Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Please be patient with me because I don't always know what I'm looking at when it comes to construction. Is anything of note happening in the area to the left of the Breakaway (in red circle below)? That area has really changed/grown over time.

webcam_zps7b94b768.png

As you can see from the posts above, lots happening with the QofS next to and behind the Getaway!!!

Lloyd555, once again great finds on the photos. I think your assessment is correct. Since the engines are in place, I think the view in that shot behind the Getaway shows that they have made huge progress on the portion of the Quantum shown in this rendering. It looks like the cabins extend a few decks above the Promenade/lifeboat deck. I blocked out the section with a red box for reference.

Thanks, but those are some photos from previous posts.

Thanks for the red box reference.

Edited by Lloyd555

Good catch. There is at least the painting of exteriror walls and installion of balconies. Nice to be able to see the progress. And somewhere behind that is the keel and engines. Wonder what's happening there?

We can see what's happening in this recent photo of a view of the blocks on the deck that we don't get to see often. Time to play "Where on the ship does that block fit?". The block with hte semi-circle section atop of it ...?

MWOctober10_zps9bd527d2.jpg

Photo courtesy newswhip.com

Ok block with semi-circle, I looked at the deck plans and several images and will make a few guesses. It could be the area right in front of the SeaPlex that has no windows and has a walk path of some sort. It is facing the pool deck area. Or it could be a block froward, Vitality Spa / Solarium area.

The rectangle area/decks below the half circle is not one full rectangle. If you look closely, there is an open space/gap on the other side of the half circle. Any time I see blocks with a gap, i think they may be part of decks with an open space down the middle of the ship that will be above the promenade/Esplanade/Centrum/ The block in question may be at one end of this gap.

Specullation is fun! :D

The rectangle area/decks below the half circle is not one full rectangle. If you look closely, there is an open space/gap on the other side of the half circle. Any time I see blocks with a gap, i think they may be part of decks with an open space down the middle of the ship that will be above the promenade/Esplanade/Centrum/ The block in question may be at one end of this gap.

Specullation is fun! :D

I was thinking it could be the open space to the H20 Zone. If you look at the deck plans the very front of the SeaPlex area (deck 16) faces the H2O Zone (deck 14) and its a semi-circle on deck 16. Just a thought.

Great find, didn't realize they have completed that much of Quantum! They need to get that NCL ship out of there!

Did you check out the balconies in that picture? Looks like we won't need to worry about small balconies after all.

Great find, didn't realize they have completed that much of Quantum! They need to get that NCL ship out of there!

Did you check out the balconies in that picture? Looks like we won't need to worry about small balconies after all.

Yes, great find!! I *think* those balconies are the superior grand suite balconies and the royal family connected suite balconies. Since we don't gave a floor plan for the superior grand suite yet, we'll have to make do. :)

Looking at some photos on Flickr belonging to my nephew, and just before I leave the site I thought I’d search for a favorite topic in this forum.

Sigh. Lucky to find some photos taken October 9 in halls 5 & 6 at Meyer Werft:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/post_and_beam/with/10213841246/

Here’s a sample of the photos. They show the area behind the Norwegian Getaway that we see in the photo that Tall-Cruiser gave us a link to in post #296, and that I zoomed into in post #299.

There’s some great photos of the artwork on the Getaway as well.

FromFlickr_October9_1_zpsb917a148.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_2_zpsa968af8d.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_3_zpsf748ff6b.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_4_zps8f76c055.jpg

I wonder which of the blocks that we see in hall 5 belong to the Quantum of the Seas? This look like the roof of the SeaPlex? :

FromFlickr_October9_5PossibleSeaplex_zpsd65b86f8.jpg

Photos courtesy Post & Beam on FLickr

Edited by Lloyd555

Looking at some photos on Flickr belonging to my nephew, and just before I leave the site I thought I’d search for a favorite topic in this forum.

Sigh. Lucky to find some photos taken October 9 in halls 5 & 6 at Meyer Werft:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/post_and_beam/with/10213841246/

Here’s a sample of the photos. They show the area behind the Norwegian Getaway that we see in the photo that Tall-Cruiser gave us a link to in post #296, and that I zoomed into in post #299.

There’s some great photos of the artwork on the Getaway as well.

