Lido Music = too darn loud!!!!!!!!!!

WayTooCool

The Little Woman and I recently did a B2B on the Fascination; love the boat, HATE the painfully loud "music" on the Lido Deck! We could not sit on the Lido, enjoy our cheeseburger extravaganza lunch with our friends because you couldn't shout to be heard. Not good! Not good!!!

Probably being petty, but I saw a few people sitting there holding their ears. How do you successfully complain to Carnival? I know they've cut cruise expenses by no longer paying performers such as the wonderful pan performers, but jeeze looeeze, over-amplified ANY kind of music is just painful, regardless if it is rap country or classical. Intrusively loud is too blankity blank loud!!

I thought the music on the Lido was way too loud too. I just stayed away from the lido and tried to go somewhere quieter. However, on the Dream, you could still kinda hear the lido music on the Serenity deck depending on where you were sitting.

Maggie

The Little Woman and I recently did a B2B on the Fascination; love the boat, HATE the painfully loud "music" on the Lido Deck! We could not sit on the Lido, enjoy our cheeseburger extravaganza lunch with our friends because you couldn't shout to be heard. Not good! Not good!!!

Probably being petty, but I saw a few people sitting there holding their ears. How do you successfully complain to Carnival? I know they've cut cruise expenses by no longer paying performers such as the wonderful pan performers, but jeeze looeeze, over-amplified ANY kind of music is just painful, regardless if it is rap country or classical. Intrusively loud is too blankity blank loud!!

You don't successfully complain to carnival , you call them and they say Sorry ;)

Can't say that you're being unreasonable!!!:( Last cruise the D.J. was playing the music so loud, that you couldn't hear the D.J. talk. You can complain until the cows come home... You will not be heard!!! lol:D

Bring back the Steel Drums and Island Music Please!!!:eek: C.G.

Can't say that you're being unreasonable!!!:( Last cruise the D.J. was playing the music so loud, that you couldn't hear the D.J. talk. You can complain until the cows come home... You will not be heard!!! lol:D

Amen !

People have been complaining about this to John Heald on his FB page for a while now.

The other day he said something will be done about it.

We shall see.

No steel drums! Maybe when I turn 90 I might like them but at 33 I say keep the dj or a band that plays songs that are worth listening to.

People have been complaining about this to John Heald on his FB page for a while now.

We shall see.

We be throwin down with the DJ on Lido :D. I don't think the noise level will ever drop.

I would start with the cruise director if you can catch him/her or go complain to guest services. Have your friends and acquaintances onboard also complain in this manner.

If that doesn't help and/or you are off the ship, as others have said, you can mention it to john heald. Though it sounds like they are seriously considering adding back more live musicians.

~Katy

I was just rereading a rview I wrote about the Legend, and how loud the lido deck was there too. One advantage I have had on my wo cruises on the Fascination-It was so cold, that not even the DJ ws outside, so I had a nice quiet cruise. Lonely, but quiet. :rolleyes:

For some reason, Carnival thinks that having sound blasted at you makes you want to party, and if you want to party you will spend money on drinks, to help party. But I cruise in the fall, the clientel is older, and it would be nice to get a quieter Lido deck. It is the only place for smokers to go, they should be kinder.:o

I've noticed the same thing in a few stores lately. The music was so loud we couldn't hear each other. I complained to the sales lady (by nicely shouting) and she said they all hate it but corporate thinks you will spend more. These were not teen stores--it was JC Penny and Sears!!!!

This was sooo true on my October and November 2012 cruises on Triumph. You could not even hear yourself think, must less talk to the person you were with.I got a email survey and commented on that.

I was on The Magic in March 2013 and it was so much nicer. Not so loud, it was better than the Triumph, for sure

I stay away from the middle area of the Lido deck. Can't stand the giant plug-in drug (TV), hate the loud music, don't care for any of the contests or the guided "fun."

I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys it. Have fun and leave me out of it. The nice thing about a really big ship is that you can always find peace and quiet away from all the hoopla.

I much prefer the sound of the sea, the breeze, and the chit chat of other cruisers.

Wholeheartedly agree! As you can see in below, In 4 months I've sailed on the Ecstasy twice and the Dream. Every time the DJ on Lido was "Nightclub loud". On the last Ecstasy cruise I planned to help that, I would just take my Ipod and listen to that instead. I had it on full blast with the earbuds deep in my ears and still could only hear the DJ! :eek:

I like loud party music in certain situations but relaxing in the sun on a cruise isn't one of them. As a new cruiser, I have decided that I will only now take Carnival short cruises for when I feel like a "party cruise" but longer (bigger budget) cruises will be on Royal C as this was not an issue on my first ever cruise. JMO :-)

the solution is to sail Celebrity. their pool deck is sedate.

We shall see.

It's the spin that concerns me. When asked about the DJ, the overwhelming majority hated it.

Then 2 subsequent inquiries came out about the new shows, and the new platinum gift, and again, the majority hate it and stated such.

Yet he follows up with "I see some don't like the new shows and the new platinum gift".

Uh, some is not a synonym for MOST. Disingenuous at best.

If you get a email survey mention it there. If enough people do their surveys this way it has to sink in somehow :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The last e-mail survey I got was useless. It asked questions with a choice of answers. No place for any comments. It was rediculous almost to the point of:

A. "Do you like us a little" or

B. "Do you like us a lot."

My DH & I are both "loud music" people. In the summertime we have music blaring from our pool bar. We also have a ridiculous speaker setup on our recreational boat. The music and/or volume has never bothered either of us on any previous cruises. However, the last cruise on the Breeze in January, both of us agreed that the volume on the Lido deck was WAY too loud! I can't imagine what others who aren't used to loud music thought?

Archived