World Leading Cruise Lines

fas64

Do you think the World Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Princess, Costa, Cunard, P&O, Holland America & Seabourn) should match the highest status across all the brands as RCL and Celebrity do.

ie if you are Elite on Princess you receive Platinum on Carnival and so on?

You'll start getting complaints about the Elite functions being crowded with people from the other cruise lines. That issue erupts periodically on the Celebrity board.

I think if Carnival starts seeing too many frequent cruisers moving from the Carnival brand to the Royal brand, they might do something like status match to keep them in the family. But if people are just migrating within the Carnival family, there's no reason to.

So are you saying that just because Delta will give you a 1000 free miles for every 30 minutes you're delayed leaving the gate that United should offer the same? Or that if your Chase MC gives you a penny credit for every $50 of gas you buy but nothing for every $100 you spend on the mechanic, should they match Ally Bank Visa's 2 pennies for every $500 spent regardless of what the purchase was?

Brand differentiation! How brands, regardless of whether cruise lines, airlines or credit cards, or dry cleaners, decide to recognize "loyal" customers is and should be different amongst competitors, even intra-corporate competitors and up to what the brand believes "loyal" customers will respond to. So if you're cruising to chase rewards choose the one that represents the most value to you and ignore the other lines. If you're cruising several lines and can afford to cruise several lines enough to collect rewards, the piddly value of any of these rewards should be insignificant to your decision.

Do you think the World Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Princess, Costa, Cunard, P&O, Holland America & Seabourn) should match the highest status across all the brands as RCL and Celebrity do.

ie if you are Elite on Princess you receive Platinum on Carnival and so on?

They just revamped their own loyalty program to make it harder to get to platinum since there were so many Platinum members so i don't think they'd open it up to all the CCL corp brands.

Bill

So are you saying that just because Delta will give you a 1000 free miles for every 30 minutes you're delayed leaving the gate that United should offer the same? Or that if your Chase MC gives you a penny credit for every $50 of gas you buy but nothing for every $100 you spend on the mechanic, should they match Ally Bank Visa's 2 pennies for every $500 spent regardless of what the purchase was?

Brand differentiation! How brands, regardless of whether cruise lines, airlines or credit cards, or dry cleaners, decide to recognize "loyal" customers is and should be different amongst competitors, even intra-corporate competitors and up to what the brand believes "loyal" customers will respond to. So if you're cruising to chase rewards choose the one that represents the most value to you and ignore the other lines. If you're cruising several lines and can afford to cruise several lines enough to collect rewards, the piddly value of any of these rewards should be insignificant to your decision.

I think you missed the point. The cruise lines referenced are owned by Carnival. If you sail on one or more of their owed vessels, you should earn credit for doing so. Like how Royal and Celebrity operates.

Or was that your point? Just because Royal does it doesn't mean Carnival Corporation should start doing it with their lines?

Well for me I would think about doing one of the Carnival Corps brands in lou of trying a competitor and it does work with Royal!

Well for me I would think about doing one of the Carnival Corps brands in lou of trying a competitor and it does work with Royal!

I agree with you on this. That being said, they are somewhat different than Royal. Royal does it with their two brands. With Carnival it is more pervasive. Even though their loyalty programs match up better now (previous post) pricing and other things don't. I would not hold my breath.

I was thinking within the Carnival umbrella.... Have it set up like Hilton Honors.... where your loyalty status follows to it's other brands, like Embassy Suites, etc.

I was thinking within the Carnival umbrella.... Have it set up like Hilton Honors.... where your loyalty status follows to it's other brands, like Embassy Suites, etc.

:D Yea ,there you go, two hour managers reception.

But it will never happen .

I agree with you on this. That being said, they are somewhat different than Royal. Royal does it with their two brands. With Carnival it is more pervasive. Even though their loyalty programs match up better now (previous post) pricing and other things don't. I would not hold my breath.

Carnival could do it with maybe just Princess, or even HAL.

RCL also owns Azamara but they dont match that brand.

It would not have to be all brands they match to .. just the ones closest to each other, most similar.

Carnival could do it with maybe just Princess, or even HAL.

RCL also owns Azamara but they dont match that brand.

It would not have to be all brands they match to .. just the ones closest to each other, most similar.

This is the second thing I would do if I was the head beard. (The first would be to work a deal with Akroyd to put a House of Blues on every ship).

This is the second thing I would do if I was the head beard. (The first would be to work a deal with Akroyd to put a House of Blues on every ship).

And instead of live blues/r&B/jazz put in a "DJ Ir-a-Tat" playing dead rapper tributes 24/7:D:rolleyes: And give all Platinum's a Happy-Hour discount from 9P-1A.

And instead of live blues/r&B/jazz put in a "DJ Ir-a-Tat" playing dead rapper tributes 24/7:D:rolleyes: And give all Platinum's a Happy-Hour discount from 9P-1A.

All sounds good to me:)

Absolutely not. Real music only in my clubs.

Carnival Corp ownes enough levels of cruising 'experiences',

it would make sense to do it within all the Carnival lines anyway.

:D

I've been 'going on' about this now, for YEARS

seeing as all nine cruises I've done have all been on Carnival Corporation ships

- but would I stand on one leg waiting for it to happen? NO.

Please, someone, correct me if my memory is wrong. But, I recall that someone in the audience asked about this at Carnival Corporation's Annual Meeting this year. Again, if my memory is correct, I recall Mr. Arison saying that this is an issue that the Corporation has been looking into, but has found it impossible at this time to fairly mesh all of the loyalty programs together. Sounded like it was a bookeeping nightmare.

Archived