Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Can you only use LMT secret hotels in Miami, or Ft. Lauderdale, too?
All over the country....we have a reservation lined up prior to our November Equinox cruise out of FLL staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Dania beach for 91.95 including tax. Airport shuttle is included and we'll take Uber for free to the port using their promo code. Had wanted to use Lyft, but it seems like they are no longer in Fort Lauderdale, just Miami and West Palm Beach. Edited by SNJCruisers

Lastminutetravel.com does not have " secret hotels" like you might find on expedia, Travelocity etc. It is a blind site, meaning you are not shown the name of the hotel, but get other details. (However, with the right mobile device the names do show.)

If you join LMTCLUB you will get the names and a few dollars more off the rate.

Can you only use LMT secret hotels in Miami, or Ft. Lauderdale, too?

Lastminutetravel.Com and LMTCLUB.Com offer hotels around the world at below rack rate. Too the sites allow for cancellation up to 4 days pre stay. A very favorable policy compared to other discount sites.

I am a total neophite when it come to this bidding on a room. How do I go about it? And when do I do it? My Cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale on Jan 25 2016. We will be flying in on Jan. 24 and should be at a hotel by 9 PM. and we will need shuttles from Airport to hotel and hotel to Cruise ship. Helppppppppppp, I don't even know if I am doing this right!

:confused:

I am a total neophite when it come to this bidding on a room. How do I go about it? And when do I do it? My Cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale on Jan 25 2016. We will be flying in on Jan. 24 and should be at a hotel by 9 PM. and we will need shuttles from Airport to hotel and hotel to Cruise ship. Helppppppppppp, I don't even know if I am doing this right!

Well.....depends on what site you wanna use. Hotwire, Priceline LMT Club....etc. just google "cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale" and endless possibilities will come up!

I've booked 2 cruises. One in Nov and another in March.

Being from Canada I'm having a hard time trying to find a decent priced hotel for 3 night prior!! I'm checking on a daily basis but nothing under $200 for a 3* property for the cruise in March.

Just got burnt with getting the Sixty Sixty hotel (dump) in Miami for the Nov cruise but not going there. Even with trying to tell them that it was closed due to filthy and structure issues!!!!just read the reviews!!! Hotwire won't cancel, apparently they told me it was undergoing major renos and will be like a new hotel....yea right! There haven't even been any "new" reviews since reopening. Guess I'm out my money as I've made other arrangements with another hotel.

You really have to do your homework when searching for hotels. Especially not knowing the hotel you are going to get until they have your credit card!!

Good luck!

Well.....depends on what site you wanna use. Hotwire, Priceline LMT Club....etc. just google "cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale" and endless possibilities will come up!

I've booked 2 cruises. One in Nov and another in March.

Being from Canada I'm having a hard time trying to find a decent priced hotel for 3 night prior!! I'm checking on a daily basis but nothing under $200 for a 3* property for the cruise in March.

Just got burnt with getting the Sixty Sixty hotel (dump) in Miami for the Nov cruise but not going there. Even with trying to tell them that it was closed due to filthy and structure issues!!!!just read the reviews!!! Hotwire won't cancel, apparently they told me it was undergoing major renos and will be like a new hotel....yea right! There haven't even been any "new" reviews since reopening. Guess I'm out my money as I've made other arrangements with another hotel.

You really have to do your homework when searching for hotels. Especially not knowing the hotel you are going to get until they have your credit card!!

Good luck!

Just had a look on lmtclub - and in march you can get the Hyatt Place Miami airport east for $120/night and for FLL I found the Ramada Fort lauderdale Oakland Park for $133/night (plus taxes for both).

There are also a few other 3 and 4 stars listed which are all under $200/night! Good luck :)

Do not use bidding sites with expectations of shuttles.

FLL is only a 10 min ride to town and the port. No more than a 15$ cab ride.

Get out of this sticky for priceline and start /ask for help in a new thread.:) More personal recs and help is provided there.;)

Try http://www.valuetrups.com for Hyatt Place 17th St. You fill in their request with a credit card to hold the room. and they will email with Hyatt Place reservation #. It shows $195+tax for your period. They have free airport shuttle and $ port shuttle, continental breakfast. Taxi from airport or to port about $20.

Take a breath and relax. Don't worry about the bidding site nonsense. Use LMTclub.com. Free membership codes are JPOSTCLUB or WFREEBIES15. If by some chance they don't work, google until you find one that does.

I have used them last January as well as for our upcoming cruise, both times in FLL. For your 1 night stay on Sunday January 24, these are the best 3 deals, IMHO.

1) Holiday Inn Express Dania Beach 128.16 + tax total 147.63.

2) Sleep Inn & Suites Dania Beach 113.37 + tax total 130.41

3) Rodeway Inn Cruiseport 108.60 + tax 125.34.

All 3 have free shuttles from airport to hotel and optional shuttle for cheap from hotel to cruiseport. The Holiday Inn is the newest property of the 3 and the Rodeway Inn is old school with courtyard style 2 levels with no elevators. We stayed there in January and we have reservations for the Holiday Inn in November. The Holiday Inn has the best reviews of the 3 on Tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d671209-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_South-Dania_Beach_Florida.html

I got Rodeway inn in Ft. Lauderdale for Dec. Cruise now I am worried. What is the reason u wouldn't book it. Maybe I need to just lose the money and go somewhere else. Safety is my main concern.

