!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee... You pushed me over the edge! Have been thinking about canceling the cruise for weeks now and while I'm still not happy about service related issues and some things on the Breakaway compared to other ships, I finally decided to make the final payment. So... I am now committed to this cruise in August. Hopefully the weather is as nice but not tooo hot.

Thank you! :)

I am sure you will be glad you did, the ship is stunning, and the island is like no other. Hopefully by the time you get there, they will have fixed some of the service issues.

NCL did you hear that? ;)

I looks like I am selling cruises yet again :D

these are the itineraries for Quantum! hope it helps, none of them say Bermuda but who knows! http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/itineraries/ ALSO LOVING THE REVIEW GAMBEE :)

Thank you :)

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee! I love the pictures of Horseshoe Bay - I have some of the exact same shots - I love seeing Bermuda through your eyes too! I'll share some of my pictures on your FB page, I think you'll get a laugh out of the similar shots :)

And I agree with EVERYTHING you said about Bermuda. I absolutely love it there - it's one of the islands I could go and actually stay for a vacation. The closest I've found is Grand Cayman but I've only been there once. If only I could arrange a long cruise that visited both of those ports for a few days each....hey, a girl can dream, right?!?

Loving the review!

Stunning, stunning pictures of Horseshoe Bay. The blue of the sea the black rock and blue sky, just wonderful.

I really do feel that I am getting a real eye-witness account when I read your review. It is so much more than a review. It is a " this is where I was, this is what I saw and you can see it too" kind of account. Love it!

thank you, that is exactly what I try to do with my reviews. To let experience what I did :)

Gambee - I have followed all of your reviews and must tell you they are wonderful! I was particularly interested in this one since Bermuda has always been my all-time favorite place to vacation!!!! I went there 3 years in a row (all land vacations) and spent a total of 36 days there. Still not enough! :D

Since I too live in Florida (and am not a fan of flying anymore) I now tend to stick with the Caribbean cruises out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale, but I have always wanted to go back to Bermuda. The only place I have been that even comes close to those beautiful waters is Bonaire - but Bermuda is still my favorite. Wonderful island - wonderful people! You needed to go to the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton. Maybe next time?

Thanks for "taking us with you"!

I am glad I can bring you back good memories :). Like I said Bermuda has so much to do, that we will most likely be going back to Bermuda some day. You know MSC has cruises out of Ft.lauderdale that go to Bermuda. I think they had one this past April.

It is always nice to hear from a fan, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review :)

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee! I love the pictures of Horseshoe Bay - I have some of the exact same shots - I love seeing Bermuda through your eyes too! I'll share some of my pictures on your FB page, I think you'll get a laugh out of the similar shots :)

And I agree with EVERYTHING you said about Bermuda. I absolutely love it there - it's one of the islands I could go and actually stay for a vacation. The closest I've found is Grand Cayman but I've only been there once. If only I could arrange a long cruise that visited both of those ports for a few days each....hey, a girl can dream, right?!?

Loving the review!

You know what it is? the spot is just picture perfect, some of the best views of the ocean I found in horseshoe.

I would love to do those 2 ports in one cruise as well. I think even though we got some pretty bad weather in Cayman, that was probably our favorite island of the Western carib. Although I heard recently that they are just as bad with the gay issue as Jamaica is :-/

Oh boy! We just get back from our Alaskan cruise on Celebrity Solstice and on top of all of the work I have to catch up on... Gambee started another awesome review of his cruise!

Aurgh!!! As if I don't have enough to do; now, I have read every page of this review! :p I'll never get my work done if Gambee continues to go on cruises just so he can review them! :D

You are doing an awesome job, Gambee! It will take me longer to read this review; but I will do it! Thanks for sharing!

I would love to do those 2 ports in one cruise as well. I think even though we got some pretty bad weather in Cayman, that was probably our favorite island of the Western carib. Although I heard recently that they are just as bad with the gay issue as Jamaica is :-/

That's terrible...I hope that isn't true! Would be very disappointed...:(

Oh boy! We just get back from our Alaskan cruise on Celebrity Solstice and on top of all of the work I have to catch up on... Gambee started another awesome review of his cruise!

