too soon for white?

I will be on Celebrity Summit this Sunday for Mother's Day lunch and a tour of the boat. (can't wait--need a cruise fix since I need to wait until NOVEMBER for my next actual cruise)

Planning on wearing white pants because they are new and I love them but is it too early in the season for white? I usually don't care about those sorts of "rules", but also don't want to stand out.

I am old school and grew up not wearing white until after Memorial day. Having said that, I have some white capris that I am anxious to wear but it just hasn't been warm enough.

Wear what you are comfortable in. Don't worry what others think. If you are confident you will look great.

pants/capries..on every cruze, no matter the weather back home, or @ sea, or what the calender dictates. Plus my usual Tropical shirt, w/ a tee or cami. after 75 cruzes, no one has even mentioned I was "out of season" !

If it's warm enough, wear them. We have warm weeks (or days) in CA throughout the winter, I never store my summer clothing away. I wear white capris if the temps are in the 80's without a second thought. If someone has a problem with it, I just figure it's their problem, not mine.

Not unless I were to run into Serial Mom.

I live in the south and I thought the rule of the thumb was to to wait until after Easter to wear white pants or shoes.

I don't live by 'the rule' anymore but growing up in the Northeast, for us it was no white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

Of course, you in the south get warm weather far earlier than we do here in New England and keep it warm long after we have leaves falling from the beautiful trees. :)

The 'rule' is hardly known by the young 'uns now and that works just fine IMO

After a few days of dreary, rainy weather, I decided to wear the white pants with royal blue top just to brighten things up. The tour was good, a little disorganized but we got to see the Penthouse Suite which will probably be the only time I'll be in it :). Lunch was lovely--went with lamp chops. And all the ladies received a red rose and a travel bag with samples of shower gel, body scrub and body gel.

All-in-all, a good day. (would have been just a little better if we won the raffle for a cruise to Bermuda)

Archived