Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

With all the videographers and photographers at the event, we're likely going to see something of the inside of the hall. Open part of the Windjammer and the spot above the loft suites, concierge lounge & conference center. Nice. Seeing some keel blocks on deck.

Update: André spent the day crashing from a sugar rush he got eating most of his kids' Halloween candy! He better be back in form for tomorrow's float out. :D

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am sure Andre will be up and in good form:)

Don't take this the wrong way Norwegian Getaway... I like you and all, but I'm here to see the Quantum of the Seas. :rolleyes:

1441266_182713635253652_1437051125_n.jpg

That's a great picture!

I'm wondering if anyone has a live stream other than the one site that says they will start streaming in just over two hours (http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffsvideos/ausdocken-norwegian-getaway)

I couldn't find anything on the shipyard site and nothing on the NCL site.

Someone should have something showing the entire thing from when they opened the valve to when she leaves the hall :-)

There are comments about iffy weather in Papenburg. I've been checking out some live(-ish) webcams like this site for updates...

http://www.webcam-4insiders.com/en/weather-Papenburg-Webcam/9079-Webcam-Papenburg-weather.php

weather-Webcam-Papenburg--9079_1383395177.jpg

That doesn't look good! I wonder if they'll still do the float-out in the rain.

I'm guessing that a lot of executives from NCL have traveled there for the event, so they'll probably do everything in their power to make this happen.

While we're waiting for the show to start, why not check out some photos from yesterday that weren't published on the NDR site.

Nice view of the FlowRider, Two70 and loft suite (and concierge lounge + conference center) blocks.

May be the last time we see photos of the Getaway indoors.

Nov1byIngoWagneratCorbis_3_zpsb1f50988.jpg

Nov1byIngoWagneratCorbis_1_zpsaaa969ee.jpg

Photos courtesy of photographer Ingo Wagner

Edited by Lloyd555

While we're waiting for the show to start, why not check out some photos from yesterday that weren't published on the NDR site.

Nice view of the FlowRider, Two70 and loft suite (and concierge lounge + conference center) blocks.

Nov1byIngoWagneratCorbis_1_zpsaaa969ee.jpg

Awesome photo. You (or Andre?) were close when you suggested that the block was for the Ripcord in a post a short while ago. Wonder where that block is? Maybe MW is keeping it under wraps? The edge of the block to its left has piqued my interest.

I want to say how much I enjoy this thread; i look forward to reading the posts, new photos and info -- makes my day :)

I am at the Meyer Werft live came now, how come like the Getaway is almost out of the hall, but the other cams we still need to wait about another 20 minutes for a live picture.

Edit: Live pic on the other cam in now on :)

Edited by parrotplay

I want to say how much I enjoy this thread; i look forward to reading the posts, new photos and info -- makes my day :)

I am at the Meyer Werft live came now, how come like the Getaway is almost out of the hall, but the other cams we still need to wait about another 20 minutes for a live picture.

Edit: Live pic on the other cam in now on :)

Looking at these two webcams now. Liking the first one.

Any others available at this time?

http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/getaway117.html

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/livestream-und-webcam-ausdocken-der-norwegian-getaway/

Edited by Lloyd555

I am watching the 2nd cam you posted, but also the cam on the Myer Werft home page

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/index.jsp

I just checked YouTube but nothing there yet.

Great pictures you posted this morning.

I don't get the feeling that we're going to get a view inside the hall :-(

Of the two links that are posted above one of them looks like a better picture. Here it is again.

http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/getaway117.html

They are moving very slow with the float out. Safety first so it makes sense.

I am liking that one too. Even though we're here to see Quantum. This Getaway float out is pretty cool too.:)

Denise

Awesome photo. You (or Andre?) were close when you suggested that the block was for the Ripcord in a post a short while ago. Wonder where that block is? Maybe MW is keeping it under wraps? The edge of the block to its left has piqued my interest.

I don't think that is the same block that André pointed out (below-left side of photo). Don't know where that one is now? On the Quantum build or stored elsewhere.

PhotoonMWpressreleasewebpageaboutNorwegian_Getaway_floatout_zps03a58067.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555