What is with all the crying over QOTS?

I haven't posted since the announcement, just read the posts and the crying over this ship is sickening. It seems most of the people on here do not like change, and just want the same ship built over and over and over again in different sizes. I live in NJ, and am OVER THE MOON happy this beautiful ship is coming here. It will be a HUGE success here, I have no doubt. Embrace a little change once in a while. There will be more revealed as we go, I'm sure a good amount will be traditional RCCL ship staples. I'm just sick of the crying. By the way Florida get over it, my god one ship goes to another state and you guys have a conniption fit. You will get the next 10 in a row, can we in the North have just one?

I haven't posted since the announcement, just read the posts and the crying over this ship is sickening. It seems most of the people on here do not like change, and just want the same ship built over and over and over again in different sizes. I live in NJ, and am OVER THE MOON happy this beautiful ship is coming here. It will be a HUGE success here, I have no doubt. Embrace a little change once in a while. There will be more revealed as we go, I'm sure a good amount will be traditional RCCL ship staples. I'm just sick of the crying. By the way Florida get over it, my god one ship goes to another state and you guys have a conniption fit. You will get the next 10 in a row, can we in the North have just one?

I Agree With You Wholeheartly!!!!

I Started A Thread Also!!! (Glad The Quantuam Is Sailing From Cape Liberty)

I agree...I love the Explorer but I am happy that we are getting a new ship to try. No, I don't do the flow rider, or the bumper cars, or some of the other new features. But while lots of people are doing that I will enjoy the rest of the ship. This ship will have something for everybody! And, we have not yet seen all that is on this ship. I for one am very excited about this. :D

Driving to a ship with a flowrider has my husband doing back flips. Doing the Freedom in December (2013) and March (2014) and then we will be sailing out of NJ for as long as Quantum is. Thank you RCCL.

I don't think anyone is crying. I think some people are just not as blown away as others and expressing their disappointment. For me, from what I've seen so far I find this much anticipated debut to be anticlimactic. There is still much to be revealed so I will save my final judgement but so far I'm not super impressed.

I'll might go on the Q eventually being that it is so close to home but it is not high up on my list right now.

I don't think anyone is crying. I think some people are just not as blown away as others and expressing their disappointment. For me, from what I've seen so far I find this much anticipated debut to be anticlimactic. There is still much to be revealed so I will save my final judgement but so far I'm not super impressed.

I'll might go on the Q eventually being that it is so close to home but it is not high up on my list right now.

That's how i feel also. I think Rccl hyped the ship up way to much and didnt deliver on the product. Really take away the skydive tube since that's all it is, a tube and the crane ride and you don't have an inspiring ship. Oasis and allure blew people's minds. This just didnt.

<<<<<<This person is extremely happy excited about a new ship sailing out of Bayonne. So tired of all the negative-nellies that are upset about Quantum not being in Florida. Not all RCI ships have to sail out of Florida. I love love love that I can drive 40 minutes to the port and get on the ship. We have sailed on the Explorer of the Seas five times over the years and loved our cruises. It is way overdue for a new ship. Choose to be happy folks!!! So much less stressful. :p;)

That's how i feel also. I think Rccl hyped the ship up way to much and didnt deliver on the product. Really take away the skydive tube since that's all it is, a tube and the crane ride and you don't have an inspiring ship. Oasis and allure blew people's minds. This just didnt.

Remember they have not announced all the new features yet. There will likely be more "reveals." Will they be of the caliber of The Boardwalk or Central Park? Probably not but will be interesting to see what else will be introduced.

<<<<<<This person is extremely happy excited about a new ship sailing out of Bayonne. So tired of all the negative-nellies that are upset about Quantum not being in Florida. Not all RCI ships have to sail out of Florida. I love love love that I can drive 40 minutes to the port and get on the ship. We have sailed on the Explorer of the Seas five times over the years and loved our cruises. It is way overdue for a new ship. Choose to be happy folks!!! So much less stressful. :p;)

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you say "choose to be happy". My happiness has nothing to do with my opinion of this ship thus far.

The fact that it will be sailing from N.J. makes no difference to me. I have no problem getting on a plane.

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you say "choose to be happy". My happiness has nothing to do with my opinion of this ship thus far.

The fact that it will be sailing from N.J. makes no difference to me. I have no problem getting on a plane.

Good for you. If I don't have to fly, I'd rather not. I love having a new ship in NJ and not having to fly. Makes me very happy but then again I choose to try to be positive and happy in my life in general, works for me. Just my opinion. Happy Cruising!

Good for you. If I don't have to fly, I'd rather not. I love having a new ship in NJ and not having to fly. Makes me very happy but then again I choose to try to be positive and happy in my life in general, works for me. Just my opinion. Happy Cruising!

No one is talking about NJ. As he stated he has NO issues flying. The ship is simply not inspiring. Stop beating a dead horse with the NJ stuff. I agree 100%. Wouldn't matter if the ship was docking at my front door. Wouldn't change how I feel. The ship isn't what they hyped it up to be. I'm still going to give her a try for sure. I hope the future announcements just bring more wow.

No one is talking about NJ. As he stated he has NO issues flying. The ship is simply not inspiring. Stop beating a dead horse with the NJ stuff. I agree 100%. Wouldn't matter if the ship was docking at my front door. Wouldn't change how I feel. The ship isn't what they hyped it up to be. I'm still going to give her a try for sure. I hope the future announcements just bring more wow.

I agree that the key will be in the future announcements. I doubt anyone would book it based on 270, North Star, Rip Cord, and bumper cars. Quite honestly, if the pricing is higher than Allure/Oasis, I'm not sure if I'd book it, even to save money on flights. Also, there is no question that the third sister to the Oasis/Allure will be have more Wow anticipation than the Quantum.

We are looking at an April 2015 booking. I looked at the NCL Breakaway and what they have for April and their itineraries are a bit disappointing.

The big thing about the Quantum is that it will sail from the north and that the cruiselines recognize that there is a market for cruises in the north. Having an inaugural from the north may not happen again for a long time. So to me, that is the hype. A sparkling new ship for the northern ports. We will try the Quantum but that does not mean that we will not fly to Florida or San Juan to take other cruises.

Not beating a dead horse, just giving my opinion that I'm glad I don't have to fly with the QOS being in NJ. Sort of perk for the ship for me at least. ;) I have flown to many destinations for my cruises too (PR, FL). I'm not Wow'ed exactly by QOS entirely and like you all I'm hoping that the more to come will make it better. Until then I'm just trying to be positive. OK moving on.............

How about those Mets? j/k

Not beating a dead horse, just giving my opinion that I'm glad I don't have to fly with the QOS being in NJ. Sort of perk for the ship for me at least. ;) I have flown to many destinations for my cruises too (PR, FL). I'm not Wow'ed exactly by QOS entirely and like you all I'm hoping that the more to come will make it better. Until then I'm just trying to be positive. OK moving on.............

How about those Mets? j/k

It's not just the flying. It's the flying during school vacation weeks. In those weeks, airlines jack up prices to the point where it's more than twice as much as non-vacation weeks.

At this point any overexcitement or whining is just premature. But it's okay to be excited to have a new ship in the Northeast.

It's not just the flying. It's the flying during school vacation weeks. In those weeks, airlines jack up prices to the point where it's more than twice as much as non-vacation weeks.

At this point any overexcitement or whining is just premature. But it's okay to be excited to have a new ship in the Northeast.

This is true, I used to only be able to cruise when my DD had Easter break or during the summer. ;)

Archived