Ship time and local time

Hi....

This has prob been asked a zillion times before but I saw on a pic of the compass that someone posted that it said something about the ship staying on ship time rather than local time.

When we are in Cozumel will the ship time be diff to local time? And if so how?Just i want to book the dolphin experience directly and obv need to make sure we will get there in plenty of time and get back to the ship with plenty of time!!! If anyone can clarify this will be most grateful. On the HAL cruise I did last year the ship time was according to the local port time (which seems more sensible to me!!)

Thanks

Leanne

It's difficult to predict what the ship will do regarding setting the time. Some Captains keep the ship time the same the entire cruise, and others change the time. You might get an answer by posting this question in a recent roll call of your ship on the same itinerary, but that still does not guarantee what will happen on your cruise.

Of all the cruises I have been on, my last cruise on Liberty was the first time we had ever changed our clocks on the ship to be "closer" to port time. We went to Belize and Cozumel and were still and hour different from them but supposedly they thought being closer would help. Basically most of the passengers, including myself, were confused. People even showed up at dinner at the wrong time. I have been to Cozumel numerous times and we never changed times. I know they say it depends on the Captain but it was very confusing. I guess after a number of cruises I do not pay enough attention to the Cruise Compass. I will in the future!

Been on the Mariner docked next to the Allure in Cozumel and we were on two different times. I think we were on local time and they were hour ahead.

I believe that is because both stayed on local time from their original departure port, or in other terms both stayed on their respective ship times.

Always stay on ships time, then there are no worries. The daily compass will tell you if the ship time is changing.
Bad advice if you need to be somewhere based on local time.

Hi....

This has prob been asked a zillion times before but I saw on a pic of the compass that someone posted that it said something about the ship staying on ship time rather than local time.

When we are in Cozumel will the ship time be diff to local time? And if so how?Just i want to book the dolphin experience directly and obv need to make sure we will get there in plenty of time and get back to the ship with plenty of time!!! If anyone can clarify this will be most grateful. On the HAL cruise I did last year the ship time was according to the local port time (which seems more sensible to me!!)

Thanks

Leanne

Assuming you're asking about your March 30,2014 cruise, that occurs during one of the few weeks in the spring when there's a two hour time difference between Florida and Cozumel. This makes it really difficult to predict what will be done based on general experiences of others.

You're in port 10:00-7:00 ships time, which could be 8:00-5:00 local time. Your safest bet would be to book something that starts around 11:00 local time, and gets you back by around 4:00 local time. That should allow you to make it, and make it back, regardless of what the ship does as far as changing times.

Bad advice if you need to be somewhere based on local time.

Not bad advice since the ship departs on ship's time. Probably the second reason folks miss the ship. The first is ......... ;)

Archived