Which are the "sweet spot" cabin on Indy?

We are cruising on the Indy for the first time in 2015 (so lots of lead time here).

I know from other lines there's almost always some "sweet" cabins (larger balcony, bigger room) in one or more classes, but they aren't obvious from the deck plans.

We are considering an Aft-facing cabin (deck nine or ten), but are hearing that between the superstructure and a "soot" problem they may not be as great on Freedom Class ships as some others.

Aside from Aft facing, are there any other "sweet spot" cabins (D or E) on the Indy that we should be trying to nab?

Thanks

Many people like the "hump" staterooms, located around the aft centrum. The staterooms and balconies are no larger than others in the same category, however the view is unique since these are set out from the side of the ship, and the location is very convenient to the elevators and stairs.

Many people like the "hump" staterooms, located around the aft centrum. The staterooms and balconies are no larger than others in the same category, however the view is unique since these are set out from the side of the ship, and the location is very convenient to the elevators and stairs.

Thanks - yes I was looking at those - they look interesting - how is privacy on those? Do the people on the sides of you have a "better view" of your balcony than the ones on the "flat sides"?

Thanks

Thanks - yes I was looking at those - they look interesting - how is privacy on those? Do the people on the sides of you have a "better view" of your balcony than the ones on the "flat sides"?

Thanks

No, we feel like it's the opposite, that the center hump staterooms are more private than the ones on the flat sides.

Forward cabins on deck 9 are slightly larger due to the slope on the outside wall ... The extra room is between the bed and the portal window ... They're ocean view with a large portal ... You are requested/required to close the curtains in the evening to keep the light away from the bridge, which is directly above the cabin.

I know you said other than aft-facing, but I wanted to point out that 1400 and 1700 are oft-coveted D1 cabins that are super-sized. They are corner cabins that are closer to a JS in size with a large balcony as well. Their downside is that they have a support pole in the middle of the cabin.

My friends who have stayed in them say that it was definitely worth it.

If you want to go non-balcony, another special cabin on Indy is 6305, the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet". It's a Promenade cabin with a unique cow-theme inside and offers free Ben & Jerry's ice cream for both of you and also allows access to the Concierge Lounge.

We have sailed many times on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

We always prefer to book a midship balcony stateroom, close to the aft elevators, for two reasons :

1. In case of rough seas, there is much less rocking at the middle of the ship.

2. The restaurant, the pools and the Windjamer buffet are located at the aft of the ship. This saves us a fair amount of walking on these huge ships.

We like to stay on deck 9. It is an easy walk up to deck 11, where the pools and the buffet restaurant are, and not too close to be disturbed by the noise there while resting.

Albert

I know you said other than aft-facing, but I wanted to point out that 1400 and 1700 are oft-coveted D1 cabins that are super-sized. They are corner cabins that are closer to a JS in size with a large balcony as well. Their downside is that they have a support pole in the middle of the cabin.

Yeah, those looked interesting - I've got my travel agent checking to see if 1700 or 1400 happen to still be available. I kind of doubt it since this itinerary has been open for a few weeks now, but you never know. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

No, we feel like it's the opposite, that the center hump staterooms are more private than the ones on the flat sides.

Cabin # 9638 has been a favorite for us a few times on LOS & INDY.

Cabin # 9638 has been a favorite for us a few times on LOS & INDY.

I agree. We had 9638 on Liberty over last Thanksgiving and really enjoyed the location.

I agree. We had 9638 on Liberty over last Thanksgiving and really enjoyed the location.

What itinerary on LOS ?..We had this cabin on that ship during an eastern caribbean & western med...and have had it twice on INDY eastern caribbean. As you can tell it's a favorite along with the eastern caribbean :)

What itinerary on LOS ?..We had this cabin on that ship during an eastern caribbean & western med...and have had it twice on INDY eastern caribbean. As you can tell it's a favorite along with the eastern caribbean :)

We were on a 5 day to Falmouth and Labadee. Wish it had been longer because we really enjoyed the ship.

• 1 year later...

My friends who have stayed in them say that it was definitely worth it.

If you want to go non-balcony, another special cabin on Indy is 6305, the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet". It's a Promenade cabin with a unique cow-theme inside and offers free Ben & Jerry's ice cream for both of you and also allows access to the Concierge Lounge.

Ok..so tonight is the 1st time I have heard of the cabin 6305..we would be able to get all the benefits from the CL?? What all does that include??

The only "monetary' perk is the cocktail hour/s....free drinks around dinnertime in the lounge. The concierge can help you with things that you could easily do on your own, but won't have to! Some ships have suite seating around or above the pool...also, suite seating in the theatres.

It's up to you if the price is worth the benefits.

The "hump" balconies are VERY convenient to stairs and elevators...we love that area, as it makes life easier! The "aft" balconies are deeper than the side balconies, but the loooong walk becomes a pain in the ass, if you come and go to your room multiple times per day.

Ok..so tonight is the 1st time I have heard of the cabin 6305..we would be able to get all the benefits from the CL?? What all does that include??

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning. Cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm every night with complimentary soda, house wine, selected beers, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks. 24 hour free specialty coffee. The services of the Concierge during office hours.

Edited by clarea

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning. Cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm every night with complimentary soda, house wine, selected beers, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks. 24 hour free specialty coffee. The services of the Concierge during office hours.

Does Indy have a separate sun deck?

Wow..surprised no one know about a separate sun deck area.. :)

Would be nice if it does..

I was able to snag this room for March 2016..lol

Indy does have a roped off area for suite guests with gold sea pass cards. It's a tiered area between the pool and the bar above. They also get a separate section at Labadee. I'm not sure if that room qualifies though. Gold cards are for guests in Grand Suites and higher.

I would look for someone recent that has been on this ship and in that room. There have been mixed reports about getting access to the cl.

We just left Indy last Saturday after having cabin 7342 hump balcony. Great cabin right next to the lifts and stairs. No noise or disturbance, large balcony with lounger and chairs. Would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

We'll be in this stateroom on FOS in October. Did you hear anything from the Royal Suite above? That player piano going on all night?

I really want to try the hump so I can compare with the aft.

Thanks!

We'll be in this stateroom on FOS in October. Did you hear anything from the Royal Suite above? That player piano going on all night?

I really want to try the hump so I can compare with the aft.

Thanks!

Didn't hear the piano, but I did hear kids running occasionally. Was not a big deal.