Can I bring a case of water on board?

mcpepe

carnivals policy is subjective... ea person is allowed a small quanity... of course we will have many definitions of what is small .

when we first started cruising we used to bring water we would bring a 18 pack of water.

today we bring nothing , save perhaps the bottle in our hands as we are walking to the port from the parking lot

Can we bring a case of water on board with us? We are driving to port and drink a lot of water, which adds up quickly.

I always do. Usually put it and a few 6-packs of soda into a small suitcase (one that you can carry on to a plane) and carry it on to the ship. A few times I didn't feel like carrying it on, so I put a luggage tag on the suitcase and it was delivered to my room...however, Carnival's policy is that you must carry it on yourself.

carnivals policy is subjective... ea person is allowed a small quanity... of course we will have many definitions of what is small .

when we first started cruising we used to bring water we would bring a 18 pack of water.

today we bring nothing , save perhaps the bottle in our hands as we are walking to the port from the parking lot

Not anymore. Carnival has it specifically written out in their beverage policy now.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Go for it. a case cost $4 so what if they confiscate it. I pack my case of water in a checked suitecase, always have and plan to continue. If they catch it you get called to the security room after Emergency drill where they check it to make sure it is only water or soft drink, then they return it to you. Last time they even offered to take it to the room for me.

Seem like a silly rule to me. It is just water and a case at walmart cost about the same as a big bottle on the ship.

We always take a 12 pack of water. I used to think it should be intact in its shrink wrap, until they took out every bottle to shake them at Galveston last year. When we cruised 2 weeks ago, we took them out of the shrinkwrap & put them into a duffel bag for carry on. (Duffel bag rides nicely on top of a rolling carry on.) We had no problem. After the cruise, we had the duffel bag for souvenirs. It could have easily held 24 bottles.

Water onboard the ship is perfect to drink. I would take an insulated mug and drink water from the ship and save my allotted 12 beverages for bringing something else

Some of the older ships I find the water to have a filtered taste where as the newer ships the water taste fine. I hate that filtered taste :eek:

I have even noticed a discoloration (yellowish) in the water on older ships as well.

We brought water on one time only...thought the same thing that it would be nice to have it in case the water didn't taste good. But never have since...in our experience the water has always tasted fine. We do like to bring a bottle with us to the ports but we just buy a bottle.

Water from the tap is perfectly safe and from where all of your ice cubes come.

HINT: It's warm from the tap so will taste fine when put in the refrigerator and allowed to chill a bit. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We always take a CASE & have Never had any probs.

When we finish with the case, we fill a few of the bottles with water from buffet. (We make sure that the bottle opening does NOT touch dispenser.)

Edited by CruiseVille

As others have said, it's 12 cans/bottles that are 20 oz or less per cruiser. Has to be carried on and can't be checked. I would also HIGHLY recommend leaving the 12 pack of water in the shrink wrap. They check VERY carefully (at least in new orleans!) that it is water and they haven't been opened and filled with liquor. Mine were still shrink wrapped and they still took the 12 pack of water, turned it upside down and "thumped" each bottle to see if it looked right and they also checked each seal.

Can we bring a case of water on board with us? We are driving to port and drink a lot of water, which adds up quickly.

http://www.shopaladdin-pmi.com/product/27215

Found this at walmart for $5 and am taking it on my first cruise in December. I loved that I could easily add ice to it as well throw down in my bag and not worrying about it spilling. Few other colors were available too. So each of us 4 that is going will have a different color. Would be easier/cheaper to refill it than buy/bring water with us or on board if its free and taste fine

Edit: if i remember tomorrow after work, will post picture of it seperated as well as the other colors.

Edited by Flutie03

Water onboard the ship is perfect to drink.

I would take an insulated mug and drink water from the ship

and save my allotted 12 beverages for bringing something else

Nothing's wrong with the ship's water.

I drink it all the time..refilling my bottle from the bathroom tap!

Take a 6-pack of Ginger Ale instead: it'll help you if motion sickness affects you.

Much more useful and practical. ;)

Each couple brought a case of water on top of our carry on. The hanle held the case nicely. 12 bottles for each person means that case is no problem if at least 2 of you are traveling. We also had our case of sodas that were carried the same way. I took a dollar store bungee to secure the case on the luggage. No problem at all. Have a wonderful cruise. :)

We bring a camelpak.

When we leave the ship for ports, we fill it with ice at the machines, and then water. Keeps super cold while off the ship, and that way we always have cold ice water with us. It can hold you camera, and all other necessities. WE LOVE it!! Works great at Disney too!

• 7 months later...

we packed 24 waters and 12 soft drinks in a suitecase with snorkle gear and other stuff that didnt matter if it got wet. We left the suite case unlocked and it was delivered to our room with the other baggage. When we lock that bag we have to go to the bad room to unlock and claim the bag.

We did refill several bottles and the water is fine from the ship. The problem is keeping up with the empty bottle to refill them.

Happy sailing! :)