Aurgh!!! As if I don't have enough to do; now, I have read every page of this review! :p I'll never get my work done if Gambee continues to go on cruises just so he can review them! :D

You are doing an awesome job, Gambee! It will take me longer to read this review; but I will do it! Thanks for sharing!

You're very welcome, I hope you had a great cruise in Alaska. That is in our bucket list, who knows maybe next year :)

That's terrible...I hope that isn't true! Would be very disappointed...:(

Apparently it is :-/, I did some research on it after I heard about it.

Gambee, I agree with you. Horsehoe Bay is truly one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. I want to thank you again for your photos. We were there last year and when I look at your pictures I can see myself sitting by those rocks. The flowers in Bermuda are amazing!! It is like a beautiful fantasy world :)

these are the itineraries for Quantum! hope it helps, none of them say Bermuda but who knows! http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/itineraries/ ALSO LOVING THE REVIEW GAMBEE :)

Through April 2015, at least. I think they are going to add to this, based on what I am reading. She is scheduled to call in St. Maartan every two weeks starting in May 2015, which coincides with the 5 day Bermuda/9 day Caribbean-Bermuda run that Explorer does in the summer.

Also, some are reporting on the Countdown to the Quantum of the Seas board that she is scheduled to call in Bar Harbor, Maine in August, September and October, as well as Portland.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1855411

I never post on these forums I have just been stalking the Everything Breakaway thread and my roll call thread for weeks to read what people were saying. I just had to post to say your review is amazing and extremely informative! I can use this information when planning any cruise in the future.

I got back from my trip on the Breakaway Sunday and have been dieing to read your review. I friended you on facebook before I left for my cruise at least since I knew I wouldn't be able to read your review before we left. I got off work early today and had planned to catch up on the work I missed in my summer classes last week, but I got completely distracted in this thread! I made it to Day 1 and realized I need to get to work!!! I will finish reading it throughout this week, but I had to stop to say thanks so much for the great information! Even though I already went on the cruise I love reading your story. We are thinking about doing the Breakaway again next year with my boyfriends family with us this time. Glad you and your mom had such a great time!

Wicked awesome review so far Gambee. I have a question about the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach. It seems the bus stop location in Dockyard has moved since I was last there. Is the new bus stop clearly marked? Also did you take the regular #7 bus to Horseshoe or did you take the special/direct bus? Thanks.

Fantastic review and photos Gambee!!! On your FB page you had a photo holding 2 business cards for Bermuda Wifi. How did you go about purchasing the 3 day plan?

Thanks

On the first day in bermuda of the review I wrote the details for the place to purchase them and how the work. I also posted a picture of the place you can purchase them.

Gambee, I agree with you. Horsehoe Bay is truly one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. I want to thank you again for your photos. We were there last year and when I look at your pictures I can see myself sitting by those rocks. The flowers in Bermuda are amazing!! It is like a beautiful fantasy world :)

You're very welcome, glad you liked them :)

I never post on these forums I have just been stalking the Everything Breakaway thread and my roll call thread for weeks to read what people were saying. I just had to post to say your review is amazing and extremely informative! I can use this information when planning any cruise in the future.

I got back from my trip on the Breakaway Sunday and have been dieing to read your review. I friended you on facebook before I left for my cruise at least since I knew I wouldn't be able to read your review before we left. I got off work early today and had planned to catch up on the work I missed in my summer classes last week, but I got completely distracted in this thread! I made it to Day 1 and realized I need to get to work!!! I will finish reading it throughout this week, but I had to stop to say thanks so much for the great information! Even though I already went on the cruise I love reading your story. We are thinking about doing the Breakaway again next year with my boyfriends family with us this time. Glad you and your mom had such a great time!

I hope you had a great time on your cruise :). Thank you for taking the time to read the review, I hope you like it :)

Wicked awesome review so far Gambee. I have a question about the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach. It seems the bus stop location in Dockyard has moved since I was last there. Is the new bus stop clearly marked? Also did you take the regular #7 bus to Horseshoe or did you take the special/direct bus? Thanks.

I think it was a direct special bus, no stops until horseshoe. The bus stop is not clearly market, but all the buses are there, and you just have to ask the drivers which bus takes you where. Its pretty simple.

