Anthem coming to Southampton

I suspect Anthem will spend that summer out of Southampton before being moved to the U.S. after hurricane season is over (November or so). A Miami home port is rumored, with 2016 being the first real main year of U.S. Caribbean destinations.

They've run that drill before - Nov-May in U.S. - move ships to Europe for the summer months.

Well the rumor I heard from a higher up was that Anthem would join Quantum in Bayonne and they would rotate itineraries like Oasis and Allure do.

Then when the 3rd Oasis class comes out Oasis is going to Asia.

:D

And that IS what I heard. And it wasn't from a bartender. ;)

Gina

Well the rumor I heard from a higher up was that Anthem would join Quantum in Bayonne and they would rotate itineraries like Oasis and Allure do.

Then when the 3rd Oasis class comes out Oasis is going to Asia.

:D

And that IS what I heard. And it wasn't from a bartender. ;)

Gina

Stateroom attendant?;)

As this ship class is designed for all weather cruising I wouldn't be surprised to see her remain UK homeported year round, doing 10-14 day Canaries and Madeira in Winter similar to P&O. Would seem a winner to me!

I like your thinking.

Perhaps RCI could consider Liverpool, if not for Anthem, perhaps another ship?

There are already 50 cruise ships booked to visit Liverpool. Newcomers in 2014 include a visit by MSC and three turnarounds by Thomson Cruises.

Celebrity Infinity will make nine calls at Liverpool during the next two years so how about it RCI?.

Stateroom attendant?;)

I don't know if you are getting warmer or not. :D

I never reveal sources unless they ask me to but I will say this person has been a guest blogger on Adam's blog. Of course that doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. ;)

Gina

I like your thinking.

Perhaps RCI could consider Liverpool, if not for Anthem, perhaps another ship?

There are already 50 cruise ships booked to visit Liverpool. Newcomers in 2014 include a visit by MSC and three turnarounds by Thomson Cruises.

Celebrity Infinity will make nine calls at Liverpool during the next two years so how about it RCI?.

That would be even better! :D With P&O's new ship also due to be delivered in 2015 Southampton Docks will be packed to the rafters.

I'd love to see RCI sailing out of my home city of Liverpool and I hope the recent delegation from the cruise line enjoyed their visit and were impressed by both the city and the plans we have for the future.

Sounds like a good rumor.

Mmm, less of a rumour, more of an announcement made by the Crown and Anchor rep in front of several hundred people at the welcome back meet - and according to a previous post, the Captain of Indy at an earlier welcome meet.

Fingers crossed it happens, as it only takes me 1.5 hours to get from my home to the Windjammer on embarkation day! :D

I was on Indy 2weeks ago and Capt Remo also made that announcement at the welcome back meet.

I was sure he said Anthem would remain in the Uk all year round while Indy & Adventure went stateside in the winter.

It will all be down to booking numbers and costs/profit in the end.

Wow, great!!!! :):):):):)

At forst I thought Anthem will come to Barcelona, but Southampton sounds also great!!

What might happen to Independence or Adventure - maybe one ship stays year round in the Caribbean? maybe Adventure may be based year-round in San Juan in 2015, so Jewel could move to Northen Europe or Alaska!! :D

There is definitely going to be a big shuffle in the fleet over the next several years.

My best guess is Anthem is homeported in the UK year round, most likely Southampton. Quantum stays in Jersey, and the third ship in the series splits her year between Miami and Europe OR goes to Australia / Alaska replacing the Voyager who then goes to Asia year round. I could see Rhapsody staying in Australia year round and Quantum III replacing her in Alaska in the summers.

As far as Oasis class are concerned, I feel strongly that at least one of the three homeports in Port Canaveral year round and the other two stay in FLL year round. IF they build a fourth ship I could see them send one ship to Europe in the summer and then home porting it FLL/Miami during the winter doing 6/8 night runs.

Berthing space in FLL/Miami is currently almost at saturation point so at some point they are going to have start moving some ships elsewhere.

They have already done that with the Vision of the Sea for 2012/13 and Legend of the Seas for 2013/14 and 2014/15

Sadly the other competitors deploy better ships on these itineraries!! :mad:

Why doesn't RCI use a Radiance-class ship for these cruises???

My best guess is Anthem is homeported in the UK year round, most likely Southampton. Quantum stays in Jersey, and the third ship in the series splits her year between Miami and Europe OR goes to Australia / Alaska replacing the Voyager who then goes to Asia year round. I could see Rhapsody staying in Australia year round and Quantum III replacing her in Alaska in the summers.

i could imagine the following (2015):

-Anthem - Med and Canary Is. from Southampton year-round

-Quantum - US Notheast and Caribbean from Cape Liberty (might she also go to Canada/New England)

-Independence: Med and Canary Is. from Southampton, Caribbean from FL

-Liberty: med from Barcelona, Caribbean from FL or New Orleans

-Freedom: Caribbean from Port Canaveral

-Mariner: Asia

-Navigator: Caribbean from Galveston

-Adventure: Caribbean from San Juan

-Explorer: Asia, same repositioning via Europe and Suez Canal as Mariner in 2013

-Voyager: Australia/NZ

-Jewel: Alaska (Seattle) or Northern Europe (Harwich), maybe Canada/NE, Panama Canal or TA, Caribbean from San Juan

-Serenade: Med from Barcelona and Venice, TA, Caribbean from New Orleans or Panama Canal

-Brilliance: Northern Europe from Harwich or Amsterdam, maybe Hamburg, TA, Canada/NE, Caribbean

-Radiance: Alaska, Hawaii, TP, Australia/NZ

-Vision: Caribbean from FL

-Rhapsody: Alaska, Hawaii, TP, Australia/NZ

-Enchantment: Bahamas

-Grandeur: see Quantum from Baltimore

-Splendour: Med from Venice, TA, South America

-Legend: Northern Europe from Copenhagen and Stockholm, TA, Caribbean

-Majesty: Bahamas

These are my thoughts. Can't wait to see the new itineraries!!! :D

Would Quantum be too large for Canada/NE and the Voyager-class-ships too large for Alaska??

Isn't Anthem too large for Alaska? :confused:

I think Anthem sails from Southampton and maybe another third ship (I assume Jewel otS) moves to Alaska?

When are the new, larger Panama Canal locks finished?

Currently set for mid 2015.

Sadly the other competitors deploy better ships on these itineraries!! :mad:

Why doesn't RCI use a Radiance-class ship for these cruises???

Too bad that RCI did not pick up the option to build a 5th Radiance Class years ago. They are pretty versatile ships.

Isn't Anthem too large for Alaska? :confused:

I think Anthem sails from Southampton and maybe another third ship (I assume Jewel otS) moves to Alaska?

When are the new, larger Panama Canal locks finished?

Panama Canal's locks will be finished in 2014 I think. The problem may not be the locks but the Bridge of the Americas. According to Wikipedia "The highest point of the bridge is 117 m (384 ft) above mean sea level; the clearance under the main span is 61.3 m (201 ft) at high tide. Ships must cross under this bridge when traversing the canal, and are subject to this height restriction. (The Centennial Bridge is also a fixed obstacle, but its clearance is much higher: 80.0 m (262 ft))."

I'm not sure how this affects various RCI ships. However, it seems like RCI could do the round trip Panama Canal from Fort Lauderdale using the Gatun locks with bigger ships.

Archived