All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

Just off Legend yesterday and can confirm the Captain is Arild Hansen and Mercedes Lafuente joined on 4th May as Cruise Director, along with a mainly new Activities Team.

The cruise was the first in Europe and very much a ship in transition. The first few days seemed quiet as people boarded on those days and many people onboard were actually groups of travel agents.

Food is obviously a subjective issue and the Royal Caribbean menu is what it is - we always find something to eat but have seen a lot of variation in how the cooking is executed on different ships. I have to say we were very impressed with the food on this ship - it's the old menu (the new one will be introduced in June) but the execution was very good. Chops was excellent.

MTD (as posted elsewhere) needs to be sorted out. The best cruises we've been on for MTD had 2 lines - one for those who had booked and one for those who just turned up. This cruise had one (at times very long) line and led to much frustration.

Muster drills take place for people who board that day - our muster (from Civitavecchia) took place on deck, those who boarded in Genoa and Marseille had muster in the theatre.

I don't see how Meet and Mingle is going to work on this itinerary. We had notification that the M & M would be held on our final (sea) day - a bit late for a M & M in my opinion :rolleyes: When I pointed this out they said that since it's the only sea day and people are boarding in 3 ports there's no other logical time.

We were disappointed to see only one wine package on offer - not the old Gold, Silver, Platinum package and at over $40 per bottle for the first time we decided not to take out a wine package.

We were in a JS and had a mini fridge in our cabin and for the first time it really was a fridge - and not just a colder than average cupboard - and kept our wine and water properly chilled.

For those who are in suites and/or Diamond and above the addition of the 2 lounges was great and we were well looked after by some wonderful staff.

Sorry, this turned into a bit of a review - please ask away if you have any questions.

Did your JS have a walk-in closet and what furniture was on the balcony? Thanks !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Never sailed Vision Class before.... I can see me heading forward when I should be heading aft and vice versa. Really looking forward to the Baltic itinerary.

Thanks SteveinPhilly for the video. Never seen a Centrum event such as that before!

Park Cafe will be new to me..... dining reservations have opened up and I've booked Chops (not tried since 2008!), Izumi and the Chef's Table both new experiences. I've a sideways interior room on Deck 6 just down from Cafe Lattetudes which suits me just fine!

Will welcome any tips or suggestions on what not to miss when on board. It's a very port intensive itinerary but I do enjoy spending time on board and want to make the most of it!

The Centrum shows are being installed on all the ships with Centrums. They reheared on the Brilliance (our Northern Europe in July 2013) and had on the Legend. Re: Chops - it is much smaller and not really elegant on the Legend. It shares space with Izumi. We didn't do the latter. Mostly because we are not sushi folks. Izumi is odd because it's a la carte pricing PLUS a $5.95 cover charge (plus 15% service). Food was good in our night at Chops., but service below par since they were caterin gtowards the D+ folks and were are just Platinum.:o

BTW, Latitudes has different pastries than the other food places (and all are complimentary) but all bevs in Lattitudes are - of course- extra.

Steve

Isumi and Chops doesn't really share spaces on the Legend as Izumi is forward of the VCL and Chops is aft. There is a bar/lounge in between.

Chops on Legend is small but modern and intimate.

Chops:

2013-05-29085153_zpsdbe56917.jpg"]2013-05-29085153_zpsdbe56917.jpg[/url]

Isumi:

2013-05-29085309_zps090b1086.jpg"]2013-05-29085309_zps090b1086.jpg[/url]

I can so see my brain being mashed with the locations of places!!

I will be getting the Royal Replenish package so I can get my specialty coffee :)

Is there the equivalent of a Cafe Promenade on board? I've been scouring the deck plans but can't see one..... or does Park Cafe double as that?

I will be getting the Royal Replenish package so I can get my specialty coffee :)

Is there the equivalent of a Cafe Promenade on board? I've been scouring the deck plans but can't see one..... or does Park Cafe double as that?

Cafe Latte-Tudes off the centrum will have your specialty coffee.

Edited by clarea

Cafe Latte-Tudes off the centrum will have your specialty coffee.

Hi Bob, yes I picked my room specifically to be in that locale though I hadn't really taken the Centrum into account at all! Was just wondering where people who like to sit and people watch go to hang out and grab a snack or a self serve coffee is....

Linda

No there is no Cafe Promenade. The Park Cafe is in the Solarium and Cafe Latitudes is on Deck 6 near the Photo Gallery. They have specialty coffee at both locations.

Thanks. Am newly D. Will be first time on a ship where I can get access to one!

Another ?

Is the Wi fi pervasive?

Linda

Good Wi Fi available on most areas of the Legend for our iPads but the speed is slow.

Good Wi Fi available on most areas of the Legend for our iPads but the speed is slow.

Thanks for the reply. On the Freedom Class for example even with pervasive Wifi the traditional hotspots still had better speeds... will be blogging.

Linda

The Centrum shows are being installed on all the ships with Centrums. They reheared on the Brilliance (our Northern Europe in July 2013) and had on the Legend. Re: Chops - it is much smaller and not really elegant on the Legend. It shares space with Izumi. We didn't do the latter. Mostly because we are not sushi folks. Izumi is odd because it's a la carte pricing PLUS a $5.95 cover charge (plus 15% service). Food was good in our night at Chops., but service below par since they were caterin gtowards the D+ folks and were are just Platinum.:o

BTW, Latitudes has different pastries than the other food places (and all are complimentary) but all bevs in Lattitudes are - of course- extra.

Steve

We are D+ and suffered very bad service also. So....no...we were not

catered to at all. :rolleyes:

We're leaving on Mar 17th for the Panama cruise and I just want to thank all of you for such great info and wonderful pictures.

We did Chops on the Allure but do not plan on them this trip. We will do Izumi sushi a couple times. We love sushi and it was pretty good on the Allure.

I was wondering if they have Sushi in the Windjammer on the Legend?