Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Hmmmm. Then maybe I shouldn't post theses photos here. ;)

10292438_10205090549449581_8281626160979643567_n.jpg

10410245_10205090549569584_5606743676014843893_n.jpg

If anybody wants a new thread, they can create it.

'Anthem Megablocks Are in the House' ? :D

Wow! Great pictures. Captures the magnitude of the engineering.

10410245_10205090549569584_5606743676014843893_n.jpg

Lloyd - Keep them coming.

Now that Quantum is out I imagine there will not be restrictions of photo taking inside Hall 6 building dock 2. We are already seeing some views of Anthem that we never saw while Quantum was in the building dock.

Hi Lloyd,

As I see it you are irreplaceable, and any thread on Anthem of the Seas, whether a new is started or not, would be less without your amazing contributions.

When Royal Princess was in the final stages of outfitting there was an overlap on pictures and information on her and Regal Princess, and the new thread on Regal Princess was started rather late in the game due to the lack of any new information from the cruise line (we also didn't have a webcam that updated weekly). But seeing as we have 'inside sources' here, this wouldn't be a problem.

As I mentioned, the overlap in pictures and information is normal, but once we get more and more information and pictures of AotS as she continues to grow, the new thread can begin with all of your wonderful 'megablocks in the house' pictures'.

I do hope you continue providing us with amazing pictures, and however it's decided, hope you join in on the continuing discussion on Anthem of the Seas. You are in intrical part of this thread, and without your amazing contributions we would all be in the dark.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

We have an obstructed balcony deck six cabin 6168 on one of our Quantum legs. From the look of the photos once the lifeboats are in place there is a far greater obstruction than on other ships we have been on. It appears that the lifeboats sit around level with the railing. Anyone have any thoughts or observations on this?

You are right about the obstruction as compared to other ships. At least the top of the lifeboats are at the same level as the railing as you note. If you are seated you may not get a good view of the ocean (unless you are tall :))

Check out Ingrid's page she has some good close-ups with the lifeboats and deck 6. Here is the link just in case.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2079&l=english&page=2

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Well thanks to Ingrid we know the lifeboats actually float. That's a good thing.

And the photos of the "fractured sister" Anthem revealed that the blocks have been unwrapped.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I did not notice it initially, but with the front bridge back in place (the one by the building dock entrance) as clearly seen in the first photo with blue railings, looks like they were/are starting to drain the dock. Water level is much lower as compared to the float out level. Thoughts?

Can you explain why the "stern" first conveyance is necessary?

This has been partially answered before, I would like to add some more info...

Some info which we were given while visiting the shipyard last week.

By going backwards the Captain and navigator have a better view from the bridge wings over the whole lenght of the ship when going throug the locks and narrow passages.

Since the propellers of the ship will be running and pull the ship, they will push more water under the hull. Important because the river Ems is quite shallow.

I actually recommend starting a new separate 'Everything' thread for the Anthem of the Seas for several reasons: those booked on AotS, but not on the same exact cruise, can ask generic questions that may have already been covered very early in the construction of QotS; the itineraries, especially the Caribbean sailings, may have different/specific interests than those sailing on her sister out of NYC in the Winter; there may be some small design or decor differences that are unique to AotS; this thread will eventually get so big it would be next to impossible to search for answers to questions using the Search function.

The new Anthem thread can begin with pictures of the mega-blocks in the lagoon, and then back in the shed, then proceed from there.

Anthem of the Seas deserves its own thread. ;)

:D

There's already a "All Things Anthem" thread. I can start one similar to this one, but what to call it?

"Anthem Megablocks in the House"

"Anthem Megablocks Back in the House"

"Anthem of the Seas Construction"

"???"

We have an obstructed balcony deck six cabin 6168 on one of our Quantum legs. From the look of the photos once the lifeboats are in place there is a far greater obstruction than on other ships we have been on. It appears that the lifeboats sit around level with the railing. Anyone have any thoughts or observations on this?

We're booked on the Anthem for 2015 and have a DO also. DH had been studying all the pics here and determined that the first DO forward on deck 6 isn't that obstructed at all (6560 & 6160). No obstruction looking straight out or forward, but a davit and life boat immediately looking aft. We finally decided on 6560, the float out confirmed his research. There are a couple of other DO's between life boats that are unobstructed looking straight out. You have to locate them on the pics and count the cabins to match up on the deck plan.

