Only 5 total hours?

jaxfl

Ship snorkeling excursion or Maya ruins excursion. Stay in the cruise center complex. Grab a taxi, or the bus, to Mahahual ($3pp out, $2pp return) and find a lounger on the beach (hint...don't stop at the first place you come to; go down further to Tropicante or Pez Quadro or Maya Luna).

Shame the Dream shortened the port times although they weren't that long to begin with (used to depart around 3:30P a couple of years ago).:( It's hard to do something in that short of time and that early in the day. Some cruise lines make this their second stop or next to last stop (with Cozumel being first or last) giving you a much longer staying time.

• 1 month later...

We usually sail with NCL and have plenty of time to explore and go places that a little bit of a drive. However, our last cruise was with Carnival and I hate that they are only there for such a short period of time.

Most people on Carnival go to Mahahual because it is only a short 5 minute drive down from the port. We did this in May because of our limited time frame. My review is in my signature line. Although it's not necessarily the "type" of place we like to go to while in port, a lot of people love going to Mahahual and the service they receive there. So don't let our "experience" deter you from trying it out. There are several places there to chose from. :)

I'd almost be tempted to just stay at the cruise ship complex for that short of a time. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

We just got back. Rainy day, but we didn't stay in the complex. We took the taxi down to Tropicante and Steve took care of us. Good food under the Palapas, cold beer. We also pre-arranged with Carolyn at UnderToeMexico for three paddleboards for our group.

Great time, even in the weather and shortened time. Go to Mahahual! Next time I hope to see it under full sun.

Just got back from the Dream a few weeks ago. We had a great time at Tropicante. Skipped the on-ship buffet breakfast and had an early lunch at Tropicante - DELICIOUS! We were there 8am - 1pm - felt like plenty of time. We had a great day. Steve had the loungers waiting for us!

We did tour the Chacobben Mayan Ruins and it took 4 hours. We love the bus ride to be short and the ruins were awesome. We recommend this as a short maya ruins tour.

OK. I need more info. 1st cruise for me and my better half, so we're totally clueless. Is this a carnival excursion or a locally operated tour? Time is short (leaving 8/31 on the Carnival Dream) so any advice would be most appreciated

• 2 months later...

Archived