!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

So our plans were to go to the ice cream place that we saw when we got off the bus and then catch a bus to go to the aquarium. By the way that ice-cream place comes highly recommended and apparently they are famous, we never made it there.

Little did we know that the exit of the shortcut ended up in the Swizzle. I had read from numerous reviews that this place is also famous. So we decided to stop by and eat something. We were both hungry by then.

The Menu was really neat, it was a newspaper.

DSC07989_zpsbfb8dada.jpg

Yummy!! Tom-n-Cheryl - wings at the Swizzle Inn?? ;)

Then we stopped back in the store before leaving the aquarium. Overall a nice place and we had a great time there, I highly recommend it.

DSC08108_zps09ee15cb.jpg

DSC08110_zps1969259d.jpg

DSC08111_zps8c0fd4f4.jpg

DSC08112_zpsbfb28946.jpg

Ok folks, I will finish day 4 tomorrow. Gotta go make something to eat and relax a little.

Hope everyone enjoyed that last set :).

Hi, Gambee, great photos, I have really enjoyed all the details you shared, feel like was on the trip with you!! Look forward to reading more.

Thanks again.

Margie

One of the ladies got sick and she could not get to the bathroom and had to do her business right there....

Spinning the eggs.

DSC07645_zps51fee5bc.jpg

[/b][/color]

Oh God! When you described the lady barfing and the next photo up was this..I thought BLARGGHHHH!

:D

Gambee,

Wonderful pictures as always. The one's at the port with the endless blue are amazing. I am so glad the weather was better for you and Mom after the bummer of the X trip.

I really loved Bermuda when I was there on 12 hour port of call with Princess. It is so different than the Caribbean ports. I would love to hear your thoughts on what the Pro's and Con's are of sailing to Bermuda and just docking there for 3 days vs. island hopping (like in the Carib).

Do you have to be back on the ship at any time at night or are you free to come and go as you please?

Bill

PS: Good to see your pulling back the curtain with some self Gambee pics.

I don't know when the price increase for spa passes go into effect.

Just back today from May 26 sailing so may be someone already mentioned it... The spa prices were $199pp on our sailing.

The water in the hot tub was slightly warm all the time and half of the buttons in the hot tub and inside of the pool didn't work properly. Asked to check this, saw some "important looking" people standing around it. No changes.

I think Gambee mentioned it somewhere in the review already.. It was extremely hot and humid in the spa pool area all the time. We asked to increase ventilation twice, didn't feel the change at all.

And the strong smell of chlorine... Oh my..I spoke with the girl in the spa and she said that they must use that much chlorine because of the safety standards, etc, etc. It's understandable BUT in all our cruises I have never experienced such strong smell of chlorine in the spa area.

Long story short... We couldn't be in there for more than an hour a day . It wasn't enjoyable at all so we had to leave.

I wouldn't buy the spa passes again. This is only MY opinion for what it worth.

Edited by Aldeya

Aren't they so majestic?!

DSC08063_zps772c5ba4.jpg

Yes they are, and they are my most favorite bird in the world. I agree, the stench can be bad when there are a lot of them in one spot. Gorgeous though, you got some great shots.

Hi, Gambee, great photos, I have really enjoyed all the details you shared, feel like was on the trip with you!! Look forward to reading more.

Thanks again.

Margie

You're very welcome :)

Gambee, your Bermuda pictures are simply spectacular!

Glad you like them, thank you :).

Oh God! When you described the lady barfing and the next photo up was this..I thought BLARGGHHHH!

:D

I just noticed that :D

Gambee,

Wonderful pictures as always. The one's at the port with the endless blue are amazing. I am so glad the weather was better for you and Mom after the bummer of the X trip.

I really loved Bermuda when I was there on 12 hour port of call with Princess. It is so different than the Caribbean ports. I would love to hear your thoughts on what the Pro's and Con's are of sailing to Bermuda and just docking there for 3 days vs. island hopping (like in the Carib).

Do you have to be back on the ship at any time at night or are you free to come and go as you please?

Bill

PS: Good to see your pulling back the curtain with some self Gambee pics.

That is actually a really good topic. At first I was really hesitant about that Ittinerary, but let me tell you something 3 days are not enough for Bermuda. There is so much to do there!

You can come in and out from the **** at any time you like, it simply works like a hotel while you're there.

I remember telling my mom that I can see how people come year after year to Bermuda. That said I also miss the ship movement every night, I guess it has good things and bad.

I am really looking forward to going back to Bermuda aboard Quantum! Can't wait :)

Just back today from May 26 sailing so may be someone already mentioned it... The spa prices were $199pp on our sailing.

