Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

When are you sailing - that is OUR cabin as well - we sail March 1 2015 - if you are before that I will beg you to post pics!!

Sorry but we are not sailing until 4/12/2015 :( - we gotta rely on someone else to post pics:). Just keep our cabin in good shape after you leave. I am more anxious on the cabin set-up - we've been in a GS on the Explorer a couple of times so the inside may not vary too much. Where in PA are your from - I am in Exton (Chester Co.)

Pat

Edited by pkexton

Thanks for posting this - we are in Superior GS 8234 (2 decks up) - can't wait to enjoy the large balcony and see more information on these cabin types.

Pat

Hi Pat

Loved your cabin on Explorer last march. The bathroom was at least as big as my bedroom on Quantum. I think. :)

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Pat

Loved your cabin on Explorer last march. The bathroom was at least as big as my bedroom on Quantum. I think. :)

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Denise - yes that bathroom is HUGE - my sister always says you can tap-dance in it. On our Quantum cruise we will be sharing it with Dad but I know we won't run out of room:D

Pat

After the Norwegian Getaway floats out will they focus the first webcam on the QofS as well, showing it from another angle? Has this been done with previous builds left alone in the hall?

At least we'll likely be able to se the Anthem's build from keel onward.

After the Norwegian Getaway floats out will they focus the first webcam on the QofS as well, showing it from another angle? Has this been done with previous builds left alone in the hall?

At least we'll likely be able to se the Anthem's build from keel onward.

The first webcam will definitely be on Quantum and they may have the second on Anthem. I have seen cases were they use a wider angle on the webcam and show both ships in the building doc of Hall 6.

Did you see this great link posted by FIRELT5 in Hello 270 thread?! Awesome!

It looks like it's on the deck at the far end next to the QofS keel in the basin. You can see some of the Getaway behind the Two70 block.

https://twitter.com/royalcaribpr/sta...98646253121536

Edit: Having trouble with the link in this post; so here's the photo:

Quantum_of_the_Seas_Two70_zps807379b6.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

It looks like it's on the deck at the far end next to the QofS keel in the basin. You can see some of the Getaway behind the Two70 block.

I hope that any video of the build shows this area being constructed. It's an awesome design. At first I thought 'Hey! Doesn't the glass lean outwards? What's with the big supports leaning inward?' Then I spotted the three glass frame/support beams to the right of the workers. The other bigger supports for the framework are what is seen in videos and renderings of Two70. Cool.

Edited by Tough as Leather

Great picture of the 270 area block.

I think the big support leaning inward are the supports focabin cabins above 270 starting with deck 8 and other things at the aft all the way to the top. You also notice the big support beam on the outer part on the port side (similar one should be on starboard side).

Edit- if you look at some of the renderings of 270 you can see those supports inside.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

What we need now is the wider angle webcam to see the blocks that are at the back of Hall 6.

Then I spotted the three glass frame/support beams to the right of the workers.

The other bigger supports for the framework are what is seen in videos and renderings of Two70.

:p

Spot on

Keep your eye on the construction as I/We intend to spend quite a bit of time

on top of Two70 :)

Edited by TheDyesolKid

Shame they decided to go with square windows and not the round ones like on previous ships. I always liked the look of those, just something extra that made RCI ships special :)

Usually the lower decks have round port holes and higher up decks have larger square windows.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Looking at the shape and some other blocks that have been in Hall 6 (Norwegian Getaway), I think it's part of the stern or azipods as you put it.

Think you're right.

Looks like a good match. These two blocks look like they could be comfortably welded together...

October19keelblockdelivery_zps757dd38d.jpg

werften-902-der-erste-block-der-quantum-of-the-seas_zps6c27d83f.jpg

Is this one of the only photos found showing the other end of the keel blocks laid down in the basin behind the other ship in Hall 6? It's not a recent one. Anyone seen another more recent one, I wonder?

I miss Ingrid Fiebak. She would have posted one on her site by now.

Edited by Lloyd555

Lloyd - I knew you would find something. I just checked Ingrid's site but don't see a similar block. It seems you have to login to gain access to some pictures. The picture of the block on the barge as you note is maybe 100% identical to the one in the building dock below. If not belonging together, could it then be for Anthem instead?

Think you're right.

Looks like a good match. These two blocks look like they could be comfortably welded together...

October19keelblockdelivery_zps757dd38d.jpg

werften-902-der-erste-block-der-quantum-of-the-seas_zps6c27d83f.jpg

Is this one of the only photos found showing the other end of the keel blocks laid down in the basin behind the other ship in Hall 6? It's not a recent one. Anyone seen another more recent one, I wonder?

I miss Ingrid Fiebak. She would have posted one on her site by now.

Here is a similar looking block but on NCL Getaway. From "Building Norwegian Getaway"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbFS5716zdikDRcagR9fcNv1AbnDcsVdBPI1pYzzKtUU8tTrSGgQr5Uy_Z

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Nice of MW to move the webcam to the right so we can see that they are building upward, adding more decks. :)

MWOctober21_zps21583652.jpg

I noticed that too! Cant wait for the ship to be in Getaway's position and we can see 270 attached! :cool:

Nice of MW to move the webcam to the right so we can see that they are building upward, adding more decks. :)

MWOctober21_zps21583652.jpg

You notice that they also inserted a block in between the big gab of deck 1 or so. Look at the picture from 10/17 that you posted which I have tried to repost below.

Edit- could not copy. See picture on post 943.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser