Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I was scanning the Quantum cutaway image for something interesting to post about, and got to the pool area. The oval shapes (remember those being assembled on the dock?) over the stairways reminded me of an old photo.

Think of this as a (messy) close-up of the pool area in the webcam image. :D

a4ff80161fc17ed18b8ec4222d1b7e80.jpg

Is that the best you can do for an interior photo? :D

Not interior at all! :mad: But thanks for posting. I guess the new Anthem Construction thread will be seeing some attention.

Maybe next week we'll see something from RCI, huh? :)

Glad we'll be able to watch TV from the pool, by the way.

There are all kinds of cool Quantum photos out there these days. More from Ingrid added yesterday.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2088&l=english

These are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Seeing Quantum during all times of day is really amazing.

If RCI will not give us more information about the inside of the ship, at least we can bask in the glow of her outward beauty.

There are all kinds of cool Quantum photos out there these days. More from Ingrid added yesterday.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2088&l=english

Any good close ups of the areas around our infamous glass shelters? What I saw of them didn't excite me. Maybe they're not done yet.

Edited by Lloyd555

Any good close ups of the areas around our infamous glass shelters? What I saw of them didn't excite me. Maybe they're not done yet.

Funny you mention that because I was looking for the same. You may be right that its not done yet. I recall seeing two guys standing in that area (Port Side) during the float-out of HD1080ide's video. Also if you look at photo 12 of 16 on Ingrid's page you can see the frame on the Starboard side deck 5 to the left of the funnel sitting on the ground. Not sure if there is any glass there in that photo.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2078&l=english&page=2

Funny you mention that because I was looking for the same. You may be right that its not done yet. I recall seeing two guys standing in that area (Port Side) during the float-out of HD1080ide's video. Also if you look at photo 12 of 16 on Ingrid's page you can see the frame on the Starboard side deck 5 to the left of the funnel sitting on the ground. Not sure if there is any glass there in that photo.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2078&l=english&page=2

Here are two screen grabs from HD1080ide's float out video and Royal Caribbean's video about the bear. There is glass there because if you may recall, at some point they had the protective paper/plastic sheeting on it.

Anyhow, so far they're underwhelming. We'll have to see what they'll turn out to be.

2168517b01737da1a546a78c1eebebed.jpg

Here are two screen grabs from HD1080ide's float out video and Royal Caribbean's video about the bear. There is glass there because if you may recall, at some point they had the protective paper/plastic sheeting on it.

Anyhow, so far they're underwhelming. We'll have to see what they'll turn out to be.

I wonder if they will be a smoking shelter ?

The glass is so clean during the float out that you can barely make it which is a good thing to be able to view the sea.

You are right about it being underwhelming thus far. I cannot believe they were hiding this (being secretive about it) if indeed this is the final product. It would be a first on a Royal Caribbean ship as far as I know but does not standout (yet) compared to others in the industry. If I recall right if may have been you that shared a rendering of a similar glass enclosure with a cool roof, maybe by MSC or Costa.

The glass is so clean during the float out that you can barely make it which is a good thing to be able to view the sea.

You are right about it being underwhelming thus far. I cannot believe they were hiding this (being secretive about it) if indeed this is the final product. It would be a first on a Royal Caribbean ship as far as I know but does not standout (yet) compared to others in the industry. If I recall right if may have been you that shared a rendering of a similar glass enclosure with a cool roof, maybe by MSC or Costa.

Yup, twas I. Could indeed be smoking shelters for the passengers. Does the Anthem have them?

Edited by Lloyd555

Maybe next week we will see some of the inside areas among other things of Quantum.

From Sea Trade Insider

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/stay-tuned-for-quantum-news.html

Quote:

Stay tuned for Quantum news, live from Papenburg

Expect a flurry of big reveals about Quantum of the Seas early next week as international media and key travel retailers get a first look at the ship in Papenburg.

Royal Caribbean chairman and ceo Richard Fain will be on hand, along with Royal Caribbean International's Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, evp operations, and Vicki Freed, svp sales, trade support and service, among others.

Seatrade Insider will be reporting from Papenburg.

The 167,800gt Quantum of the Seas was floated out of Meyer Werft's covered building dock II earlier this month and interior work and systems testing continues in the shipyard's harbor.

The vessel can be seen on Meyer's webcam.

Quantum's Ems River conveyance is anticipated in mid- or late September.

End Quote:

Maybe next week we will see some of the inside areas among other things of Quantum.

From Sea Trade Insider

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/stay-tuned-for-quantum-news.html

Quote:

Stay tuned for Quantum news, live from Papenburg

Expect a flurry of big reveals about Quantum of the Seas early next week as international media and key travel retailers get a first look at the ship in Papenburg.

Royal Caribbean chairman and ceo Richard Fain will be on hand, along with Royal Caribbean International's Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, evp operations, and Vicki Freed, svp sales, trade support and service, among others.

Seatrade Insider will be reporting from Papenburg.

The 167,800gt Quantum of the Seas was floated out of Meyer Werft's covered building dock II earlier this month and interior work and systems testing continues in the shipyard's harbor.

The vessel can be seen on Meyer's webcam.

Quantum's Ems River conveyance is anticipated in mid- or late September.

End Quote:

I wonder if they're going to attach the North Star ahead of the press, in order to show a more complete ship to the media?

I would think that the North Star will be attached some time over this weekend.

Edited by Overtyme

I wonder if they're going to attach the North Star ahead of the press, in order to show a more complete ship to the media?

My thoughts exactly about the North Star.

Someone in FB Quantum of the Seas group is going to be there.

Tough as Leather: You'll get to see your inside photos! Phew! I can delete mine! ;)

Edited by Lloyd555

Hopefully the Harbor Webcam will still be active over the weekend so that we could see it installed.

My thoughts exactly about the North Star.

Someone in FB Quantum of the Seas group is going to be there.

Tough as Leather: You'll get to see your inside photos! Phew! I can delete mine! ;)

Lloyd - You can also send a few of the minions to Papenburg with a head-cam to record things inside Quantum for us :)

Lloyd - You can also send a few of the minions to Papenburg with a head-cam to record things inside Quantum for us :)

The minions!! They take lousy photos! I mean, what the heck is THIs supposed to be!?! ;)

823fb92c8fd810f86bab41a6831ddc2d.jpg

And this one!!? Don't even want to go there.

John_5.png

Edited by Lloyd555

Hmmm. No image from the outdoor webcam.

Is that it for the outdoor webcam on the Quantum?

Or are they installing the North Star and don't want us to see? :D

Did the link for the outdoor webcam change so that we can see the Quantum outside - they other link I had saved comes up showing nothing on the screen - does someone have a new one?

Thanks, Pat

Did the link for the outdoor webcam change so that we can see the Quantum outside - they other link I had saved comes up showing nothing on the screen - does someone have a new one?

Thanks, Pat

Here ya go : [urlhttp://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg][/url]

You have to refresh the view manually

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Brian131489

Thanks, Pat

Try this one. You'll have to refresh manually with the Refresh button/icon.

http://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg

No North Star installation yet. I think people have been keeping an eye on the webcam image for it.

Here's a recent photo.

15c25195927c1cfa50ef33d97baff4b6.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Try this one. You'll have to refresh manually with the Refresh button/icon.

http://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg

Yeah!!!!! - thanks so much. I like looking at it at night to see if someone left the light on in our cabin. We are in the SGS deck 8 & I don't know if it's a reflection on the round window but it does look like a light is on :D

Pat