Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

I've been watching the prices on Hotwire Secret Hotels (I think it is called) and got (on 12/2) the Crowne Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale on Mar.6 -8 for $148 a night. The advantage on Hotwire is they show the recommended by guests percentage.

I've tried Priceline bidding on Feb.27 for 1 night - nothing accepted for $130 - $145 in categorie 3 and above. Will keep trying!

Hotwire Secret Hotel

shows

Miami Intl Airport MIA area all-suites hotel

0.5 - 3.2 mi | Map

100% recommended Top rated!

Free Internet, Free breakfast, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Business center, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s)

Hyatt Place Miami Airport East $85.00 per night plus tax for Feb, 2016 I booked in November when I looked today secret deal show 134. still a great deal if you try to book on line shows 209. per night for my dates.

Hotwire Secret Hotel

shows

Miami Intl Airport MIA area all-suites hotel

0.5 - 3.2 mi | Map

100% recommended Top rated!

Free Internet, Free breakfast, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Business center, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s)

Hyatt Place Miami Airport East $85.00 per night plus tax for Feb, 2016 I booked in November when I looked today secret deal show 134. still a great deal if you try to book on line shows 209. per night for my dates.

You can get Hyatt Place Miami Airport east on LMTclub.com for $122/night....got this for feb and march 2016!

• 3 weeks later...
Augh... everything is so expensive for one night 1/9/16 before our Allure cruise. Nothing under $250 that looks acceptable. Is it just high season prices plus the night before many cruise start?? About to book at 3 start near Port Everglades that I THINK is the Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Ctr. $275 with tax. Anyone else got more ideas?

Waiting paid off. I booked a refundable room at COMFORT SUITES FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT SOUTH & CRUISE PORT at 191 South West 19th Court in Dania Beach for $256.46 inclusive of tax.

Today, checked Hotwire again and got Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port at 1800 S. Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale for $201.93 inclusive of tax.

Happy bargain hunting everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked through Priceline bidding. Notice a express deal for Miami Airport for $87 and the description sounded like a Hyatt Place, which is over $290/night for my dates in November 2016. Started bidding and received this hotel at $78. My 2 day post cruise stay is now covered.

Booked through Priceline bidding. Notice a express deal for Miami Airport for $87 and the description sounded like a Hyatt Place, which is over $290/night for my dates in November 2016. Started bidding and received this hotel at $78. My 2 day post cruise stay is now covered.

Great price - I know that hotel is new and quite pricey - I booked it on lmtclub.com for $122 (march 2016) - but your deal is even better! :)

• 2 weeks later...
We got pier 66 February 15 2016 for 170 on Hotwire thought we could do better. But prices are high all over fll that week

What kind of room is this for? We are in a tower king for more than that, I wonder if I should cancel and rebook thru Hotwire?

What kind of room is this for? We are in a tower king for more than that, I wonder if I should cancel and rebook thru Hotwire?

Be aware hotels will only sell a few rooms for certain low(er) rates before you cancel.

I've found:

Hyatt Regency Pier 66

Feb 15, 2016 to Feb 16, 2016

2 Adults

Cheapest rooms (the Standard 2 bed and Deluxe 2 bed are both $196 total incl tax and fees but don't get the discount):

Marina View 2 Beds $216.00

Taxes and Fees $24.00

Sub-Total USD $240.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $205

Suite - 1 Bed $224.00

Taxes and Fees $25.00

Sub-Total USD $249.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $214

Cheapest tower room;

Tower 2 Beds $238.00

Taxes and Fees $27.00

Sub-Total USD $265.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $230

Other tower rooms:

Tower High 2 Beds $250.00

Taxes and Fees $28.00

Sub-Total USD $278.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $243

Tower Junior Suite 2 Beds $261.00

Taxes and Fees $28.00

Sub-Total USD $289.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $254

I've ran a comparison of the same rooms and didn't found any of them cheaper on any regular booking discounters like HotelsClick.com, Hoteltravel, Skoosh, Hotelopia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Easytobook, Hotelclub and Venere.

You might try http://www.biddingtraveler.com/ and or http://www.betterbidding.com/ for the bidding sites.

Be aware hotels will only sell a few rooms for certain low(er) rates before you cancel.

