Aft balony or suite guarantee

Hi all,

I am booked on a 14 night European cruise in Sept. I was lucky enogh to get an Aft 1704 when I booked months ago. I could now upgrade to a Suite guarantee for an extra $600 in total. I know I will probably only end up with a JS suite as I am only platinum. Should I jump or not. The balcony on 1704 looks great so I don't know if it will be worth it or not- There are 3 of us - 2 adults and a child. We usually cruise balcony but the last few cruises were Family or Grand suite so the balcony cabin might seem a bit squishy thus time. Jennie

Thats a tough decision. I have never sailed in an aft balcony, but an extra 600 dollars for a suite guarantee on a 14 day cruise seems like a pretty good deal. If I were you I would take it especially if you are used to suites in the past.

Depends how much that aft is worth to you. For us, I'd go with the suite. For a 14 day cruise, a $600 total increment for a JS is very good deal. Especially with 3 in the stateroom, that extra room for 14 days will be nice. I don't know what ship you are on, but if it's a Voyager or Freedom class ship, then you'll have a walk-in closet too.

if you can afford it, go for the upgrade.

You should assume you will be assigned a JS, but not for the reason you stated. I do not think your C&A status influences gty assignments...whether newbie or D+, with a gty one rolls the dice and takes a chance on the assignment.

Archived