Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Yes, have stayed there several times and love it! It's a little off the beaten path in that it is on the northern end of the beach, but we still love it! The rooms are beautiful, beds super comfy, view is to die for and it is impeccably clean. It's right across from the beach, maybe about a mile walk to a water taxi stop, there are a variety of restaurants, shops and bars in the area...and really not a bad walk to get to the "main drag" on Fort Lauderdale beach, maybe a mile and a half to two miles. Plenty of great dining along the way! I'd be thrilled to get it for $150!!!! Oh, and do yourself a favor and have either breakfast or lunch at Primanti brothers right next door, delish!!!!

This is wonderful to hear!!! I noticed it was a bit north, but we plan on beaching it for the full day we are there, and we have a 6 year old, so we won't be taking advantage of night life. I will totally check out Primanti, I was going to look ahead on Trip Advisor for some ideas, but love first hand recommendations :D

By chance, do you remember if they supply beach towels? I see the resort fee includes 2 beach chairs, so I would assume they provide towels as well, but I can't find anything on their website, may give them a call to confirm.

Not to downplay the questions but there is hotel information and questioning on other threads. The topic here is priceline & hotwire.

I am fine if the moderators remove this post for off topic.

Edited by iluvcruzin

I was asking because we won s bid from Priceline to Sheraton suites. Just wondering what we are getting. Sorry if that is off topic

Please share the bid information - I.e. area, price, tax etc. I am sure many (including I ) would appreciate it.,:thumbup:

November 10 + 11 for 2 rooms for the 2 nights

Sonesta Coconut Grove, Coconut Grove Miami

Bid $105 declined, bid $120, bid $132 accepted= 621.76 with taxes incl. Only other fee will be resort fee of $30/room per night.

When I looked online this was a lot cheaper than directly with hotel and also on booking sites. Hopefully it's good!

Did have an issue with beds though, called to confirm and explained that they were 1 bedroom rooms with no couch!?! So we will have to upgrade our room on check in, I'll let you know if it's worth the hassle. :p

November 10 + 11 for 2 rooms for the 2 nights

Sonesta Coconut Grove, Coconut Grove Miami

Bid $105 declined, bid $120, bid $132 accepted= 621.76 with taxes incl. Only other fee will be resort fee of $30/room per night.

When I looked online this was a lot cheaper than directly with hotel and also on booking sites. Hopefully it's good!

Did have an issue with beds though, called to confirm and explained that they were 1 bedroom rooms with no couch!?! So we will have to upgrade our room on check in, I'll let you know if it's worth the hassle. :p

If they have an 'upgrade' available when you check in. That's the risk of using PL or HW. :eek:

Edited by 1cruiselvr

If they have an 'upgrade' available when you check in. That's the risk of using PL or HW. :eek:

Totally, I can't say I will ever book PL again due to that!

Just fingers crossed that we aren't SOL when we get there in November

Edited by Dearabby_84

You can ask the hotel for a roll away bed..that will be no fee or a small nightly or 1 time fee...just a thought..

Have a blast..Krista

PS I love PL and Our Parents booked our December Family Cruise through them for great savings

That's a good idea!!!! Thanks and happy cruising to you too:)

I apologize, sorry, I saw it and just posted it. I'm getting so sick and tired of all of this back and forth negativity on cc. I joined when cc first started and then changed my user name because I dared to criticize parts of an HAL cruise. I was attacked. I quit cc and got emails from the moderators telling me that my review was what they wanted on these boards.

I think I'll just start reading again and not posting. Not worth the trouble positive or negative. I work 10 hrs a day and don't have the time. Sorry I had the time to respond this weekend.

Edited by stretchcruz

Out of many people eandj would be the least to be negative IMHO. I think he was just helping the thread to be complete, for others, CC is also a community made by the members.. Happy cruising! :)

edit: ontopic; a 30th Sept - 1st Oct stay for that price is a steal, I can't get the IC cheaper than $152+$23 in taxes/fees on the non bidding sites. Congrats to that poster! :D

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I went to HOTWIRE link, put in Miami, date-Dec3 1 night.

Got results then refined by area - Downtown. 6 hotels came up. First one is "Downtown-Port of Miami area boutique hotel"

4-star, 85% recommended, $128. when i clicked on the hotel link, next page had a balloon saying: "Book soon! Last person got The Langford Hotel".

Can someone identify this hotel ?? Will it be The Langford?Thanks.

jargey....Could be. Often the hotel mentioned IS the one you get. No guarantees tho. If it's a good rate, go for it. 85% favorability is darn high. Your date is NOT prime, so you should get some really good rate offers on the discount sites.

Edited by eandj

Hotwire

3 1/2* Downtown Miami/Port of Miami

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

10/30 - 10/31

$105 total (used the $15.00 coupon on BetterBidding.com)

Thanks to CC I did a lot of research on BetterBidding and was 99% sure this was the hotel I would get. Really happy with the price, everything downtown was much more.

Edited by R Prim

Hotwire

3 1/2* Downtown Miami/Port of Miami

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

10/30 - 10/31

$105 total (used the $15.00 coupon on BetterBidding.com)

Thanks to CC I did a lot of research on BetterBidding and was 99% sure this was the hotel I would get. Really happy with the price, everything downtown was much more.

R - can you help me identify this hotel on hotwire? what is the description? price? etc.

Jargey3000, it is located in the Down Town - Port of Miami area. 3 1/2*, 80% recommended. The amenities listed are: Free Internet, Smoke free rooms, Fitness Center, pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self-service laundry, accessible for visually impaired. Good luck. Be sure and book through betterbidding.com to get the $15 off. The promo is good through 9/22.