Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

And speaking of our regularly scheduled programming...

MW has finally turned on the Hall 6 webcam closest to Quantum of the Seas.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwer...cam/webcam.jsp

Halle_6_Webcam_2October17_zpse144bcbe.jpg

I think they finally heard from everyone here at CC wanting to see more. And if they didnt they knew you would find the pics anyway.:)

From MW webcam

2013_10_17_Halle_6_Webcam_2_W466.jpg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Here is a question about the Quantum build. Which way is she facing? Can we assuming the bow will be facing the front of Hall 6? Looking at the last few builds in Hall 6, Breakaway and now Getaway both ships had/have the bow facing the front float out gate of Hall 6. You will recall that when Breakaway was floated out, she was taken to almost the end of the MW "lake" and then rotated. It was a tight fit looking at video. Looking back at other builds at MW, Celebrity Reflections and the last Disney ship were both floated out with stern first. Quantum is about 79 feet longer than both Breakaway class ships. What do you think?

It looks like you can see part of the 2-deck-high not-Royal-Promenade area.

Here is a question about the Quantum build. Which way is she facing? Can we assuming the bow will be facing the front of Hall 6? Looking at the last few builds in Hall 6, Breakaway and now Getaway both ships had/have the bow facing the front float out gate of Hall 6. You will recall that when Breakaway was floated out, she was taken to almost the end of the MW "lake" and then rotated. It was a tight fit looking at video. Looking back at other builds at MW, Celebrity Reflections and the last Disney ship were both floated out with stern first. Quantum is about 79 feet longer than both Breakaway class ships. What do you think?

Really glad about the 2nd webcam being activated. So much so that my co-worker André and I have gone into –as he says – geek overdrive. He was obsessed with figuring out what part of the ship we were seeing. And here is the result of his hard work:

Quantumdecks_zps6074e668.png

If the Qof S’s front end is facing the same direction as the Getaway's is, then we are likely seeing this area (two yellow rectangles showing approximately the taller area (big rectangle) and shorter area (small rectangle) seen in the webcam image):

Quantum_decks456lineupMW_zpsb5009583.png

If the Qof S’s front end is facing the opposite direction as the Getaway's is, then we are likely seeing this area:

Quantum_decks456lineupotherwayMW_zps8500f330.png

Well, lunch time is over and I'm geeked out.

Back to work!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Great breakdown Lloyd.

... and André, who wants us to go out on a limb and propose that the QofS is facing in the same direction as the Getaway.

Sherlock Holmes may have said: "...when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth", but he also said "...check out the new photos with the yellow squares again" ...

Quantum_directioninMWhall6_zpsb0033b06.png

Looking at the deck plans - the grand suite usually has 2 sliding glass doors on the one wall of the cabin (one bedroom area, one living room area) - it looks as though there is a large porthole on side of one wall besides the 2 sliding doors (can't see sliding glass doors on the pic, but can see large circular window)

Those glass railings look extremelyhigh?? or maybe just the angle viewed

All speculation here - any other thoughts?

... and André, who wants us to go out on a limb and propose that the QofS is facing in the same direction as the Getaway.

Sherlock Holmes may have said: "...when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth", but he also said "...check out the new photos with the yellow squares again" ...

Indeed, thank you to Andre for all his input and hard work. You guys both have definately kept things interesting here.

I am also almost leaning in the same direction with Andrea that QOTS is facing in the same direction as Getaway. This is assuming that the engines are indeed towards the Aft to Mid section and the first blocks we saw during keel laying. Then I look at the attched image of Celebrity Reflection and then Hmmmm! Do you think they have that much room in the MW turing basin (that I referred to as "lake" above) to rotate QOTS with an extra 79ft longer than Breakway. Either way it wil be interesting to see sometime in the Fall of next year.

From Meyer Werft website below. Celebrity Reflections in the back with Disney Fantasy nearest to the Hall 6 floatout gate.

Mitarbeiter_W466.jpg

Looking at the deck plans - the grand suite usually has 2 sliding glass doors on the one wall of the cabin (one bedroom area, one living room area) - it looks as though there is a large porthole on side of one wall besides the 2 sliding doors (can't see sliding glass doors on the pic, but can see large circular window)

D'oh! And there's another way of determining which direction the ship blocks are facing! By the location of the Superior Grand Suite with Balcony (e.g.: Cabin 6234 in image of deck plan above) with its porthole and large balcony visible in the photo above. Thanks for making me realise that, Treacher1!

Having trouble making out the height of top of glass railing.

Edited by Lloyd555

I just asked about the webcam link and I found it i scrolled up... I hope the price goes down a little bit by May 2015

Hey, Trev! Haven't seen you since the Oasis cruise in February 2012. Hope prices go down too!

