Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

For those shopping today for a Fort Lauderdale hotel stay around March 17th, I just scored the Hyatt Regency at Pier 66 on Priceline for $186/night using their Express Deal "4-star FTL downtown - cruiseport - convention".

I just booked through Hotwire the W hotel Miami for $214 cdn for dec 2017 a night says I saved 72% as reg $760 cdn a night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those shopping today for a Fort Lauderdale hotel stay around March 17th, I just scored the Hyatt Regency at Pier 66 on Priceline for $186/night using their Express Deal "4-star FTL downtown - cruiseport - convention".

Thanks for posting. Can you share what the amenities were for the hotels and what the rating for the hotel? For hotwire, the rating would be the % of people who recommend the hotel. For priceline, it is usually a number like 7+, 8+, or 9+. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting. Can you share what the amenities were for the hotels and what the rating for the hotel? For hotwire, the rating would be the % of people who recommend the hotel. For priceline, it is usually a number like 7+, 8+, or 9+. Thanks in advance.

https://www.hotwire.com/hotels/hotel/details/MTAwMDY4MDQxMjM6NTQ4NDk0MTg5Nzcz

Priceline: 7+ (no free breakfast or airport/cruiseport shuttles :()

From Hyatt Regency's website:

Hotel Features

•384 Guest Rooms and Suites Available

•Comfortably Appointed Rooms with Balconies or Patios;•Equipped with Iron and Ironing Board Coffeemaker; Mini Refrigerator

•Special Catering for Yachts

•Complimentary Beach Shuttle

•127 Slip Full Service Marina - Limited Services Until October 2014

•Two Har Tru Tennis Courts

•27,000 Square Feet of Meeting and Event Space

•Five Outlets from Casual to Fine Dining and Room Service

•Three Pool Complex with 40 Person Hydrotherapy Pool and Cabana Rentals•Spa 66

•Fitness Center

•Business Center 24 hour Self-Serve

•Boarding Pass Printer

•Concierge Service

•Valet and Self-Parking•Avis Car Rental on property

•Golf Nearby•Hyatt Meeting Rewards

•Hyatt Gold Passport Points or Airline Miles•Bike Sharing is Available with the B Cycle Program At Two Nearby Stations

Just got 2 rooms at the Riverside in Fort Lauderdale for $117 each (plus taxes which made it $142.76 each) for April 28, 2017 on Hotwire using better biddings assistant portion of their page :)

What were the amenities? % recommended? Or did you post this info in better bidding? Thanks

What were the amenities? % recommended? Or did you post this info in better bidding? Thanks

I didnt post on there. I found bidding helper on there and went through that and it has a hint to tell you which hotel it might be. It said might be Riverside. Amenities below and so I went a

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3.5 stars

I didnt post on there. I found bidding helper on there and went through that and it has a hint to tell you which hotel it might be. It said might be Riverside. Amenities below and so I went a

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3.5 stars

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Just got 2 rooms at the Riverside in Fort Lauderdale for $117 each (plus taxes which made it $142.76 each) for April 28, 2017 on Hotwire using better biddings assistant portion of their page :)

We got pretty well same deal thru priceline $116.00 for April 24th thru their express deal

Just got the W Fort Lauderdale by bidding on priceline for Feb 11. On the express part there was a 4* hotel priced at $141 with these amenities

• Pets Allowed
  • Business Center
  • Restaurant

• Indoor or Outdoor Pool
  • Fitness Center
  • No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

that I thought would be the W Fort Lauderdale. It had an 8 rating and showed a 26.50 resort fee. I decided to try bidding to see if I could get a better price. Started with $111 and added zones 1, 3, 4, 6 until I got to $125. My bid was accepted. Total for the hotel is $125 + 22.97 = $147.97 to priceline and 26.50 payable at hotel for a grand total of $174.47. I am happy with that considering trip advisor shows the hotel going for $434 total.

Anyone had any luck with using Hotwire in NYC? We're going on NE/Canada cruise first Sat in Oct and while I'm content with flying in that morning, my DD would like to see some of the Big Apple. Advice I've been given is Wallstreet area due to proximity to 911 memorial and free ferry to Staten Island, both on the to do list. We will be flying into LGA most likely as we fly Southwest from Dallas.

Thanks for input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone had any luck with using Hotwire in NYC? We're going on NE/Canada cruise first Sat in Oct and while I'm content with flying in that morning, my DD would like to see some of the Big Apple. Advice I've been given is Wallstreet area due to proximity to 911 memorial and free ferry to Staten Island, both on the to do list. We will be flying into LGA most likely as we fly Southwest from Dallas.

Thanks for input!

If you google better bidding you will see a site that is very helpful for figuring out hotwire hotels in NYC.

LMT club.com is a great site and you can do a google search for their free password. If you're flying in on Thursday night, hotels in the wall street area will be much more expensive than on a Friday. If you're flying in thursday, you could get the Hampton Inn at LGA on LMT for 142 + tax.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just now, bid using Hotwire App and applied $15 off coupon code

entitled NOJOKE (only good for today, April Fool's) and won the Riverside Hotel for 10/16/17

Total price $135. On hotel's own website the price is total $176.42, so we saved $41 and are happy.

We loved the Riverside.

I paid the same price last year in March for the Riverside, but at that time it was listed at $109 plus taxes.

Today's rate was $124 plus taxes, minus the $15 coupon for a grand total of $135

It is the 3.5 star property in the Las Olas section and lists a 90% rating

You can also choose you bed type.

This rate is only available through the Hotwire App.

• 3 weeks later...