Anthem coming to Southampton

Apologies if this info has been posted before.

We've just come back from a lovely 8 night Norway cruise on Independence where it was announced during the C&A welcome back party and the Top Tier event that the Anthem of the Seas would spend the summer in Southampton during 2015.

Very excited!

We've just come back from a lovely 8 night Norway cruise on Independence where it was announced during the C&A welcome back party and the Top Tier event that the Anthem of the Seas would spend the summer in Southampton during 2015.

Very excited!

Did they mention where she'll home port after that? :)

Did they mention where she'll home port after that? :)

As this ship class is designed for all weather cruising I wouldn't be surprised to see her remain UK homeported year round, doing 10-14 day Canaries and Madeira in Winter similar to P&O. Would seem a winner to me!

As this ship class is designed for all weather cruising I wouldn't be surprised to see her remain UK homeported year round, doing 10-14 day Canaries and Madeira in Winter similar to P&O. Would seem a winner to me!

Definitely a possibility. :D

No, I don't think they did.

Thank you. :)

I was on Indy 2weeks ago and Capt Remo also made that announcement at the welcome back meet.

I was sure he said Anthem would remain in the Uk all year round while Indy & Adventure went stateside in the winter.

It will all be down to booking numbers and costs/profit in the end.

I was hoping Anthem was going to come to Florida, but I would be ok with Anthem staying in the UK if it means Indy would come and do year round 5night/4night caribbean cruises. Then again, maybe Indy ends up not in Florida. Who knows. We live in exciting times people!!

I was hoping Anthem was going to come to Florida, but I would be ok with Anthem staying in the UK if it means Indy would come and do year round 5night/4night caribbean cruises. Then again, maybe Indy ends up not in Florida. Who knows. We live in exciting times people!!

I think the Anthem may end up in Miami to compete with Norwegian's Getaway. Time will tell. :cool: :)

With Oasis and Allure just up the road in FLL I'm not sure RCI management will be too concerned about the Getaway.

I think they would possibly reintroduce 10/11 night Caribbean itineraries. :-)

Excellent news. Just looked at the Quantum cruises and they have a transatlantic in October 2014, just after my transatlantic on Oasis :(, so that ain't gonna happen. I'll hang on for the Anthem and sail with her instead :D

Very excited!

Sounds like a good rumor.

That would be a good move IMHO. Then, when Oasis 3 comes out, I imagine it would go down to Fort Lauderdale and displace Oasis or Allure which would go elsewhere (Europe? Asia? who knows)

Archived