Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Did it fail? stream cut out just as she was about to leave the view, now it looks like the tugs are actually moving her. :(

saw one of the tugs having fun in the waves she made though, spun around abit :D

They are just testing. They won't let her move on her own until after she's out of the shipyard. It is a super tight space and tugs are needed to maneuver.

They are just testing. They won't let her move on her own until after she's out of the shipyard. It is a super tight space and tugs are needed to maneuver.

i think you are right on that. You can see the tugs changing positions for more moves. The bow thrusters dont appear to be on at all.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

She's backing up and I don't see the tugs pushing her but I do see smoke coming out of the funnel.

They'll do small testing/movements, but you won't be seeing her doing a full 180 degree turn by herself. If you notice, the tugs are close by in case something happens...one at the bow and one at the stern. Her current orientation has more room for error since she is length wise in the basin. When she is turned 90 degrees from where she is now, there isn't much room anywhere.

If click on 'Learn more about the Anthem' link on webcam page, get bigger version of image.

We've discussed in which end of the hall the Anthem will be built. It's at the back now, but ...?

2014_08_14_Anthem_of_the_Seas_W708.jpg

So looks like they will repeat the same drill with Anthem in the back and NCL Escape in the front. Which is also in line with the block plan.

I have finished my float out video:

I'm very satisfied that the live stream worked so well and that so many people enjoyed it. My hd wireless link reached a distance of about 1000 feet. :)

Many thanks for all your had work (past and present). The video was fantastic.

The shape of this class is growing on me more and more.

From this angle with the lifeboats in place she looks very nice.

2yguvybu.jpg

And no pink bear port side!

Wait until Northstar goes up...It'll change the look.

I still love the "silhouette" she makes....:D (Little joke about her solstice class cousin)

I was just looking on royals site and they now have a cutaway picture of the quantum on the press site

Interesting that they are now showing this when the same was put out for Anthem a few months or weeks ago. You think that they now realize that people have been frustrated with the lack of information about Quantum coupled with the fact that some have final payments due.

Interesting that they are now showing this when the same was put out for Anthem a few months or weeks ago. You think that they now realize that people have been frustrated with the lack of information about Quantum coupled with the fact that some have final payments due.

It truly is amazing the lack of info from them.. I don't know what they are thinking, but the pr machine needs to be fired and new one brought in