FromFlickr_October9_1_zpsb917a148.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_2_zpsa968af8d.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_3_zpsf748ff6b.jpg

FromFlickr_October9_4_zps8f76c055.jpg

I wonder which of the blocks that we see in hall 5 belong to the Quantum of the Seas? This look like the roof of the SeaPlex? :

FromFlickr_October9_5PossibleSeaplex_zpsd65b86f8.jpg

Photos courtesy Post & Beam on FLickr

Wow! Amazing shots. You are really in Papenburg aren't you:)

Wow! Amazing shots. You are really in Papenburg aren't you:)

Either that or I am able to make a Quantum Leap into the body of a person who works at Meyer Werft. :D Ha! I've been waiting to make a reference to that TV show for ages!

Sigh. For anyone too young to know what I am referring to:

From Wikipedia: Quantum Leap was a television series that was broadcast on NBC from March 26, 1989 to May 5, 1993, for a total of five seasons. The series starred Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a quantum physicist from the near future who becomes lost in time following a time travel experiment, temporarily taking the places of other people to "put right what once went wrong". Dean Stockwell co-starred as Al Calavicci, Sam's womanizing, cigar-smoking sidekick and best friend, who appeared as a hologram that only Sam, animals, young children, and the mentally ill could see and hear. The series featured a mix of humor, drama and melodrama, social commentary, nostalgia, and science fiction, which won it a broad range of fans. One of its trademarks is that at the end of each episode, Sam "leaps" into the setting for the next episode, usually uttering a dismayed "Oh, boy!"

Edited by Lloyd555

You could be right about that roof for Sea Plex, but I am trying to make sense of scale? Is it wide enough? Where else would this block go?

Have to say that the artwork on the bow of Getaway looks really cool.

You can also see a different view of it in the MW Hall 5 webcam image.

Edited by Lloyd555

Either that or I am able to make a Quantum Leap into the body of a person who works at Meyer Werft. :D Ha! I've been waiting to make a reference to that TV show for ages!

Sigh. For anyone too young to know what I am referring to:

From Wikipedia: Quantum Leap was a television series that was broadcast on NBC from March 26, 1989 to May 5, 1993, for a total of five seasons. The series starred Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a quantum physicist from the near future who becomes lost in time following a time travel experiment, temporarily taking the places of other people to "put right what once went wrong". Dean Stockwell co-starred as Al Calavicci, Sam's womanizing, cigar-smoking sidekick and best friend, who appeared as a hologram that only Sam, animals, young children, and the mentally ill could see and hear. The series featured a mix of humor, drama and melodrama, social commentary, nostalgia, and science fiction, which won it a broad range of fans. One of its trademarks is that at the end of each episode, Sam "leaps" into the setting for the next episode, usually uttering a dismayed "Oh, boy!"

Loved that show.

Too bad that block in question wasn't in the foreground of this photo:

October3tour_3_zps0a63019c.png

Looks like the MW webcam is showing a new block or two on the dock. Still no shot of QOS though.

Agree with you. They've (re)moved the white block with balcony holes in Hall 5.

Will see more in a few weeks when they float out the Getaway, leaving QofS without a roommate. You know that we'll be watching for photos and videos of the float out with QofS in the background or foreground :D.

MovedblocksOctober_zps7042114e.jpg

Edit: At least for now we have a good view of the possible SeaPlex roof in Hall 5.

Edited by Lloyd555

Hey Lloyd! I found your Pinterest board with a bunch of the QofS construction pics. Nice having them all in one place. Was able to show it to my partner without having to scroll thru all the posts in the QofS thread.

We need more photos to fill it and this thread!!

Someone mentioned the idea earlier in the thread. I never paid much interest in Pinterest (no pun intended), but having them in one spot to easily show people was my reason for finally doing it. I am trying to get my fellow travelers interested in the QofS early, as it may be our next cruise after the AofS!! I guess that it'll also be a good way to find other photos.

Edited by Lloyd555

Someone mentioned the idea earlier in the thread. I never paid much interest in Pinterest (no pun intended), but having them in one spot to easily show people was my reason for finally doing it. I am trying to get my fellow travelers interested in the QofS early, as it may be our next cruise after the AofS!! I guess that it'll also be a good way to find other photos.

I'll keep this short since this isn't a Pinterest topic thread :D...

Tough as Leather: I don't hink you saw my board, but rather the results of a search using 'QofS' on Pinterest. I don't know how someone else can look at my QofS board, even if they're registered on Pinterest . I couldn't even see any of my QofS pins when I did a search using 'QofS constuction'. I'll look deeper into the world of Pinterest during the weekend. It's new to me and it's weird.

Enough said. Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Quantum_pleasestandby_zps13665edc.png

Oh Boy...let the games begin! :D

When I was a little kid and saw the Please Stand By test pattern on the TV, I would actually go stand by the tv. It always worked so I thought I fixed it.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2