Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

What can I say. I was bored. :D And Lloyd dared me to do it. ;)

Good luck looking at this on a mobile phone. Sorry!

QUANTUMTIMELINE6columns_zps1c13cb1f.png

Edit: I thought it would turn out bigger than this.

Good job! And I don’t know if I used the word ‘dare’. :rolleyes:

If you click on the image you created, and then the magnifying glass icon in the corner, and then click on it again. You seem to get a nice sized image that can be scrolled through.

You can tell that they’ve already got a head start on storing Anthem blocks in Hall 5!

It’s amazing to see Anthem blocks appearing over the last weeks, while the Quantum’s own superstructure is completed, making the builds of these sister ships seems to be happening so quickly. Here we are checking the webcam image each Monday to see the Quantum near its completion, and glad to see how she finally will look, and meanwhile the Anthem is coming up behind her with her own blocks. It’s getting me interested in the Anthem's build as well, even though we’ve been there, done that with her sister. :rolleyes:

Great info and photos!!!!

It is indeed exciting to see just how well positioned Anthem is to follow in Quantum's footsteps in the build process. Perhaps they learned a few things during Quantum that will help them along the way with Anthem.

WOO HOO! Seeing Anthem come alive is very exciting.

Nice photo and ...

Inselvideo_zps48b6df63.jpg

Photo courtesy Inselvideo

… and a GREAT video to go with it from Inselvideo as well.

My bad. The last photo in Saturday’s Hall 5 / Anthem blocks post was courtesy screen grab from Inselvideo’s other recent video http://

Inselvideoscreengrabphoto1_zpsbb3bf231.jpg

Photo courtesy screen grab from Inselvideo' video First Look - QUANTUM OF THE SEAS - Complete at Meyer Werft Shipyard

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd - Those are indeed great videos and close up shots. Also a great perspective of the visitor center and how things are seen from the inside looking out. Looks like they have relaxed the limitations on picture taking of Qquantum. Lots of people with cameras.

Lloyd - Those are indeed great videos and close up shots. Also a great perspective of the visitor center and how things are seen from the inside looking out. Looks like they have relaxed the limitations on picture taking of Qquantum. Lots of people with cameras.

I really like it as well. From what I have been told, the limitations on picture taking applies to inside the hall, by people getting a close-up tour.

Oddly enough, one of my favorite images captured from the video is the one with the employee installing the windows on the front of the ship (I thought he was adjusting a windshield wiper :D ).

Inselvideoscreengrabphoto2_zps80a5c295.jpg

Photo courtesy screen grab from Inselvideo YouTube video 'First Look - QUANTUM OF THE SEAS - Complete at Meyer Werft Shipyard'.

I really like it as well. From what I have been told, the limitations on picture taking applies to inside the hall, by people getting a close-up tour.

Oddly enough, one of my favorite images captured from the video is the one with the employee installing the windows on the front of the ship (I thought he was adjusting a windshield wiper :D ).

Inselvideoscreengrabphoto2_zps80a5c295.jpg

Photo courtesy screen grab from Inselvideo YouTube video 'First Look - QUANTUM OF THE SEAS - Complete at Meyer Werft Shipyard'.

Windshield wiper- LOL. I agree it's a great shot and something we rarely see. The other shots I noticed from the video are the big openings on some of the balconies. These my guess is from pass builds and videos at MW is where the pre-installed cabin modules are put through one by one. Another task that is very interesting and hardly ever seen.

Windshield wiper- LOL. I agree it's a great shot and something we rarely see. The other shots I noticed from the video are the big openings on some of the balconies. These my guess is from pass builds and videos at MW is where the pre-installed cabin modules are put through one by one. Another task that is very interesting and hardly ever seen.

I want to see that as well. Could it have already started?

openingfortransferringcabinsintoship_zpsc0d0424a.jpg

I want to see that as well. Could it have already started?

openingfortransferringcabinsintoship_zpsc0d0424a.jpg

Nice screen grab (hard for me to do a copy and paste from my iPad).

Great question, and given were they are on the build process it would seem that they have already started. Likewise, I wish we could see the video of this being done on Quantum.

Great photo just tweeted by RoyalCaribPR! Big day today for #QuantumoftheSeas as the final block was moved into position.

Happy now, Tough as leather!!?!

And it's not an April Fool's joke! Well sort of, seeing as this was done a few days ago... :)

BkJVnlACEAAypbm.jpg

Has anyone been able to figure out what the large windows are at the very forward bow area and what looks like deck 7? The deck plan does not show anything forward for deck 7. In the screen shot with Lisa you can see some lounge chairs in front of these windows.

Has anyone been able to figure out what the large windows are at the very forward bow area and what looks like deck 7? The deck plan does not show anything forward for deck 7. In the screen shot with Lisa you can see some lounge chairs in front of these windows.

Windows or perhaps openings to access the front bow area with the lounge chairs. Maybe this area will be one of the Quantum class' "secret spots" accessed from one or both of the corridors on deck 7 (or from deck 5?). It would be like the Oasis class' wing walk (over the bridge) that is accessed from the port side corridor on deck 14.

That or a deck area for suite passengers only. :(

We'll have to keep an eye on that area and those windows/doorways in future build photos.

If there are big windows looking out onto a deck with lounge chairs, but nothing on passenger deck plans. Then I have to think that maybe that is a crew club or eating area and their sun deck.

I thought of that possibility, but would they put a crew club or eating area below the passenger windows, where the crew can be seen/watched by passengers? Doesn't offer much privacy for the crew. Has anyone seen this sort of thing on other ships?

minionsrestingonquantum_zps4f686d94.jpg

Princess has crew areas on the bow with hot tubs and loungers.

Well, it's nice to know that the Quantum crew may have a similar spot where they can relax and get away from guests, even if they may not be out of their view... and that of the bridge staff above them.

I thought of that possibility, but would they put a crew club or eating area below the passenger windows, where the crew can be seen/watched by passengers? Doesn't offer much privacy for the crew. Has anyone seen this sort of thing on other ships?

We booked front cabins on deck 6 of the Voyager and Liberty. On that class the bow was open to the public but there was a breaker wall and behind it is a crew deck area. We could easily look down and see when people were sun tanning. The same with the Oasis where the entire bow was for crew but easily visible from the front cabins or open deck above the bridge.

I know some of the renderings we have seen are not quite accurate as we have seen thus far. However why show all those lounge chairs as if they were for the general guest and perhaps selling the idea of more open deck space? If its for the crew as some have suggested still great as they are very deserving with all the hard work they do.

Webcam at MW says March 17th. That's St. Patrick's Day! Are they still recovering?

Has it really been that long since they've updated the WebCam image?

It would be nice if they could just change from a gallery concept to streaming video from the cam.

It would save them headache's from those that bug them to update the image, and time that they have to spend to capture and post the image.

Sounds like a Win/Win to me :D

Does anyone have any contact at MW to propose the win/win to them?

Edited by Overtyme