I've found:

Hyatt Regency Pier 66

Feb 15, 2016 to Feb 16, 2016

2 Adults

Cheapest rooms (the Standard 2 bed and Deluxe 2 bed are both $196 total incl tax and fees but don't get the discount):

Marina View 2 Beds $216.00

Taxes and Fees $24.00

Sub-Total USD $240.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $205

Suite - 1 Bed $224.00

Taxes and Fees $25.00

Sub-Total USD $249.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $214

Cheapest tower room;

Tower 2 Beds $238.00

Taxes and Fees $27.00

Sub-Total USD $265.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $230

Other tower rooms:

Tower High 2 Beds $250.00

Taxes and Fees $28.00

Sub-Total USD $278.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $243

Tower Junior Suite 2 Beds $261.00

Taxes and Fees $28.00

Sub-Total USD $289.00

minus $35 discount makes a total $254

I've ran a comparison of the same rooms and didn't found any of them cheaper on any regular booking discounters like HotelsClick.com, Hoteltravel, Skoosh, Hotelopia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Easytobook, Hotelclub and Venere.

You might try http://www.biddingtraveler.com/ and or http://www.betterbidding.com/ for the bidding sites.

We are paying $205 per night + tax for a "King Bed Tower Deluxe Room" Feb 14 and 15. So I guess that's OK for a tower room. THANKS!

Edited by JuliaMS

Anybody know what Ft. Lauderdale hotel this is, on Hotwire?

https://www.hotwire.com/hotels/#!/hotel/details/OTE2NjU4NzIyMTo0NjE1MDQzMzUwNzM-

It sounds like where I stayed recently on Federal. See #531. They broke ties with Comfort Suites and won't be a Four Point until later in the year. So now they are independent something like Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel.

And they are hard to find online right now. 2 weeks ago they had an independent website but that domain is not good anymore. The phone number is still good. It's here.

http://www.sunny.org/listings/comfort-suites-airport-%26-cruise-port/32/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84432-Reviews-Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port_Inn-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html#travelerReviews

Edited by chinita415

Hey chinita-thanks to the info you posted above (and also on TA!), I found & booked the Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel (or whatever it's called!) on Hotwire ($200 all-in!). Thanks for the info. Not sure what the place is like, but it gets a 95% "thumbs-up" on hotwire!

Hey chinita-thanks to the info you posted above (and also on TA!), I found & booked the Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel (or whatever it's called!) on Hotwire ($200 all-in!). Thanks for the info. Not sure what the place is like, but it gets a 95% "thumbs-up" on hotwire!

Oh I am so glad it worked out for you and all my ramblings are read. It was a good solid hotel. CVS right next door and a few places to eat walking distance. Call them on arrival to get the shuttle. Their new name and the Holiday Inn Express is on the shuttle. $6 pp transfer to Port Everglades the next morning. Standard motel breakfast. Let me know if you have more questions.

Oh I am so glad it worked out for you and all my ramblings are read. It was a good solid hotel. CVS right next door and a few places to eat walking distance. Call them on arrival to get the shuttle. Their new name and the Holiday Inn Express is on the shuttle. $6 pp transfer to Port Everglades the next morning. Standard motel breakfast. Let me know if you have more questions.

When were you there? Do you know if they have more than 1 shuttle time to the Port in the morning?

If so, what time(s) do they leave, & which time would you suggest? Tks.

Edited by jargey3000

When were you there? Do you know if they have more than 1 shuttle time to the Port in the morning?

If so, what time(s) do they leave, & which time would you suggest? Tks.

I was there Jan 10th. 1st shuttle at 10:30a and one every half hour or 45min until ?1p. I took the 11:15am and it was perfect. I was on the ship within 30 mins of drop off.

It sounds like where I stayed recently on Federal. See #531. They broke ties with Comfort Suites and won't be a Four Point until later in the year. So now they are independent something like Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport Hotel.

In Expedia it's under "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel"

I assume all existing bookings stays the same (cause we are booked for April). Hopefully all remains good during transition.

Just got the Riverside Hotel for our March 20th cruise On the Downtown/ cruise port area FLL area . Bid 4 star at $150 then 3.5 165 then 3 star at 175 and got the 3.5 star hotel very happy as its booking at almost $300 a night. Hotels are crazy high that week.

Just got Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port for $121.24 incl taxes and fees (Express Deals). Great deal with 24 Airport Shuttle. Port Shuttle is $10 pp, but I'll take that any day. For Sunday Feb 7 Happy considering how expensive everything is.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just saw a website mentioned on this thread called value trips. I saw ONE person who had booked. Has anyone else used them and what was your experience? Or is it a case of if it is too good to be true, it cannot be true?

Thanks for your help,