All Aboard!!

So what time do you guys board your ship and what is the first thing you do?

We are early boarders, but not super early. We get to the cruise terminal around 12:00.

After that, we usually head up to the pool deck bar and have a cocktail and then start exploring the ship.:)

Tara

Usually on board between 11 - 11:30, straight to early lunch (Park Café preferably on ships that have it), hang out until rooms are ready, check into the room at 1, check in one last time with those we so cruelly left behind, head out to wander the ship and grab a drink (or two) until muster, then wave at those we cruelly left behind on the webcams at sailaway.

Usually on board between 11 - 11:30, straight to early lunch (Park Café preferably on ships that have it), hang out until rooms are ready, check into the room at 1, check in one last time with those we so cruelly left behind, head out to wander the ship and grab a drink (or two) until muster, then wave at those we cruelly left behind on the webcams at sailaway.

ROTFLOL! Everything you say cracks me up!:D You must be fun at Eagles games!

Tara

It depends on if I'm flying into the port ON cruise day, or the day prior. Also what time the ship departs.

In Florida, typically around 12:30. Cabins are usually open around 1:00, so I don't like to board too much before that and be stuck dragging around carry-on luggage. My next cruise, out of San Juan, we're flying in the day prior. However, we want to do sight-seeing on OSJ before boarding, since the ship doesn't depart until evening. We'll board when we're done seeing the OSJ sights. I tend to over-schedule! I'm trying to keep embarkation day a little loose!! :D

I recall boarding around lunch time last time we boarded in San Juan. Boat didn't sail until 8:00 or so.

JM

When we boarded early in San Juan and it took me a while to get on board since they have so many, many, MANY free samples of booze on the way in. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed back off the ship since she leaves late. Walked around old san juan, did some shopping. I really enjoyed boarding there.

We usually board around 11.30 to 12 noon and then have a mooch around and get the layout of the ship and then find something to eat and then make our way to the cabin.

With the excitement it is difficult to believe you are actually on board and can relax and start enjoying the holiday :D

When they used to allow you in your room earlier than 1 PM, we boarded earlier than now. We now tend to board so we get on the ship close to 1PM so we can drop our carryons off in the cabin before heading to the windjammer for lunch. Just too much to lug around! After lunch, we will explore if it's a new ship to us, check on our dining table and then maybe head up to the pool deck. After muster drill, if we have our luggage, we like to unpack and get organized for the rest of our vacation.

When we boarded early in San Juan and it took me a while to get on board since they have so many, many, MANY free samples of booze on the way in. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed back off the ship since she leaves late. Walked around old san juan, did some shopping. I really enjoyed boarding there.

You didn't walk from Pan Am Pier to Old San Juan did you?

Humanly possible.

What time can we board in St. Juan?

Heading to the bar...any bar...first open bar I see.

Who cares if the rum is gone , pass the tequila.

In January Brilliance started boarding at exactly 11 am.

We board as early as possible then up to the cabin to see if we could get in, (haven't had a problem yet), then off to lunch at the Buffet, then take the scenic route back to the cabin with a drink in hand, about the time sail away comes around we head up to the upper decks, then we find a bar which is never a difficult task.

Usually board around 11 or when they start letting you on. Head to Windjammer and have my Honey Stung Chicken ( I know it isn't real tasty but it is part of the ritual). Go to Dining Room and check out the table. Head to the Pool Bar and grab my first of many Miami Vices and explore the ship.

Archived