Roll Call Etiquette - What Would You Do?

sail7seas

[quote name='Boytjie']I only talk RSVP charters - have not done any Atlantis ones.

Well, maybe you should join your GWH on one of the cruises! You won't mock door decorations after you see what decorating takes place - it may be replaced with awe (and/or shock!). ;)[/QUOTE]

I get it! I get it. I was raised on Fire Island, isn't there some kind of ID I can carry around that would get me on one of these charters?

What kind of games are we talking about in the M&G's Sail disdains anyway? No one has answered. Hula hoops? "Guess what part of the country I'm from?" I'm really actually dying to know.

[quote name='Mumsysailor']Please forgive my ignorance. What does that mean? :confused:

Mumsy.[/QUOTE]

In my case it means the closest, most forgiving, least conflicted, most supportive, most hilarious, most got-your-back relationship I've ever had. Ain't no marriage like a good work marriage. Thankfully it's an open marriage and we thoughtfully include both my husband and my GWH's partner of 14 years. On occasion.

[quote name='Seago2']I get it! I get it. I was raised on Fire Island, isn't there some kind of ID I can carry around that would get me on one of these charters?

What kind of games are we talking about in the M&G's Sail disdains anyway? No one has answered. Hula hoops? "Guess what part of the country I'm from?" I'm really actually dying to know.[/quote]

[B] Disdain is an awfully big word for simple dislike. A gross exageration, if you will. :) I'm not big into many games of any sort. ;)

[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] Disdain is an awfully big word for simple dislike. A gross exageration, if you will. :) I'm not big into many games of any sort. ;)

[/B][/QUOTE]

But what kind of games. I would dislike them, too, I know I would. I would detest them and disdain them. But what are they? Pin the tail on the donkey?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why this is such a big deal. You overheard a conversation, you politely introduced yourself, she politely invited you to the M&G, you politely accepted and attended. Done. Why the angst?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why this is such a big deal. You overheard a conversation, you politely introduced yourself, she politely invited you to the M&G, you politely accepted and attended. Done. Why the angst?

I'm just really glad for a conversation starter that doesn't involve cruising in Alaska on a HAL ship this summer, which: sadly, not doing. So this is some variety. Fluff.

I get it! I get it. I was raised on Fire Island, isn't there some kind of ID I can carry around that would get me on one of these charters?

There is such a card! It is called a credit card. :D No other requirements or qualifications needed.

If plans work out we may be moving some stuff to Fier Island next weekend ahead of the Memorial Day Weekend. Woo hoo!

In my case it means the closest, most forgiving, least conflicted, most supportive, most hilarious, most got-your-back relationship I've ever had. Ain't no marriage like a good work marriage. Thankfully it's an open marriage and we thoughtfully include both my husband and my GWH's partner of 14 years. On occasion.

Oh my, that interpreted very differently! :eek:

I have a different version of this: I have a church wife! At church we go on and bicker like an old married couple. LOL

But what kind of games. I would dislike them, too, I know I would. I would detest them and disdain them. But what are they? Pin the tail on the donkey?

Pin the speedo on that fat guy? :eek:

Spin the wine box? :D

Wang Wang Pong?

Oh my, that interpreted very differently! :eek:

I have a different version of this: I have a church wife! At church we go on and bicker like an old married couple. LOL

Lol!! I mean for certain events! Not for anything risqué, we're too jaded and lazy for that.

1. How come men never organize meet and greets? Heh heh, as if....:p

2. Please, do me a favor and describe, for my amusement, a meet and greet game. Please. :D

Actually a man did orangize the last Meet & Greet that we attended on the Noordam in 2009. Sadly he has passed away.

If I remember correctly he also organized one we attended on the Volendam in 2005 or 2006.

Actually a man did orangize the last Meet & Greet that we attended on the Noordam in 2009. Sadly he has passed away.

If I remember correctly he also organized one we attended on the Volendam in 2005 or 2006.

Who is that, KK?

No need to be sorry. :)

It's okay if you don't understand.

Lots of things I don't understand. :) :cool: :o

I have organized 7. ;) Then again, the passengers were 95% men. :D

We don't do games, but one one cruise there were two excursions organized by roll call members and I had a list of who was going to participate in each them. I placed a letter on the name tags to identify which excursion the person was going on (or left it blank for those not participating) and I did not mention or explain the codes and left it up to people to figure it out. That was rather fun and it made them interact with each other.

That was a very clever idea!!

1. How come men never organize meet and greets? Heh heh, as if....:p

2. Please, do me a favor and describe, for my amusement, a meet and greet game. Please. :D

obriendan (hope I remembered the right cc name) aka Dan also organizes meet and greets:D

there are lots of men that do it and if they don't - there are many who help behind the scenes. our roll call wouldn't be the same without two marvelous men and their wives who have been huge assists in planning activities:D

Part of the success of our roll call is due to their efforts and I am eternally grateful to these two wonderful gentleman and the wonderful ladies at their sides and I can't wait to meet them:D

Gay Work Husband: A gay man that a works with a woman, that does all the things her husband doesn't like to do e.g. go shopping. :D

There is also a variation for a gay man that works with a straight man that also likes to do similar things. My partner has an ex-work husband. :)

Thanks for that. :cool: I've certainly had gay work friends but never considered them in such intimate terms however well we got along.

Mumsy.

I also add my screen name to the list of men who have hosted and organized Roll Calls and M&G's.

Have done so with 85% of our cruises. Though I do admit I'm enjoying a break on our next two bookings.

Hosting can entail a lot of time and at times can be quite frustrating.

You end up playing a Ricky Nelson oldie quite often. "Went To A Garden Party" meaning "You Can't Please Everyone So Sometimes You Just Have To Please Yourself.":D

I also add my screen name to the list of men who have hosted and organized Roll Calls and M&G's.

Have done so with 85% of our cruises. Though I do admit I'm enjoying a break on our next two bookings.

Hosting can entail a lot of time and at times can be quite frustrating.

You end up playing a Ricky Nelson oldie quite often. "Went To A Garden Party" meaning "You Can't Please Everyone So Sometimes You Just Have To Please Yourself.":D

If Yoko brings her walrus I'm not going!

Archived