All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

That'll teach me to pay attention to the pics. I am so going to be on a learning curve with this class! Thanks Bob.

I think you will enjoy the class. We were a little concerned about doing a 13 day TA on Legend, after doing a similar TA on Voyager a few years ago. Had a wonderful time, crew was outstanding, and love where they put the CL and DL.

I think you will enjoy the class. We were a little concerned about doing a 13 day TA on Legend, after doing a similar TA on Voyager a few years ago. Had a wonderful time, crew was outstanding, and love where they put the CL and DL.

Will be my first DL cruise :D Looking forward to quieter breakfasts! May even enjoy sailaway there....

The VCL is a good spot for sailaway too. It was better before they divided the lounge into 3 areas but you will still have a great view.

Vision class is my favorite. I like the smaller ships, the light and all the glass.

I am not a fan of anything with a Royal Promenade.:)

Dining room and "our" table:

2013-05-31135623_zpsa6119301.jpg"]2013-05-31135623_zpsa6119301.jpg[/url]

Brige view:

2013-05-31100527_zpsb48affca.jpg"]2013-05-31100527_zpsb48affca.jpg[/url]

I may be in the minority :o but For Sailaways I just go up to Deck 9 and start roaming around and maybe move to deck 10. The sailway takes about 15-20 minutes so you can see different things. And revember EVERY port has a "sail in" and a "Sail away". You just get different light.

And I always find it interesting that CC folks try to meet for a "sail away". That's when most folks want to take photos. You have plenty of time to meet after you get out in the "ocean" ;) But that's just me. :cool:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Legend in September. I went to make specialty restaurant reservations. For all three places on Legend it only offers me 8 or 8:30 or 9 pm. What gives? Is it too far out, do they hold back earlier times, or could it really be that full this far off. (we have fully paid for the cruise already). Thanks in advance!

We will be on the Legend in September. I went to make specialty restaurant reservations. For all three places on Legend it only offers me 8 or 8:30 or 9 pm. What gives? Is it too far out, do they hold back earlier times, or could it really be that full this far off. (we have fully paid for the cruise already). Thanks in advance!

A certain percentage of openings are held back for booking on board. If you visit the restaurants as soon as you board, you may be able to get the times you want.

I booked mine the day they opened on line and there were few slots open.... as Bob said there will be opportunity to book on board.

Linda

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Based on our experience in January - It's probably too far ahead to reserve either of the TWO rests - there are only two - Chops and Izumi (we only went to Chops). We had similar issue. We waited till we got on the ship and then made them. Honestly, they don't get that booked up. And there is no charge for cancelling so if you are flexible and a time is booked on a certain day, then you can have them call you in your cabin.

And you'll probably want to determine when the formal nights are (I fotrget which they are but they are pretty standard) so you don't miss the "lobster tail" or prime rib night in the main dining room.

Just my opinion.

Steve

I booked the Chef's Table Dining Package; it was listed as $95 on the RC website but I had to call to book it. That is the same price as the Chef's Table alone. Maybe it was a promo? The package had the three dining venues. I only chose my Chefs Table date before hand. I made my other reservations on board. We made Izumi reservations on Day 3 for the same evening, got a prime time slot, no problem. IIRC the package is sold onboard for either $115 or $125.

Our Izumi waiter served us in Park Cafe and asked when we were going to go to Chops and we shrugged so he insisted on calling and getting us a reservation which at that point in the cruise was day 5 or 6. He got us a prime time slot for the next evening, no issues.

The restaurants were very good. Service was great. They were busy but not packed. I did not have the impression that getting a reservation at whatever time you wished would be particularly difficult. Our cruise had 1800 people onboard.

To be honest, the MDR was great. While I enjoyed the specialty dining it was a choice to have those experiences, not as some sort of necessity to escape the MDR.

The restaurants were very good. Service was great. They were busy but not packed. I did not have the impression that getting a reservation at whatever time you wished would be particularly difficult. Our cruise had 1800 people onboard.

Honestly we were less than enthused with Chops on our Jan Cruise. We don't do Shushi so never do Izumi. We thought that Chops didn't have the ambience it has on larger ships - here they just closed off part of the lounge and called it Chops.

Our experience with service was different than yours. we are only Emeral members, not Diamond, and it seemed like most folks on our cruise were Diamond and why they bitched about not getting into the DC lounge (crowded) or that "free food" (isn't all the food on the ship free (well not the specialty places;)). At Chops they seemed to know the staff. My steak was way overcooked and had to be returned and when we finished it was 10 minutes before a server noticed and bussed the table. I filled out a comment card and the next day I was told our Chops bill charges had been removed. I appreciated the way it was handled and am not complaining - except that this should never have happended. Sucking up to DC member (which i guess we'll be someday) gets them nowhere.

Steve

I was a brand new DIamond on this cruise, so I was still on double secret probation. I am also probably a solid 20+ years younger than the average Diamond Lounge dweller, if not 30 years younger than many.

I doubt any of the service I got onboard had anything to do with my rewards program status. I make no real requests of anyone, nothing special, no "hey couldja". So I don't call out attention to myself.

Yes, Chops on the ship doesn't have the same ambience as say Allure, because it IS a section of the Viking Crown, but the atmosphere is still very nice in there.

I don't think I got treatment any differently than a first time cruiser would. Though I *COULD* envision if the ship were overrun with high tier members that others may feel differently.

I'm confused. We are doing a TA on the Legend in September. We are in a D2 cabin on the 7th deck. In some photos and drawings the bed is nearer the front door, in others it is nearer the door to the balcony. Can anyone help me figure it out? Thanks.

I did a 10 day cruise on the Legend in Jan, I have a family blog, with a review and pictures. Take a look if you like.

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2014/01/caribbean-adenture-on-legend-of-seas.html

Thank you for the review and wonderful pictures.We will be on the Legend for a month,b2b2b leaving April 16th,so excited....

Obsessive price checking pays off. Just paid £31 to upgrade my Inside on an 11 night Baltics cruise to an OV.

So then I went to Google to look for pics and this came up in the search..... even happier now I know I get one of these (the one on the left preferably)

Brad.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought I would add links to my recent video on the Legend of the Seas since this is a generic thread on the ship.

These videos were shot and edited in 3D. If you cannot view You Tube in 3D you can click on the settings button in the lower right corner of the player and shut off 3D.

Part 1

Part 2

Just got off the Legend transatlantic a couple of weeks ago and I'll have to say that it was one of the best cruises we have had in a very long time! We were really impressed. Everyone from the Captain down seemed to be giving 110% all the time and it showed...the service was extraordinary with little exception. Every operation from embarkation to debarkation went smoothly and even the queueing for excursions went smoothly and quickly. I can't say enough good things about the Legend.

• 2 weeks later...

Boarding in 3 weeks!!! Sooooo excited.

Quick question from the roll call about currency exchange on board in the Baltics.... I know the on board rate of exchange will be nasty..... do they change from foreign currency to $$ then to the local currency? Will make it all the worse....