The water in the hot tub was slightly warm all the time and half of the buttons in the hot tub and inside of the pool didn't work properly. Asked to check this, saw some "important looking" people standing around it. No changes.

I think Gambee mentioned it somewhere in the review already.. It was extremely hot and humid in the spa pool area all the time. We asked to increase ventilation twice, didn't feel the change at all.

And the strong smell of chlorine... Oh my..I spoke with the girl in the spa and she said that they must use that much chlorine because of the safety standards, etc, etc. It's understandable BUT in all our cruises I have never experienced such strong smell of chlorine in the spa area.

Long story short... We couldn't be in there for more than an hour a day . It wasn't enjoyable at all so we had to leave.

I wouldn't buy the spa passes again. This is only MY opinion for what it worth.

Thank you very much for adding that information. It is just what I thought. I am now very glad that we did not spend that money for the spa!

Edited by gambee

Yes they are, and they are my most favorite bird in the world. I agree, the stench can be bad when there are a lot of them in one spot. Gorgeous though, you got some great shots.

They indeed beautiful animals :)

Thanks do much for your reply going to catch up on our latest posts now. I am in NYC next weekend and wondering the best point of view from land, hope to Go on Brekaway later in the year but would love to see from land thanks gambee

I would say the Intrepid Museum would be the very best place to view it. You're directly across from it.

Hi gambee, just wanted to let you know that you did get the right church in your picture (the grey church on pg 43) it's called St Peter's Church.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my home as much as I am enjoying reading your review. Your reviews need warning labels though - reading them makes me want to book more cruises, which is not good for my bank account ;)

Hi gambee, just wanted to let you know that you did get the right church in your picture (the grey church on pg 43) it's called St Peter's Church.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my home as much as I am enjoying reading your review. Your reviews need warning labels though - reading them makes me want to book more cruises, which is not good for my bank account ;)

Cool, thank you for the info.

We did indeed loved Bermuda, I think it is our favorite Island now. There is just so much to do there, we had a grand time!

Gambee, thank you so much for your review, I can't wait to read more. I spent many hours today reading it. Wonderful! I will be on the Breakaway in January, different itinerary but love seeing the different aspects of the ship. I will be on a deck 9 AFT and am so excited for that balcony.:D Judy

Gambee, I've been to Bermuda a few times, dating back to 1963. It's the birthplace of my maternal grandparents. Your pictures make me want to go back now!! The last time I went was 2004. The NCL Crown (since sold) docked in Hamilton; then the next day it was docked in St. Georges and finally the last day was King's Wharf.

Gambee, thank you so much for your review, I can't wait to read more. I spent many hours today reading it. Wonderful! I will be on the Breakaway in January, different itinerary but love seeing the different aspects of the ship. I will be on a deck 9 AFT and am so excited for that balcony.:D Judy

Your balcony is going to be huge! I hope you have a wonderful cruse. Thank you so much for being a part of it.

Gambee, I've been to Bermuda a few times, dating back to 1963. It's the birthplace of my maternal grandparents. Your pictures make me want to go back now!! The last time I went was 2004. The NCL Crown (since sold) docked in Hamilton; then the next day it was docked in St. Georges and finally the last day was King's Wharf.

That sounds pretty neat, it would also save money in the transportation. But I guess these new mega monsters are stuck docking in the Dockyard.

Gambee: Even as a somewhat cynical long-time cruiser, I really enjoy your reviews for the hard work and enthusiasm that you put into them.

I love the fact that you have no "agenda" and you go to enjoy yourself. Your photos are great and you are very gracious in responding to people's requests and posts! I am looking forward to my Breakaway sailing next year! (even though you didn't love my S7 cabin .... )

I just wanted to say something about your reviews that seems to get neglected. Your pictures are simply phenomenal and we all know that but I think you need to get a thumbs up on your writing. I've followed since Allure and I have to say I can see improvements in your grammar and vocabulary! Seriously, kids in my school aren't as advanced as you and English isn't even your first language! Kudos to you!

You are making me so JEALOUS with all of those beautiful Bermuda pictures; that water! :rolleyes: So when are we all going on Quantum?! :D

Edited by swim13

Oh my, I've been reading for three hours and still on page 35. Thanks so much for all the info and pictures. We won't be going on the Breakaway but can't wait for the Getaway to come to Florida.

Sarah in Weston, how are you liking 595? :eek: We are right off Flamingo so it's killing me.

DH says "lights out" so will catch up tomorrow. Thanks again for all the work you have put into this!