Question on Military rates, verification paperwork

we're booked Super Saver or whatever its called, where it has the price guarantee.

i found a military rate, that was the same as what we had, BUT it also had a $100 OBC per stateroom (for cruises over 6 days)

It said on the small print, to submit verification paperwork to Interline@carnival.com. I did, got a form email receipt/reply back, that they would review and let me know. this was about 10 days ago. I emailed it again.

military folks, what has been your experience with getting the military rates/OBC? did you submit via the Interline@carnival.com?

what should i do next?

Yeah we just emailed hubby's DD214 to Carnival and they put it into their computer system. They said we won't have to provide that anymore and if the military rate is lowest we can just go ahead and use that rate because they have the information on file for us.

we're booked Super Saver or whatever its called, where it has the price guarantee.

i found a military rate, that was the same as what we had, BUT it also had a $100 OBC per stateroom (for cruises over 6 days)

It said on the small print, to submit verification paperwork to Interline@carnival.com. I did, got a form email receipt/reply back, that they would review and let me know. this was about 10 days ago. I emailed it again.

military folks, what has been your experience with getting the military rates/OBC? did you submit via the Interline@carnival.com?

what should i do next?

I'm assuming you don't mean Super Saver as I doubt if you'd be able to change to Military as there are no changes allowed under Super Saver.

Are you booked Early Saver and want to price drop to Military rate?

I'm assuming you don't mean Super Saver as I doubt if you'd be able to change to Military as there are no changes allowed under Super Saver.

Are you booked Early Saver and want to price drop to Military rate?

Sparky, they were going off memory when they said Super Saver. In the same sentence they also said "or whatever its called, where it has the price guarantee". So, it's a logical assumption to assume they are booked under Early Saver. But since I can't get my dad's rate, as he'll never sail with me, I have no valuable input to give to the OP as to what to do.

what should i do next?

I get the impression that you are considering the Military rate to have the same conditions as Early Saver or Super Saver which is not true. Yes you will the $100 credit during a sale but with Super Saver, you can't choose your room and there are no changes allowed. With Early Saver, the deposit is non refundable and changes are allowed for $50. Military is slightly more expansive than the Savers but you have less restrictions and can pick your cabin. You may want to check into this.

If you are booked Early Saver then Yes you can price match to the military rate and get the OBC. I have done it numerous times. Fill out the ES form and tell them you are eligible for the military rate. Once the rate is approved you should receive an email from Interline telling you that you have 72 hours to submit you proof of eligibility.

You can go ahead and email your proof to Interline but don't be surprised if you have to do it again.

Whenever I price match to military rates I have had to email my DD214 for each booking. Even though I have been told they keep it on file I have found this to only be the case for that booking. The next booking I had to email the paper work back in again.

I just switched to the Military Rate for price drop, was told to e-mail the DD-214 in and should receive a confirmation within a few days, which I did. They also stated it wasnt uncommon not to get a confirmation, but if you dont to call up and confirm.

yes, its the Early Saver that I meant.

the military price was the same as the Early Saver price i had, i was wanting the $100 OBC's that the military rate had.

can that be done? are OBC's something you can get via Early Saver guarantee, or is the ES guarantee only for price?

ok, thats what i did; twice!

submitted the Price Saver form; also submitted the verification paperwork via interline.

i guess i'll call and see if the OBC's have been applied.

another question!

its $100 OBC per stateroom. i'm traveling with a friend, who will have her own sea&sail account. Will they split the OBC between both S&S cards?

ok, thats what i did; twice!

submitted the Price Saver form; also submitted the verification paperwork via interline.

i guess i'll call and see if the OBC's have been applied.

another question!

its $100 OBC per stateroom. i'm traveling with a friend, who will have her own sea&sail account. Will they split the OBC between both S&S cards?

Unfortunately, yes, but you can go to guest services and have them move all of the OBC back to your S&S account or your friend can give you $50.

But as someone else stated; if you do another price match to a rate that doesn't include OBC, you'll lose this that you earned.

But as someone else stated; if you do another price match to a rate that doesn't include OBC' date=' you'll lose this that you earned.[/quote']

Exactly what happened here, but got the lower rate. Had to pay full deposit then but oh well...

I've faxed and emailed copies of my DD-214 to the InterLine Dept. and after a few days they responded with an email noting the approval for the rate. Usually they just let you book the rate, and make the adjustments as needed. I haven't had a problem with it being denied, but it seems that every other cruise or so, they want me to send in the information again. I don't know what they think is going to change on it, unless I re-enlist!!!!:eek:

Archived