Europe cruises in 2014?

kirasmom

When do they get announced? We've decided on European cruise for 10th anniversary instead of Hawaii. We'd ideally be traveling next August since we will bring our daughter.

Sorry, Carnival is not sailing Europe next year. You will have to check out other lines. They announced this a few weeks ago.

Jenn

When do they get announced? We've decided on European cruise for 10th anniversary instead of Hawaii. We'd ideally be traveling next August since we will bring our daughter.

Carnival said no Europe next year.

Noooooooooo. We just got platinum. :(

I think it's disappointing for a lot of people. I'm lucky we booked our British Isles trip for this year.

I think all the lines offer good prices/sales for the European cruises though, so maybe something else will catch your eye. We did HAL in Alaska, and are thinking of Celebrity for Hawaii in 2015.

Good luck!

They are claiming the price of airfare exceeds the price of the cruise. So does the Cheers program in many instances.

But for your savings sake, they are cancelling the Europe cruises in 2014.

They are claiming the price of airfare exceeds the price of the cruise. So does the Cheers program in many instances.

But for your savings sake, they are cancelling the Europe cruises in 2014.

The cost of airfare FAR exceeds the cost of the cruise and in 3 cruises I've never had the Cheers program exceed the cost of our cruise and we sail in inside cabins.

Heck the cost of domestic airfare from Oklahoma to Florida exceeds my cruise fare, so until something breaks we're driving to our cruises the rest of our cruises that we have booked.

The good thing for us is that we're retired so we could do a longer road trip to get to a distant embarkation port, but with the Sunshine, Magic and Triumph being pretty easy drives we'll just stick close to home for awhile.

Celebrity keeps offering their free drink packages and often more for European sailings (gratuities, OBC etc). It only goes through February right now but keep your eye out maybe?

There's tons of good options though that are affordable on the other lines too and truthfully some offer better itineraries than Carnival did (depending on what you're looking for of course).

Celebrity keeps offering their free drink packages and often more for European sailings (gratuities, OBC etc). It only goes through February right now but keep your eye out maybe?

There also offering that deal because lots of Brits who are good customers to Europe cruises are not touching celebrity with a barge pole after a damning documentary shown over here recently.

There also offering that deal because lots of Brits who are good customers to Europe cruises are not touching celebrity with a barge pole after a damning documentary shown over here recently.

Very interesting! We didn't get to see that documentary here! Please could you give more details.

Joyce

Sorry, Carnival is not sailing Europe next year. You will have to check out other lines. They announced this a few weeks ago.

Jenn

I was told pretty much the same thing nearly 2-years ago and then BAM Carnival had two ship in Europe (Legend & Sunshine) so I booked; perhaps history will repeat itself?

My review on what happened to me is attached below.

Hoping the new ship launches on time in 2016 and they do the Med first as we had also planned to sail with Carnival in 2014. After looking at pricing of the other lines I could not do it. Inside cabins are more than any airfare I have ever purchased to Europe. You can find air deals if you know where to look and have patience. Also, the cabin size is an issue with me. Squeezing 3 or 4 in 140 sq ft or less is not ok. I like the consistency of cabin size on Carnival.

If 2016 doesn't pan out we'll just wait.

The cost of airfare FAR exceeds the cost of the cruise and in 3 cruises I've never had the Cheers program exceed the cost of our cruise and we sail in inside cabins.

Heck the cost of domestic airfare from Oklahoma to Florida exceeds my cruise fare, so until something breaks we're driving to our cruises the rest of our cruises that we have booked.

The good thing for us is that we're retired so we could do a longer road trip to get to a distant embarkation port, but with the Sunshine, Magic and Triumph being pretty easy drives we'll just stick close to home for awhile.

We travel to Europe every year and in the past 12 years I only paid more than $1000.00 R/T from Nashville one time to many different Europeon cities. The one time I had to pay around $1200.00 I missed the alert. You just have to know where to look and set up your alerts for price drops. This year I got fares of $875.00 from Chicago to Heathrow and $900.00 from Nashville to Heathrow.These are all summer trips at the height of the tourist season.You just have to be ready to book the minute the price drops as the fare will probably be gone the same day in the afternoon.

Letsgo39

We, too, were very disappointed to hear that there would be no European cruises in 2014. It will be our 40th anniversary and we had planned on a Mediterranean cruise. Now trying to decide if we want to do another line or stick with CCL and do the Panama Canal.

We travel to Europe every year and in the past 12 years I only paid more than $1000.00 R/T from Nashville one time to many different Europeon cities. The one time I had to pay around $1200.00 I missed the alert. You just have to know where to look and set up your alerts for price drops. This year I got fares of $875.00 from Chicago to Heathrow and $900.00 from Nashville to Heathrow.These are all summer trips at the height of the tourist season.You just have to be ready to book the minute the price drops as the fare will probably be gone the same day in the afternoon.

Letsgo39

We fly from Nashville too! The most I have paid is a July trip and it as $1049 pp. I set up fare alerts on several sites and if it dings at the price I want I buy. We got a deal to Paris last October ATL-CDG $535 for October travel purchased in August. Best deal yet.

Letsgo39

I understand your point about shopping for air but when looking today an interior cabin is running from $599 to $709 on either ship. Take your $1000 RT from Nashville then add on the $500+ it's going to cost me to get there or almost anywhere from Tulsa.......and there you go.......I just won't spend twice as much on my airfare than I'm paying for my cruise.

Just checked a RT ticket from Oklahoma City to Barcelona with 2 stops is $1455 on Air France.....add a $599 cabin on top of that then times 2 and I'm up to $4108........I like to cruise to much to spend that much money on one cruise when we could drive to a cruise port and cruise 3 times for the same money.

boy. talk about excuses. how does carnival even know what airfare will be in 2014.

they can't charge the rates to keep profitable this season. take another look why. if airfare were lower they would raise their rates. kinda blows somes theories about ccl purposely keeping fares low.

Have you got a link to your info re Brits not "touching celebrity".This is news to me.

I saw the Doc, its your claim that Brits would not touch Celeb with a barge pole that interest me. Proof please.

I haven't got any print proof, or any print proof for most UK cruise opinions for that matter.

Theres the TV snippet I mentioned on thread below. I have also been told both Celebrity and RCCL have been on watchdog (consumer program over here) but I dont watch that show.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1853915

and also the fact that my TA noted that Celebrity had not been very popular this year as it had good bookings years before. RCCL seemed to be the favoured cruise line overall tbh when I asked about cruises.

You are very interested in Celebrity to work for them/cruise with them?

Archived