Southwest Airlines Bookings thru Jan 5, 2014

tinkerme1

Booked FLL(Fort Lauderdale) to ABQ (Albuquerque) via LAS (Las Vegas), very good airfare. 12:10 flight, going to have to hustle off the ship and hope it isn't held up super long for ICE.

We normally fly through Houston Hobby but those flights were not even availble, so I will be keeping an eye for something better!

Wished I had seen this sooner. I tried to book @ 10 pm. For Dec 14, the price from FLL to Chicago showed $150 per person. But before I could complete the reservation, that price sold out, and it jumped to $220. Tried to go back and just book one seat at a time, but by that time even the next non-stop flight jumped in price.

Dang.... no non-stops to Ft Lauderdale, again. I had been hoping they would have at least one, on the Phx-FLL part of our trip but guess we'll have to use US Air or American or whatever they will be called after the merger. :(

Not many from PHL to FLL or MCO either since the merger.:(

Bill

Not many from PHL to FLL or MCO either since the merger.:(

Bill

Actually, I was looking at PHX (Phoenix) to FLL on Southwest. In the past, they've usually had one non-stop per day PHX to FLL (and back) but not on the dates we need to travel.... in fact, you're right in that I don't see any non-stops PHX-FLL in checking other dates in other months. Bummer. I'm OK with US Air (American I guess starting in September) it's just that there's no luggage fees on SW. :(

Our friends from NJ, who are sailing with us, decided to just drive to Baltimore and fly with us because the fares were so much better.

I don't blame them. I've driven from Philly down there on a couple of occasions.

I have opted for USAirways lately. They have a lot more direct flights to Florida destinations and even with the $25 fee for the bag it is still pretty close in price to Southwest and I get to my destination in 2.5 hours instead of 4-6 hours with a stopover.

Bill

We were booked on the Explorer in December but the fares were simply out of sight from Kansas City. When SWA announced that they were going to San Juan we made some checks and found that it was actually $400 cheaper to fly to San Juan in September than it was to fly into Newark.

Yes we do have to fly home on Air Tran but the prices and no bag fees still apply. Jewell here we come.

Crap! SW dropped the 1PM westbound flights out of Tampa early November.

Gotta try & run for the 11:15. Crap!

We had the same thing happen in March of 2012 for Manchester. It was 10h25 or 5h00pm and we have a 3 hour drive after. Did that cruise with only carry on and had no problems making our flight. We were actually sitting at our WN gate well over an hour early.

We actually got the first taxi and had to wake the driver up. There was almost no lines at security as most cruisers were still on the ship and we were at the airport.:D

Hopefully your experience will be as smooth an painless as ours was.

Looking to book a flight Presidents Week on southwest. Any idea when Feb. dates will open up?

They will open dates to Feb 12 on July 1, so a month or two after July 1 for the next opening.

I'm extremely jealous of you all that seem to get great rates on SW. I've never had any luck. Maybe it's me? :)

You are not alone. When they opened for November bookings last Monday most of the flights were sold out.

When I checked again this afternoon flights from Philly to Orlando were $465pp R/T.

USAirways is $362 R/T and with the cost of one suitcase pp it is $387pp with better flight times and most are nonstop where the SW flights are mostly with stops.

Bill

I'm extremely jealous of you all that seem to get great rates on SW. I've never had any luck. Maybe it's me? :)

Same here. Even with baggage fees I find flights cheaper on other airlines.

USAirways is $362 R/T and with the cost of one suitcase pp it is $387pp

Interesting that checked luggage only adds $25 RT to the price. Are you only checking luggage in one direction? If checking luggage both ways, you will probably need to figure $412 RT with USAirways to compare with other airlines. Still cheaper than Southwest in your case, but not as big of a difference.

Interesting that checked luggage only adds $25 RT to the price. Are you only checking luggage in one direction? If checking luggage both ways, you will probably need to figure $412 RT with USAirways to compare with other airlines. Still cheaper than Southwest in your case, but not as big of a difference.

Oops you are correct.

Still a little cheaper but closer but a lot more nonstop flights to pick from too.

Since the merger the prices aren't what they used to be or the flight times and direct flights.

In my case I'd even pay a bit more for the convenience of getting to my destination in Florida in 2 1/2 hours instead of 6 but don't tell USAirways that.;)

Bill

You are not alone. When they opened for November bookings last Monday most of the flights were sold out.

When I checked again this afternoon flights from Philly to Orlando were $465pp R/T.

USAirways is $362 R/T and with the cost of one suitcase pp it is $387pp with better flight times and most are nonstop where the SW flights are mostly with stops.

Bill

We got a GREAT deal from SW for our Freedom of the Seas Halloween cruise. We got RT from Grand Rapids, MI (GRR) to Orlando (MCO) for $399.60 for BOTH of us. Less than 1/2 of what everybody else has been quoting.

Joe

The trick to booking SW Airlines is to wait for their "web" specials. Unfortunately, for Holiday bookings, it gets a little harder. You can always book with SW, and if the price comes down, you can get the difference applied as credit which is useable for one full year.

We have the SW Airlines CC and get our airfare for free as long as we're flying to where they go! We worked it out many years ago, that even with the RCCL CC, we do better with free airfare. :)

Does anyone know when Southwest will start booking for flights in Feb. for President's Week?

The next opening for schedules will be:

"Travel Tools

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2014. On July 1, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through February 12, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Looks like you'll have to wait till the next schedule openings!

Archived