North Star wrapped up for its delivery to the ship.

10599196_509706145826311_3937420364095431275_n.jpg

cn_image.size.royal-caribbean-quantum-of-the-seas-north-star.jpg

I original posted (Part of the) North Star because it looked so small, but I edited the post seconds later. I guess it's the whole pod/capsule (with the arm connection points sticking out at the top center). I included the rendering in the edit to help visualise as well.

14 people will fit snuggly inside of it. :)

Edited by Lloyd555

I original posted (Part of the) North Star because it looked so small, but I edited the post seconds later. I guess it's the whole pod/capsule (with the arm connection points sticking out at the top center). I included the rendering in the edit to help visualise as well.

4 people will fit snuggly inside of it. :)

I enjoy meeting new people on a cruise! We've made friends we keep in touch with, but this will something all together different.

Edited by papcx

We're booked on the Anthem for 2015 and have a DO also. DH had been studying all the pics here and determined that the first DO forward on deck 6 isn't that obstructed at all (6560 & 6160). No obstruction looking straight out or forward, but a davit and life boat immediately looking aft. We finally decided on 6560, the float out confirmed his research. There are a couple of other DO's between life boats that are unobstructed looking straight out. You have to locate them on the pics and count the cabins to match up on the deck plan.

I have stateroom 6560 for the 3 Day cruise, Nov. 18th. I booked the first day and selected that room because it did not look like the lifeboat would obstruct the view and I got the OB rate.

You beat me to the punch. I want to know the same thing. How about it Lloyd555. How do you find them?

If I told you, I'd have to keel you.

Ha! I've been waiting to say that for ages. :D:D:D

But seriously. People love to post photos, and I have a knack for finding them.

Also, with no kids, pets or yard to take care of, I have plenty of time to do so. ;)

Edited by Lloyd555

There's already a "All Things Anthem" thread. I can start one similar to this one, but what to call it?

"???"

Why not just continue on and expand the 'All Things Anthem' thread. The most recent posts are of the first block being floated out. Just repost some of the most recent images post here and run with it. ;)

Also, with no kids, pets or yard to take care of, I have plenty of time to do so. ;)

And I thought it was the Minions.:p

"???"

Hi

Just my opinion, "Anthem of the Seas Construction" sounds good to me. It's very searchable and to the point.

Denise

Looking at the deck where the life boats are, where are the passengers going to embark ?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Not sure if you mean embark the lifeboats or embark QUANTUM for a cruise?

For the lifeboats, these are designed to be embarked from Deck 5, the same deck they are sitting on. Some designs have the boats loaded in the stationary position, and others the davits are designed to hoist the boats outward but not lower them and they are loaded from that position. In theory, once each boat is ready to be loaded the passengers will be brought from their muster station (usually a lounge) to the loading area on Deck 5. Once loaded, the boat is lowered to the sea. This is considered to be much safer and faster than the other method, which is to have the boats lowered one deck first before they can be loaded with passengers. The trade off is a loss of a true open Promenade Deck which QUANTUM and designs like her do not offer.

For passenger embarkation for a cruise, passengers will embark midship on Deck 5 in the hump section where there are no lifeboats.

Edited by eroller

Not sure if you mean embark the lifeboats or embark QUANTUM for a cruise?

For the lifeboats, these are designed to be embarked from Deck 5, the same deck they are sitting on. Some designs have the boats loaded in the stationary position, and others the davits are designed to hoist the boats outward but not lower them and they are loaded from that position. In theory, once each boat is ready to be loaded the passengers will be brought from their muster station (usually a lounge) to the loading area on Deck 5. Once loaded, the boat is lowered to the sea. This is considered to be much safer and faster than the other method, which is to have the boats lowered one deck first before they can be loaded with passengers. The trade off is a loss of a true open Promenade Deck which QUANTUM and designs like her do not offer.

For passenger embarkation for a cruise, passengers will embark midship on Deck 5 in the hump section where there are no lifeboats.

Thank you ! I hope to never have to load into a life boat !! I was thinking more the day your getting on board.

Lloyd - Another great find. Do you know were the North Star is being shipped from? Just curious.