Bed arrangement ?

tree.critter

As I prepare for my first solo cruise I'm wondering if it is a problem to still ask for the bed to be "king" instead of two twins. It will be a VERY special treat for me to be able to stretch out my long legs and monkey arms in whatever direction they want without clobbering DH or a dog.

I can't imagine any cruise line today setting the beds as 2 twins unless specifically requested! But, I mainly cruise HAL, with a little DCL thrown in there. My bed is always ONE big bed...but if in doubt, add that request/specification to your request. The cabin stewards can't read your mind, but they *will* do whatever makes you happy. Might as well let them know up front!

Sue/WDW1972

DCL Dream 11/10/13

Nieuw Amsterdam 1/5/14

As I prepare for my first solo cruise I'm wondering if it is a problem to still ask for the bed to be "king" instead of two twins. It will be a VERY special treat for me to be able to stretch out my long legs and monkey arms in whatever direction they want without clobbering DH or a dog.

Hi:) I always sail solo and always have the beds together. If they

are separated? Ask your cabin attendant to push them together

for you. I NEVER sleep in a "twin" when cruising.

It's not a problem at all. Keep in mind that even if you get to your cabin and the bed is not configured the way you want, just ask your cabin steward.

The bed arrangement is an option asked during the booking process. If you use a travel agent be sure he/she provides the cruise line your choice during booking.

It is often changeable by you after booking within your booking description on the cruise line's web site, "Cruise Personalizer" on Princess.

Usually the beds are set up the way you prefer them when you arrive in your cabin but on occasion I had boarded and they are not, so I usually just sleep in the bed the way they are set up and then ask the steward to set up the bed as I prefer it the next morning when he or she makes up the bed. I can take it for one night and I know how busy the stewards are on embarkation day so I just wait until the next morning to have them change them.

I know with RCCL, it is in my reservation for my upcoming sailing that the beds are together, which is how I prefer it. Every time I've sailed solo, it has been together.

Now, I didn't know you could ask for the bed to be pushed against the wall, which is what I will be requesting when I meet my room steward. I love sleeping close to a wall for some reason.

Archived