Princess Laundry Room

jkmac

Going on the Golden Princess for the first time next week. We had 2 questions for the veterans. 1. How much is it to wash/dry a load of laundry in the laundry room? 2. Are there a lot of hangers in the closet in the state rooms or do we need to bring them?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The washers and dryers are about $2 per load each. The machine talke US quarters. There is a change machine in each laundry room, but they sometimes are either out of quarters or out of order. Try to get the quarters in advance, so you have time to go to the Passenger Service Desk if necessary.

If you don't have enough hangars in the closet, just ask the cabin steward for more.

I'm the cruiser who always brings along a roll of quarters plus enough Tide Pods and OxiClean pods for appropriate number of loads, depending on the length of the cruise.

I haven't seen washer or dryers for $2, I've seen $3 each and $1 for soap. You can get quarters at the purser's desk.

I ALWAYS take clothes, including dresses, skirts, pants, shirts, etc. on hangers. I hate the heavy wooden ones in the closets which I often remove and put on closet floor.

I've received more responses here than on the princess board. Anyone else have the experience of being closed? Hubby has packed 18 pairs of underwear.........would prefer to wash, if its not closed.

I've received more responses here than on the princess board. Anyone else have the experience of being closed? Hubby has packed 18 pairs of underwear.........would prefer to wash, if its not closed.

They are closed at night of course. In some ports you may find them closed but it depends on the port.

I believe the hours are about 8am to 10 pm. The rooms may be closed some or all of the time in Alaskan waters due to local regs.

This is also my recollection of the laundry. On the Alaska cruise the laundry was open in some areas and closed in others. I just looked for my Patters for that cruise, which lists the days the laundry was closed, but I couldn't find them.

I'm the cruiser who always brings along a roll of quarters plus enough Tide Pods and OxiClean pods for appropriate number of loads, depending on the length of the cruise.

Why bring your own quarters? The ship has lots and lot of them.

DON

Why bring your own quarters? The ship has lots and lot of them.

DON

By having my own quarters I don't have to make the trip down to the Purser's Desk and wait in line to get something that minor. So I just pick up a roll at some time when I need to go into my bank.

The steward that cares for the laundry room told me to call the desk if the machine is out of quarters and he would be right there. No need to get change. However, it's nice not to have to wait for him. There's a phone in the laundry room.

Just returned from Alaska on the Sapphire Princess. Used laundry room twice, open each time, and although I read the Patter in its entirety, never saw any hours listed for the laundry.

$2 each washer and dryer, large loads. I bring my own quarters and Purex sheets (detergent , softener and anti static in one sheet). They work fine and weigh nothing and take up no space in your luggage.

Tip (I learned the hard way)...bring extra quarters with you to laundry room. One of the quarters I put it must have not registered, and it was a long walk back to the cabin!

Barbara

Archived