All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

Boarding in 3 weeks!!! Sooooo excited.

Quick question from the roll call about currency exchange on board in the Baltics.... I know the on board rate of exchange will be nasty..... do they change from foreign currency to $$ then to the local currency? Will make it all the worse....

Sooooo excited for you.

Raina

We will be on the Legend in September. I went to make specialty restaurant reservations. For all three places on Legend it only offers me 8 or 8:30 or 9 pm. What gives? Is it too far out, do they hold back earlier times, or could it really be that full this far off. (we have fully paid for the cruise already). Thanks in advance!

I agree with the earlier posting that there will be some spots left for on board booking but having recently sailed on Legend, this Chops is a bit smaller. We enjoyed it very much and found the service better than on some previous cruises with other ships of the line.

I think it may also be the days you chose. Sometimes the 'at sea' days are busier, often because those are often formal nights and some folks choose the speciality restaurants those nights to escape having to dress more formally.

When you board this ship, they generally have a bit of a welcome 'fair' in the pool area with information about the speciality restaurants, drink packages and spa. If you head there you can talk to staff about booking.

Also, on this ship the Park Cafe staff are the staff for Chops and the manager does both. We found them excellent and wonderfully helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Big heads up for Marko at Latte-tudes. Say Linda sent you. In MTD ask to be sat with Justin and/or Andrea. Lucian rates amongst the top 2 Head Waiters I have come across.

We are also huge fans of Lucian - for some reason though I've always referred to him as Luciano. Maybe it's because the first time we met him he was our waiter on Mariner on a TA from Rome to Galveston. So perhaps during the time he was based in Italy he went by Luciano. Anyway, we love the guy. It's the only time I've ever trusted 100% a waiter's recommendations. He always told me what I would like and I was never disappointed. We were so happy to see him on Legend when we boarded in Singapore in 2013 and saw him again as Head Waiter on our recent TA. He's such a pro ! Our other fav was Mustafa on AOS.

We are also huge fans of Lucian - for some reason though I've always referred to him as Luciano. Maybe it's because the first time we met him he was our waiter on Mariner on a TA from Rome to Galveston. So perhaps during the time he was based in Italy he went by Luciano. Anyway, we love the guy. It's the only time I've ever trusted 100% a waiter's recommendations. He always told me what I would like and I was never disappointed. We were so happy to see him on Legend when we boarded in Singapore in 2013 and saw him again as Head Waiter on our recent TA. He's such a pro ! Our other fav was Mustafa on AOS.

Here he is with Andrea and Justin

DSCN1366.jpg

Thanks for the info as well.

My wife and 4 kids sail during the kids spring break in March 2014. 10 southern Caribbean

I hope the ship has other kids my kids ages 3-10 at the time of sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hallasm had also posted a video of the Legend of the Seas on another thread:

We just did Legend in end og May - our second legend of a total of 18 RCCL cruises. No complains / excellent cruise

Here is a short video from Legend (May 2014)

[YOUTUBE]43HQQHPc-Vo[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...
Another review to add on the Legend:

"Just off Legend of the Seas (following Allure) and the survey says...: by LMaxerll [July 2014] @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2009956

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are doing a 10 day in March 2015 with 4 kids under 10. It is good to know what to expect. We are looking forward to the intimate feel of the smaller ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, also going on this cruise on the 20/Mar/2015......AKA.......Spring Break.....oh noooooo!! Didn't realize that at time of booking......different here in Canada!! Holy moly!

Just off the Vision and there were 560+ kids on board!! I went for a break......lol Oh dear, I hope the parents have better control of their kids than this last cruise.......loud,rude,misbehaving,......even in the hot tub.....where they are suppose to have supervision.....lol seems parents(not all) bring there kids on board a ship and let them run wild!!! Really sad to see the same kids doing this too. Especially when there are seniors !!