small motels in Fort Lauderdale.

But, I am confused about the above post listing the Rodeway FLL as a 3 star, since Priceline still shows it as a 2 Star. Maybe it's Hotwire? I don't have any experience with them.

Paul

I made my comment based upon a previous poster who said they bid on 3 star and got the Rodeway Inn, maybe my location was wrong, but I thought they said FLL. Not matter the exact location, Hollywood or Dania Beach, etc, I still don't consider a Rodeway Inn 3 star hotel but that's my opinion which counts for nothing in most areas of the world. :D:D

I made my comment based upon a previous poster who said they bid on 3 star and got the Rodeway Inn, maybe my location was wrong, but I thought they said FLL. Not matter the exact location, Hollywood or Dania Beach, etc, I still don't consider a Rodeway Inn 3 star hotel but that's my opinion which counts for nothing in most areas of the world. :D:D

I know, I was referring to that previous post, as well. I agree with you. The Holiday Inn Express on 17th is only a 2.5 star on PL. PL lists that airport Rodeway as 2 Star.

My opinion counts even less.....especially at home!

Paul

My post is for the Rodeway Inn in the FLL area. It was from Hotwire and was listed as a 3 star. I did know this was probably the motel I would get, but as I said, I was looking for something cheap as we won't be arriving in Ft Lauderdale until after 9. I would agree, that it probably should be a 2 star. I will also take the suggestion to get our own transportation with either uber or a taxi, rather than waiting on the shuttle.