I got Rodeway inn in Ft. Lauderdale for Dec. Cruise now I am worried. What is the reason u wouldn't book it. Maybe I need to just lose the money and go somewhere else. Safety is my main concern.
Is it a great place? No...but I certainly would not throw away good money. Read the tripadvisor reviews at the link coming up in red. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d601614-Reviews-Rodeway_Inn_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html If you still feel that way, then check out the above review I referenced 3 posts ago for the Holiday Inn Express and see what rate is available through LMTclub for your date in December. In November, we're paying 91.95 including tax.

If you're going to make a blanket statement, at least give some facts as to why and a possible alternative solution. :confused:

You asked for an opinion, this nice person answered you, now you demand an explanation hmmm:confused:

I will tell you to do as was suggested, read Tripadvisor also look back in the forum there and see how management "Iggy" interacts with the DE 's . They live there and do recommend you not stay there.

I am staying at the Seville for one night,great hotel not really, safe, clean, good location yes!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

You asked for an opinion, this nice person answered you, now you demand an explanation hmmm:confused:
Another misguided poster......go back and look at posts 484 and 487, I am the one that is giving help and making suggestions. I just wanted eandj to give some reasoning as to why they made a blanket statement regarding Rodeway Inns in FlA. Their previous posts in this thread were helpful and had substance, whereas the blanket statement post did not.

Another misguided poster......go back and look at posts 484 and 487, I am the one that is giving help and making suggestions. I just wanted eandj to give some reasoning as to why they made a blanket statement regarding Rodeway Inns in FlA. Their previous posts in this thread were helpful and had substance, whereas the blanket statement post did not.

Okay so you were not the OP,I still found that response rude.

Now if you had phrased the response as you did in the response to me, I would have thought you were looking for clarification.

Reader

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220671&highlight=rodeway+inn

Here is one thread on the Rodeway.

Here is another from Sept.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2260924&highlight=rodeway+inn

The choice is yours. I'd hate blowing money. I hope this is just for a few hours precruise. I'd use a cab and not count on shuttles. Low cost cab ride worth it to me. Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by eandj

If you're going to make a blanket statement, at least give some facts as to why and a possible alternative solution. :confused:

I gave a "no" to one of your choices offered. Just trying to narrow them down.

I included a couple recent threads from here on cruise critic to satisfy anyone looking for details on that Rodeway. See my previous post. We are in Fl enough to know reputations of different hotels even if we haven't stayed there.

Hi Everyone!

Let's try and keep this thread for summaries of Hotels booked only:

(eg):

Hotel: B Ocean Fort Lauderdale

Star Rating: Four****

Dates: 12/20/2014 one night

Winning Bid: $89

Taxes: $18.47

Total Cost: $107.47

Site: Priceline

Use the main board of Florida Departures for questions about specific hotels and strategies.

Thanks,

Kel:)

Take a breath and relax. Don't worry about the bidding site nonsense. Use LMTclub.com. Free membership codes are JPOSTCLUB or WFREEBIES15. If by some chance they don't work, google until you find one that does.

I have used them last January as well as for our upcoming cruise, both times in FLL. For your 1 night stay on Sunday January 24, these are the best 3 deals, IMHO.

1) Holiday Inn Express Dania Beach 128.16 + tax total 147.63.

2) Sleep Inn & Suites Dania Beach 113.37 + tax total 130.41

3) Rodeway Inn Cruiseport 108.60 + tax 125.34.

All 3 have free shuttles from airport to hotel and optional shuttle for cheap from hotel to cruiseport. The Holiday Inn is the newest property of the 3 and the Rodeway Inn is old school with courtyard style 2 levels with no elevators. We stayed there in January and we have reservations for the Holiday Inn in November. The Holiday Inn has the best reviews of the 3 on Tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d671209-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_South-Dania_Beach_Florida.html

Thanks for all the great info, especially the freebie codes listed by SNJCruisers! I booked my first reservation on LMT club!

Here is info for anyone interested

Hotel: SpringHill Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Star Rating: Three ***

Dates: 11/8/15 one night

Listed Price $104.53

Taxes: $15.56

Total Cost: $120.09

Site: lmtclub.com

Just booked through Hotwire for Dec. 6.

3* All suites hotel, Miami international airport

Amenities listed: parking, shuttle business center, laundry, fitness center, smoke free, pool

95% customer rating

$104 plus taxes=$128.70

Got the Cambria Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon.

We just got the Pelican Grand Resort off Hotwire. Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

Arrive 2/6/16 for 3 nights. $228.00 per night + $48.64 =$276.64 per night.

4 Star Amenities: Resort, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Self-serve laundry. I thought it might be the B Ocean Resort but am happy with this place. :) Reviews look good on Trip Advisor.

Looking for room selection advise if anyone has stayed there. I'm willing to pay a little up-charge for a better view. Also, places to eat within walking distance.

Happy Cruising,

Dave

We just got the Pelican Grand Resort off Hotwire. Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

Arrive 2/6/16 for 3 nights. $228.00 per night + $48.64 =$276.64 per night.

4 Star Amenities: Resort, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Self-serve laundry. I thought it might be the B Ocean Resort but am happy with this place. :) Reviews look good on Trip Advisor.

Looking for room selection advise if anyone has stayed there. I'm willing to pay a little up-charge for a better view. Also, places to eat within walking distance.

Happy Cruising

Dave

Here's the link to tripadvisor reviews of the resort. Check them out. You may see tips regarding upgrade and nearby food choices.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d80483-Reviews-Pelican_Grand_Beach_Resort_A_Noble_House_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html