Have you been following the Quantum build at Meyer Werft Papenburg and in this thread about its construction?

Edited by Lloyd555

Which picture are you referring to when you say "Those glass railings look extremelyhigh"?

Edit - I now see the picture using my iPhone. For some reason I cannot see the second picture Lloyd posted above on my PC.

And good catch on the large porthole suites.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Lloyd - Now I can see what you were talking about here "check out the new photos with the yellow squares" using my iPhone. Makes sense and great catch by both of you again. I see you picked a great cabin already 6234 :)

And speaking of our regularly scheduled programming...

MW has finally turned on the Hall 6 webcam closest to Quantum of the Seas.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwer...cam/webcam.jsp

Halle_6_Webcam_2October17_zpse144bcbe.jpg

Awesome! I knew you just had to ask them politely, Lloyd!!! ;)

Going to be looking closely at decks 4 & 5 to see if can get an idea what this promenade/esplanade might look like.

Where are these large porthole Suites located :confused:

The large porthole suites, of which the Superior Grand Suite with Balcony is one, appear to be at the forward end of the hump on decks. See deck plan image in post # 329 on page 17.

6234 & 6634 are Superior Grand Suites with Balconies. On other decks I believe they may be another category (but still have the large port hole?).

Lloyd - the idea that this is the superior grand suite is purely speculation on my part. We have one of these already booked for 2015 - LONG wait. However, there is no floor plan shown on deck plans of Quantum as other cabins have. I know the grand suites in the past had 2 sliding glass doors - hope this one does. I am guessing that this large circular port hole type window is on the other wall of the superior grand suite. Since our deposit is already paid, I wish they would soon show a floor plan so we know what we are getting. I am sure it will be a terrific cabin - just impatient. Thanks for verifying you think this is suite 6234. Hope we get more views of that area later. What I also said was that it looked like the balcony glass railing looked very high on the one angle of the cabin. Maybe it just looked high from that angle. Time will tell - thanks for all your postings and pics. Keep them coming - much appreciated.

Lloyd - the idea that this is the superior grand suite is purely speculation on my part. We have one of these already booked for 2015 - LONG wait. However, there is no floor plan shown on deck plans of Quantum as other cabins have. I know the grand suites in the past had 2 sliding glass doors - hope this one does. I am guessing that this large circular port hole type window is on the other wall of the superior grand suite. Since our deposit is already paid, I wish they would soon show a floor plan so we know what we are getting. I am sure it will be a terrific cabin - just impatient. Thanks for verifying you think this is suite 6234. Hope we get more views of that area later. What I also said was that it looked like the balcony glass railing looked very high on the one angle of the cabin. Maybe it just looked high from that angle. Time will tell - thanks for all your postings and pics. Keep them coming - much appreciated.

I think the large circular porthole type window is on the same side of large balcony of the Family Connected Junior Suite.

Thanks Lloyd and Andre

OMG I see my cabin...well almost as its on the starboard side 6648 (one of the studio balconies):D Unless we are actually looking at the starboard side. Really excited now!

Denise

Thanks Lloyd and Andre

OMG I see my cabin...well almost as its on the starboard side 6648 (one of the studio balconies):D Unless we are actually looking at the starboard side. Really excited now!

Denise

The current webcam picture shows the starboard side and maybe your cabin near the giant green crane legs I you will.

Hey, Trev! Haven't seen you since the Oasis cruise in February 2012. Hope prices go down too!

Have you been following the Quantum build at Meyer Werft Papenburg and in this thread about its construction?

Yup just started to follow about it i didnt find it too interesting at first now that its coming along its interesting.. The price probably wont go down the first year i am guessing.. The price of flights will be alot cheaper since ist not as far and will probably make up the difference.. I got the webcam booked here on my work comptuer and home

Yup just started to follow about it i didnt find it too interesting at first now that its coming along its interesting.. The price probably wont go down the first year i am guessing. The price of flights will be alot cheaper since ist not as far and will probably make up the difference.. I got the webcam booked here on my work comptuer and home

Something about the building of the ship has captured my interest. I'm the same way about some 27 storey buildings going up around my office here in Ottawa. There's a forum for that as well.

Hey, if I write a blog some day, I'll start it with the trip on the Quantum. Might as well include some of these construction photos. :D

Oh, ya. And I'm a geek.

The large porthole suites, of which the Superior Grand Suite with Balcony is one, appear to be at the forward end of the hump on decks. See deck plan image in post # 329 on page 17.

6234 & 6634 are Superior Grand Suites with Balconies. On other decks I believe they may be another category (but still have the large port hole?).

Thanks for posting this - we are in Superior GS 8234 (2 decks up) - can't wait to enjoy the large balcony and see more information on these cabin types.

Pat

Edited by pkexton