!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

oh my my my, Sarah we gotta talk later on, lol

Lol, I was there, how cool is that?!?!

Oh my my my on myself!!

After a red-eye flight from Vegas to Ft Lauderdale, working straight through the day, sleeping 10 hours after that, then working again today while sick... I gotta tell you, it takes its toll on me!

Turns out that the catamaran excursion in Grand Turk does indeed go to the drop-off... but the good thing is that its 15-20 feet before the drop-off and if you want to avoid it, just don't swim near it lol! :D

Love the interior of the ship. The contemporary style is my favorite. Wonderful pictures!

Hi there! Just had to interrupt Gambee's review (sorry Gambee!) to say hi and let you know we'll be on the same Quantum sailing 1/11/15. Our roll call is pretty active, with a year and a half to go! Okay, sorry Gambee, continue...

Gambee, have to sneak in and thank you sincerely for posting this amazing review. We sail on the Breakaway this Sunday and it is now all about packing and lists and nerves and excitement. To take a break from the hubbub to relax and enjoy your photos is a welcome diversion....so.... thank you!

I have one little comment regarding your encounter with Peter Max. I totally agree that he should have been friendlier and much more polite. However, I think celebrities should be given a little consideration regarding their right to privacy when they are not engaged in a public appearance at an event or function. I'll bet if he knew about your large fan following, he would have been a lot nicer!quote]

I'll disagree. Peter Max just being on the Breakaway, was engaged in a public appearance at an event- the ship's cruise.

Hi Gambee,

Long-time lurker, first time posting directly to you. Loving your review. Just a tip. If you would like more colorful underwater photos you either need a bigger, brighter flash. (Think DSLR with a flash around the camera lens). Or an external light source (e.g. a bright flashlight). I learned this on a glass bottom boat once. That is how shows like the ones on Discovery get the beautiful colors of the reef and fish. Hope this helps. (Camera experts feel free to correct me I am wrong, I am by no means an expert photographer).

Edited by Keeper420

Those two houses have some stunning views, just imagine walking up every day to that view.

DSC08964_zps6f875c9e.jpg

DSC08972_zps467a373b.jpg

We stayed there for about another hour or so, they gave out some complimentary swizzle. I thought it was just juice, I swear I could not taste a drop of alcohol in it. But that was a good thing, it was too early to start drinking and the juice hit the spot after snorkeling.

And then my friends they started to unfold the sail. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my body, I am not entirely sure what it is about sailing that I am so passionate about. I guess I simply love it!!

DSC08977_zps1bc3b8be.jpg

DSC08978_zps307db0f5.jpg

DSC08979_zpse70992bb.jpg

A thing of beauty.

DSC08980_zps2717f9ff.jpg

There was a little pushback on the Peter Max comment. It seems some think because Peter Max painted the ship and is doing a promotion appearance/event(s) on behalf of NCL he has no right to personal time and has to be ON and available to anyone who wants to approach him the entire time he is on the cruise. We are going to disagree on that one. I clearly stated he was rude and I agree he should not have behaved that way EVER to anyone no matter what! But I don't think he is working for NCL 24/7 for the entire cruise. I don't know him, don't have an opinion about liking him, (although I do like his art), and, from Gambee's encounter he sounds pretty obnoxious and annoying. Just stating my personal opinion regarding his (and everyone else's) right to privacy.

BTW, Gambee, underwater shots look great.

And we were on our way =)

DSC08985_zps1b950330.jpg

DSC08994_zps7c3467d2.jpg

I tried getting a picture from the side of the boat, but I was not very successful.

DSC08998_zps32eca9bf.jpg

There was a jet ski with a bunch of people playing passing us by. I think it had 4 people in it.

DSC09003_zps58bc94e7.jpg

I guess now is a good time to use the super wide angle lens, too bad I sold it.

DSC09005_zps43e5fd2e.jpg

Here is a little video.

You can't see it but there was a little turtle there, I missed her by one second.

DSC09012_zps7bdd0a98.jpg

I took some pictures of the interior of the Cat,

DSC09017_zps57cfa1d5.jpg

DSC09018_zps22679f64.jpg

DSC09020_zpsa2fd0230.jpg

DSC09022_zpsd323cda2.jpg

Breakaway in the distance.

DSC09025_zpsae83e9fd.jpg

At some point in time it got very windy and the girls in front of us almost lost their towel, we saved it. I guess we must of not tied up my mom's shoes safely because in a mater of seconds my mom's shoe took off and landed in the ocean :(.

Here is the sole survivor.

DSC09028_zpsea6a229e.jpg

When we got back home she went to store to buy another pair, but she had to pre-order it because they stopped making the white model.

DSC09032_zps5a6de848.jpg

DSC09039_zps10ad98d9.jpg

While we were getting closer I started taking pictures of the cruise ships. I think I got some pretty nice shots of them.

DSC09044_zpsb0c352fc.jpg

DSC09046_zps05ab5677.jpg

DSC09071_zps78c63f1e.jpg

DSC09086_zps893d5bcc.jpg

And then we docked, most everyone gave them a little something. I was very glad to see that. After all she did a great job, and she was a total blast. I did not get to interact much with the captain, but he seemed like a really chill dude. I just loved the entire feel of this excursion. Although I have to admit that It would been much better if we stopped in two locations instead of just one.

