Travel Insurance 2014 world cruise

FL..NC

I booked mine through Travel Guard. They tailored the policy to the areas I was most concerned with like medical costs, medical evacuation, etc. I did call about three or four companies rather than just looking on the websites to get what I wanted. If you have more questions, just ask.

I usually use Travel Guard for my travel insurance. But, for the world cruise, their insurance maximum would not cover the entire cost of the cruise. (It may be different now, however.) I had to use Access America since they would cover the full cruise cost.

I had an accident during the cruise (did not keep me from continuing the trip, though). There were some medical bills due to that accident that I incurred upon returning home. If I had been able to buy the policy from Travel Guard, they would have covered some of those costs. Access America would not do so.

I usually use Travel Guard for my travel insurance. But, for the world cruise, their insurance maximum would not cover the entire cost of the cruise. (It may be different now, however.) I had to use Access America since they would cover the full cruise cost.

I had an accident during the cruise (did not keep me from continuing the trip, though). There were some medical bills due to that accident that I incurred upon returning home. If I had been able to buy the policy from Travel Guard, they would have covered some of those costs. Access America would not do so.

Is Travel Guard the same price as Access America??

We've used Travel Guard for all four of or world cruises. Prices vary according to age of insured and total cost of trip (varies by cabin category booked). Fortunately we have never had a claim, but others on the boards who have used Travel Guard speak highly of it.

Archived