AQ Class guarantee... what's the worst that could happen??

cruise kitty

Hi, I have my favorite cabin booked, a starboard AQ on the hump with the biggest balcony, but the AQ guarantees are being offered for $800 less (total) than what I currently have booked... my question is, what's the worst that could happen? The overhang does not bother me, don't want sun, but I also don't want a blocked view... having a smaller balcony would not be a deal killer either... but we do put the larger balcony to use, we travel when there's a good chance of rain, & having the deep balcony with the overhang makes it possible to sit out there no matter what, DH does an hour or so of work out there each afternoon. I can't decide if it's worth the money savings, & I'd be thoroughly annoyed if we ended up with a cabin intended for special needs... Our number on priority is being able to dine in Blu, we have not interest in the MDR atmosphere or long dinners at specialty restaurants. Any advice???

If you are in the US, when you book a guarantee cabin, once they assign you to a cabin, you can request and change to any other available cabin in the same class. If you book a guarantee aqua and they assign you an A2, then you can switch to any available A2 if you don't like the cabin that they assigned. The only risk is that there are no other a2's available....so you are stuck where they assign you.....haven't seen that happen though.

If you are in the US, when you book a guarantee cabin, once they assign you to a cabin, you can request and change to any other available cabin in the same class. If you book a guarantee aqua and they assign you an A2, then you can switch to any available A2 if you don't like the cabin that they assigned. The only risk is that there are no other a2's available....so you are stuck where they assign you.....haven't seen that happen though.

Thank you! Is there any way I could end up with concierge class? I think AQ is considered a higher class, eating in Blu is a priority for us... & yes, we are in the U.S.

Thank you! Is there any way I could end up with concierge class? I think AQ is considered a higher class, eating in Blu is a priority for us... & yes, we are in the U.S.

Aqua Class is above Concierge Class; you would either receive Aqua Class or a suite. There is a chance you may be assigned an accessible stateroom; would be a larger room but some dislike the layout if they have no actual need for an accessible stateroom. Other risks would be being assigned a stateroom over/under a noisy venue and/or a stateroom all the way towards the aft or bow. For that kind of savings if it were me I would jump at and take the risk of the stateroom location not being ideal and/or having to deal with some noise.

Aqua Class is above Concierge Class; you would either receive Aqua Class or a suite. There is a chance you may be assigned an accessible stateroom; would be a larger room but some dislike the layout if they have no actual need for an accessible stateroom. Other risks would be being assigned a stateroom over/under a noisy venue and/or a stateroom all the way towards the aft or bow. For that kind of savings if it were me I would jump at and take the risk of the stateroom location not being ideal and/or having to deal with some noise.

Thanks for the advice! I'd feel terrible if we were assigned an accessible cabin, I wonder if I could make a note that I won't accept one, next step, Captain's Club call. :)

Hi, I have my favorite cabin booked, a starboard AQ on the hump with the biggest balcony, but the AQ guarantees are being offered for $800 less (total) than what I currently have booked... my question is, what's the worst that could happen? The overhang does not bother me, don't want sun, but I also don't want a blocked view... having a smaller balcony would not be a deal killer either... but we do put the larger balcony to use, we travel when there's a good chance of rain, & having the deep balcony with the overhang makes it possible to sit out there no matter what, DH does an hour or so of work out there each afternoon. I can't decide if it's worth the money savings, & I'd be thoroughly annoyed if we ended up with a cabin intended for special needs... Our number on priority is being able to dine in Blu, we have not interest in the MDR atmosphere or long dinners at specialty restaurants. Any advice???

Not sure if this is considered "the worst" but we were assigned an AQ guarantee under the gym/treadmills. We were able to move to the only other AQ cabin available which was below the Persian Gardens. (much better)

M

We depart on our 1st Celebrity cruise in less than a week--and we are staying an an Aqua A2 room. From my research the biggest issue with some of the Aqua rooms (mostly the A1) is where they are located---usually underneath something that can cause a bit of extra noise--is the swimming pool, lounge area, gym. And like what others have stated, once you get your room #, check the S cabin list at the TOP of the forum and see if its a nice room, if not, try and change to 1 within the same category. Best of luck

Thanks for the advice! I'd feel terrible if we were assigned an accessible cabin, I wonder if I could make a note that I won't accept one, next step, Captain's Club call. :)

We had an accessible cabin once... and loved it! So much more room between things and bathroom was REALLY nice. I'd consider it a bonus if they assigned me an accessible cabin.

Archived