DSC09090_zps4c363050.jpg

DSC09094_zpsdf7fe97d.jpg

We went up to the room to change and shower. I took a picture from the balcony.

DSC09105_zps02ff2dc2.jpg

Then we decided to go to the uptown grill for lunch, I really liked this place. I am not sure why it got such negative reviews from everyone I talked to. This place is perfect for me. It lacks the lines and congestion that the buffet has and it offer some great burgers!

DSC09108_zps4a4bb133.jpg

My mom's, she loved it!

DSC09109_zps05a5d0b2.jpg

And mine, you know I am predictable. Same old, same old.

DSC09110_zpsf00c6808.jpg

And our fantastic view!

DSC09111_zps563b5851.jpg

And there is the cat leaving in another excursion.

DSC09113_zps28723d14.jpg

One of the things that I like the most about Breakaway was the space in-between the glass in the upper decks. It allows for some exposure of the ocean breeze, but without it becoming overwhelming.

DSC09115_zpsf48d48f6.jpg

The place was getting a little action.

DSC09116_zps36ab329c.jpg

After a very nice lunch and with our tummies full, we decided to go the mall because my mom wanted to get another souvenir.

I took some pictures on the way there.

DSC09117_zpse68ac01e.jpg

DSC09118_zps2d85fce7.jpg

DSC09120_zps853fa61c.jpg

Some nice live music on the pool.

DSC09121_zps5cd388b6.jpg

While I waited for my mom to buy her little souvenir, I took some pictures of one of the stores there. They had some interesting items in there, I think was the busiest store.

Love that sign

DSC09124_zps0d5ffe9a.jpg

DSC09125_zps13d51406.jpg

DSC09126_zpsb3c2878e.jpg

They have lazier lights reflecting on the floor.

DSC09127_zps3577fe3e.jpg

After she had purchased something we decided to go and check out the glass store and rum cake factory.

On the way there they have a moped rental place.

DSC09128_zps27daaa91.jpg

DSC09129_zpsf3418642.jpg

Here are the prices.

DSC09130_zpsf10de1ef.jpg

Just be careful when you rent them. A little side story here, I absolutely love motorcycles, but I have grown to respect them a lot after two near death experiences. I used to have a Suzuki 500 for a long time and never had an accident. But when I sold that one and bought the GSXR 750, is when I starting messing up. What can I say, I was young and stupid. Both accidents were very bad, in the first one the helmet cracked in half, and I lost most of my back with road rash. I am very lucky that I have few scars.

The second one could of been really bad, the only reason I did not suffer so many injuries were because I had a full racing suit. Most of the suit was damaged and on a few pressure point it ate through the suit until I got road rash. I lost my shoes and never found them and injured my foot after a Lexus went over it. Actually it took us like 10 minutes to find the bike that time, she had kept on going.

Let it be said, that I paid dearly on both accidents, Not only financially, but even emotionally. I think having my back washed every day is possibly the painful event in my life EVER! And for the record, I think I have broken just about every bone in my body (I used to skateboard as a child). So trust me, I know pain...

So like I said, while I love bikes, now I have total respect for them. I am not sure if I will ever touch one again, but I like say that I wont.

Even my Ex-bf had to get air lifted once from I-95, bikes are just too dangerous, and even more so in South Florida.

Anyway back to the story, here are the mopeds.

DSC09132_zps947bd33c.jpg

We kept on walking looking for the place.

I guess we were on the right path.

DSC09133_zps839edd9b.jpg

DSC09134_zps71f4bddc.jpg

DSC09135_zps937ca67e.jpg

DSC09136_zps45c1971a.jpg

We finally made it there, and they were holding a little show.

DSC09140_zpsca1297c3.jpg

We headed towards the left that is where the rum factory is. I wanted to try a few of the rum cakes to possibly bring one home for my boyfriend. In all honesty I tried two of them, and they were not that good. I like the ones from the other islands much much better than this ones. But let it be said that the lady next to us said that the ones in Bermuda are so much better than all the other ones. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

I took a few pictures of the store.

DSC09141_zps09243b0f.jpg

DSC09142_zps9b508b1c.jpg

The prices were reasonable.

DSC09143_zpsc0009b09.jpg

DSC09144_zps33ebbb1b.jpg

After we tried the cakes we headed to the other side of the warehouse to the glass store. The glass art was absolutely amazing, I was in love with just about half of the store. But I did not buy anything, everything was just so expensive! My mom wanted to buy some earrings, but the lines were so long that she just decided to leave. I tried persuading her to just wait in line, but she decided otherwise.

DSC09145_zpsbb12d80c.jpg

DSC09147_zps49ac3d08.jpg

DSC09149_zps4ff4f81b.jpg

DSC09152_zps9ee5b85d.jpg

DSC09154_zps69c8e87e.jpg

DSC09155_zpsd9daca88.jpg

DSC09158_zpsde5dc96f.jpg

DSC09160_zps9edfb803.jpg

DSC09161_zpsd2730b0c.jpg

DSC09162_zps4897142e.jpg

DSC09163_zps00b31090.jpg

This one was so cute.

DSC09165_zpsfa7ecc25.jpg

Ok that is about it for this set, I have to run to work. I should be able to catch up with all the comments tomorrow, and finish the review this weekend.

Edited by gambee