So remember that I told you that I found a little cave for my mom? When I got back my mom told me that there were a couple of long tails inside there relaxing. This cave was pitch black, the light that you see was created by my flash. The only reason I found the long tails is because one of them made a loud noise when I started getting to close to them.

Anyway here are the pictures.

DSC08574_zpsb6d3d533.jpg

DSC08577_zps4e45a31f.jpg

How cute are they?

DSC08579_zps18fea7b1.jpg

That is the opening that they use to come in an out.

DSC08586_zpsd59b51f5.jpg

DSC08588_zps1e3cdcbe.jpg

I checked later on and saw just this little guy there.

DSC08604_zps9e990ace.jpg

I think this is my money shot from the day!

DSC08606_zps61453711.jpg

After sometime snorkeling, taking pictures and relaxing, we decided to go get something to eat.

DSC08617_zps070a0655.jpg

DSC08615_zpsdc67aef0.jpg

DSC08614_zps0d8022d3.jpg

DSC08613_zpsae5d00a3.jpg

Mom got a hot dog and I got the fish sandwich. Mine was actually pretty bad, the fish was not good and saggy. Everything else was pretty good, but I would not recommend the fish. By the way the fish and chips use the same fish as mine did. I think the total was about $26, but I cannot recall exactly how much.

DSC08610_zps8cf24a1c.jpg

DSC08612_zpsb96118c5.jpg

We ate and relaxed for a little, my mom had fun feeding the birds most of the bread from her hot dog. We then decided that we should go and relax by the dockyard a little, I think mom wanted to do some shopping.

On the way out.

The rental prices.

DSC08616_zpsa7238384.jpg

DSC08618_zps526cb026.jpg

DSC08620_zps12de0618.jpg

We then took the mini-bus to the top for $2 each and a few minutes later the bus came and picked us up. Buses come often, we never encountered a long wait for buses.

These pics were taken from the Bus.

DSC08625_zpsd491e0f6.jpg

DSC08626_zpsc3840287.jpg

DSC08633_zps281b4af3.jpg

That tour must be fun.

DSC08635_zps0a426a06.jpg

DSC08638_zpsb518c0d0.jpg

DSC08653_zps8591db32.jpg

See the pelican?

DSC08655_zps7310d41c.jpg

DSC08660_zps7fbce30a.jpg

I am not sure if you all know, but something that I found a little odd is that they have their maximum security prison right next to the dockyard. And that is actually where they park a lot of the buses.

DSC08663_zps1f951a6b.jpg

DSC08666_zps1e0afed0.jpg

The dockyard.

DSC08671_zpsd7be77f9.jpg

Going back aboard.

DSC08672_zps1c3b2fdf.jpg

When we got to the room I noticed that by mistake I left the do not disturb sign on and the room went undone. Juana did tell us that she was a little worried, because she had already learned our schedule. But they are not allowed to check while the do not disturb sign is on. I also heard this happening to someone else, I am sure it will be something that might happen every so often with this new system.

DSC08673_zpsdc19180d.jpg

We showered and got ready to go shopping in the dockyard.

I took a few pics on the way there.

DSC08681_zps87971e95.jpg

DSC08683_zps341cec64.jpg

DSC08684_zpsb48578b4.jpg

Maltings.

DSC08685_zpsbdbcee3d.jpg

The humidor lounge, to the left. I failed to get any pics of it.

DSC08686_zps3659331a.jpg

Bus stop.

DSC08713_zps1ce32a8e.jpg

A better picture of that moped.

DSC08717_zps8554a71e.jpg

This is the little hut that you can purchase the shore excursions, and get some considerable savings. I had been thinking about what to do on the third day in Bermuda. And since NCL was generous enough of helping me save money with the denial of the entrance of Blue for $35, we decided to use part of that money and book a sailing tour for the next day.

Just so you know NCL sells that tour for $80, and we paid $65 in that little place. It is the same sailing boat as the NCL excursion. So you have the guarantee that the cruise ship wont leave without you because all the people that booked through NCL are still there with you.

DSC08718_zps32343558.jpg

Walking towards the shopping area.

DSC08719_zpsc34ebfb7.jpg

DSC08720_zps87f45336.jpg

DSC08721_zpsb4f7a09b.jpg