Goat cheese pizza vs prosciutto pizza

Briitini

It all goes with how they can incorporate the ingredients not just in the pizza, but everywhere else on the ship. Prosciutto is found in many differerent dishes on the ships menu now. I'm not sure how many dishes have goat cheese in them.

WHAT?! No more goat cheese pizza? That was one of my favorite things! Guess I will have to stick to the calzones now.

Darn ! We love that goat cheese pizza....hope it still on Triumph in Aug...but I am def not gonna starve on a Carnival cruise. Always something good available in my experience. :rolleyes:

WHAT?! No more goat cheese pizza? That was one of my favorite things! Guess I will have to stick to the calzones now.

I herd that there is no more Calzone. after the upgrade. There was Calzone on my last cruise Sept 2012 but Im sure I read others say it is gone now

I am bummed about them doing away with the goat cheese pizza but I never saw anyone order it but me:o

Hopefully the Blue Iguana will make up for this but I liked that I could get pizza anytime--even though I usually only get it about once per cruise.

That goat cheese pizza (de chevre) was my favorite. But I do like procuitto, and I have not yet had the opportunity to try the "new" pizza menu, so cant say anything about it either way. Still that de chevre pizza was good!:)

My favorite was always the goat cheese pizza but it is gone! Next was the calzones and ceasar salad...but....it is GONE!

I personally hated the prosciutto pizza! I didn't care the crust at all either. The crust tastes like eating paper thin wafers that are burnt.

I loved that goat cheese pizza too! Does anyone have a photo of the new pizza menu that they can post?? I'm curious what the new options will be :)

Here is a link to pictures and a menu of the NEW Pirate Pizza on Carnival

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/pictures2.0/PizzaPirate/index0.html

I doubt the prociutto was actual prociutto.

It was probably just thinly sliced ham and they called it prociutto.

As for getting rid of the goat cheese, if its any consolation, they did add mac&cheese and meatloaf to the dining room menu..

I doubt the prociutto was actual prociutto.

It was probably just thinly sliced ham and they called it prociutto.

As for getting rid of the goat cheese, if its any consolation, they did add mac&cheese and meatloaf to the dining room menu..

You can't just serve ham and call it prosciutto. What they serve is definitely a dried cured ham on Carnival. And by definition, that would make it prosciutto. I spoke with the head chef about what type of prosciutto they use when I did a tour of the walkin in the galley. I was told it was prosciutto panino. This type pairs well with bread and is a middle of the road prosciutto.

The calzones were the only thing I liked. Hate to hear they're gone.

I looked at the menu posted. Are there only 4 types of pizza offered now at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the past we have ordered a whole Pie the way we wanted it with the ingredients they offered. It take's about 15 - 20 minutes. Not sure if they will do this anymore with the changes to the pizza's

The calzones were the only thing I liked. Hate to hear they're gone.

I looked at the menu posted. Are there only 4 types of pizza offered now at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and don't even think about asking them to vary what is on the menu. I tried that and was told NO.

I am bummed about them doing away with the goat cheese pizza but I never saw anyone order it but me:o

Hopefully the Blue Iguana will make up for this but I liked that I could get pizza anytime--even though I usually only get it about once per cruise.

Ya but what stinks is some ships -The Dream!- didn't get all the 2.0 upgrades. The dream got the bars but not the food :( they still have their gross Lanai BBQ and not Guy Burgers :( No more Vacation Sundaes for lunch :(

Oh well. Still looking forward to sailing :o

Archived